Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
For AllieGator
      #44279 - 02/11/04 08:46 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Allie,

You should come over and come in my apt! My hubby makes the BEST french bread I've ever had...and I like making muffins and cookies...so maybe you can help us expand our horizons

How did you pick sociology? Do you have any idea what you might want to do after you graduate? My mom used to tell me to take sociology classes (I was a writing and lit. major).

My hubby LOVES the great outdoors. He wants us to go camping as soon as it gets warm. Since I wasn't so exposed to the outdoors scene growing up, it's a novelty to me. I'll let you know what I think of camping! I love the scenery and I like hiking; but, I gotta admit....I'm afraid of heights! Getting up the mountain...no prob...going down, well, that's another story....

My hubby is from the border of Texas and Arkansas...and I'm from Fla. I'm more ok with NY than my hubby...but he can't stand the quick pace of life here (I'm typically more oblivious to those things than he is...I'm more interested in the people in a place than the atmosphere). We hailed here from Boston, Mass. for a year so my hubby could learn in Yeshiva and after this we have NO IDEA where to go (we're considering everything from Seattle to Florida to Denver!) LOL He wants a warmer climate and a slower pace...I just want a place that when we're there it feels like home. If NY feels like home to you...stay here! Anyone who knows where home is SUPER lucky!

Do you go to Rockland Community College? My hubby are going to take a business course there (it's a free one-night course). I also wanted to take some courses there in education. Are you happy with the school?

It's so great to have someone to talk about NY with!

Have a great day...

-<3-
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: For AllieGator new
      #44287 - 02/11/04 09:12 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Hey girls! Ruchie, I didn't know you had moved to NY state!! How did I miss that? I'm a NYer myself... upstate, though, so probably 5-6 hours away from you girls. I absolutely love NY in the Fall, too... although, I'm with Allie, I'm not very athletic, so I usually go on long drives to see the folliage instead of hiking. And camping doesn't thrill me either because I like my warm shower every morning, lol. But I'll be interested to see what you think of it once your hubby gets you into it, Ruchie! I know a lot of people who love camping and being close to nature. Also, if you ever get a chance to drive up to the Finger Lakes you should. It would be a hike for you, but they have the most gorgeous folliage I've ever seen.

Okay, I'm off to eat lunch. See you later!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Kree new
      #44297 - 02/11/04 09:33 AM
Snow for Sarala

I never noticed you live in Rochester!!! You're close to the Adirondacks, right? It would be so great
if we could meet up!!!

I don't think my profile mentions specifics in reagrds to where I am...so that's not your fault! But I totaly missed your locale...

Anyway, enjoy your lunch! I'll DEF let you know what I htink of camping!

*hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Ruchie new
      #44314 - 02/11/04 10:43 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

You live in the Adirondacks area? What county are you in? I never realized you live in NY either. I am only about an hour west of Kree but probable farther away from your neck of the woods. I love camping. I haven't gone in a few years and we never camped outside of the state parks. We took the girls two years ago to Glen Falls and we only stayed one night. Meike couldn't handle not having her own bed. I also had a really bad IBS attack so home sounded good. It maybe a few more years before we attempt it again.

Re: Kree new
      #44327 - 02/11/04 11:31 AM
Kree

Actually, the Adirondacks are about 4 hours from me too! Here's a map of the different regions of NYS: web page. If you look toward the left, Rochester is in the blue "Genesee" region. I actually live about 1/2 hour East of Rochester, just into the burghandy "Finger Lakes" region. The Adirondacks are way up to the right in the turquoise! I will be going there for my cousin's wedding in about a month though! I think Heidi lives in the pink "Niagara" region on the far left... am I right Heidi? Anyway, I just thought I'd give you a geography lesson about your new state... I know I'd be totally baffled if I ever left NY!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

For Ruchie new
      #44337 - 02/11/04 12:14 PM
AllieGator

Reged: 01/24/04
Loc: Rockland County, NY

im sorry you guys arent staying, i couldnt picture living anywhere else than new york, but i guess becuz i was born here.

i know where RCC is, some of my friends go there... i go to SUNY albany upstate, i didnt want to go to school at home becuz it was too close, so this is a better distance.

my family used to go camping a lot, my parents were big into that when we were younger, weve moved onto hotels now when we go away (so much easier!) something about sleeping in a tent and not showering just doesnt sound like the best time to me.

i picked sociology randomly becuase there was nothing else that interested me more than cooking, so i just kinda picked anything. if being a chef doesnt work out (which i hope it does!!) i was thinking about going into journalism( thats my minor-for some reason you cant major it in here) and becoming a food critic- but thats a hard field to get into. when i found out i had IBS i thought my dream of cooking was over, becuase i could no longer eat the things i love to cook (most of the time if im not cooking for me, i do NOT cook ibs friendly, its just not the same). i figure if i just have little bites of things to taste them ill be ok...well see. for now

thats great that you and ur husband cook together. when im home i seriously cook all the time, morning afternoon nite it doesnt matter. im only happy when im cooking. its a shame i didnt go to the culinary institute but i plan on doing them when i graduate, until then i cant wait.

i cant believe we live so close to eachother! who would have thought?? ok im off to class...have a good day!!

--------------------
If you can do nothing else...smile

Re: Kree and Torbetta new
      #44365 - 02/11/04 02:06 PM
Snow for Sarala

I thought the Adirondacks were right near Rochester (Geography is, well, not my "best" subject)... LOL

I am not too far from the Tappan Z bridge (maybe 30 mins away or so depending on traffic).

The Finger Lakes.....that rings a bell. Do they have camping there or good bike trails? I think my hubby (an avid biker), once mentioned wanting to go there! It would be so great if a bunch of us could just meet up there!

Kree, I'll have to get my hubby to look at the map you sent me (maps are worse than Greek to me!).

I can't believe we're all a few hours away from each other...excellent!

*hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Kree new
      #44794 - 02/13/04 09:46 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I know I'm a little late but you are right, I'm in Niagara county. I'm not far from Buffalo and Niagara Fall, a little bit closer to NF.

Ruchie new
      #44807 - 02/13/04 10:17 AM
Kree

Ruchie, now I'm the one to be clueless. I have no idea where the Tappan Z bridge is! Are you right near NY city?

Yes, they definitely have camping in the Finger Lakes, and it wouldn't surprise me if they had great bike trails too. I have some great pics of the area that I took when my mom and I drove around to look at the folliage one day this past Fall. My dad's borrowing the scanner downstairs right now, but as soon as he brings it back up I'll post one for you!

I agree, it's awesome that we're all so close together. I definitely think a NY gathering is in order someday soon.

--------------------

Re: Ruchie new
      #44817 - 02/13/04 10:44 AM
Kree

Okay, here's the Finger Lakes pic. This was taken overlooking Canandaigua Lake (my favorite lake). I really think it's the most gorgeous place in the world. Unfortunately I can't post the actual pic here using Snapfish, but here's a link!

web page

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 83 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 621

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review