All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)
July 29, 1981....the day Prince Charles and Princess Diana married...
      #38585 - 01/18/04 12:51 PM
steather

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

And as my mom tells it, all the nurses were oohing and ahhing over the wedding on tv, and how gorgeous the Princess looked in her dress... while she really couldn't care less

--------------------
Heather

"Quod me Nutrit me Destruit"

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: July 29, 1981....the day Prince Charles and Princess Diana married... new
      #38609 - 01/18/04 02:17 PM
peaches

Reged: 09/28/03
Loc: Fort Wayne, Indiana

Quote:

And as my mom tells it, all the nurses were oohing and ahhing over the wedding on tv, and how gorgeous the Princess looked in her dress... while she really couldn't care less

LOL I can only imagine this scenario. I feel kinda bad for your mom, though, since no one was paying attention to her or her new baby!! But maybe being born on a special day means something cool will happen to you?

--------------------
It comes down to the art of living on [color/red]

Re: Thanks Heaps Mags new
      #38611 - 01/18/04 02:27 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Awww - you're too sweet Kandee!

Just so you know anyway , this is how I did the profiles: I went to the person's profile, selected the Address (that shows up in your browser - for example, here's yours: http://www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showprofile.php?Cat=&User=894&Number=38556&Board=livingroom&what=showflat&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=11&vc=1), did a copy, then in my post I was making, clicked on "URL" in the UBB Codes, then pasted the address in, then changed "web page" to the person's name. Ta-da! It's the same as linking to any other web page.

I can't modify the site any. I'd have to ask Heather to make a link to a page, and I know that would just be an extra thing for her to do, and I didn't want to bug her. I harass her enough with the Index. For the Recipe Index, I keep a file on my computer, then once a month I email it to her, and she just plugs it in to replace the new one. So, what I did for the birthdays was go to Birthdays (see, there's that link thing again ), then all the way at the bottom left, you'll see a link called "Favorite Thread! (toggle)". If you click on that, it will add it to your favorites. Then, you can go to My Home and it will always be there whenever you want to look it up. How's that?

I don't know what's going on with the safe foods list. I think Heather was supposed to put it together. I wonder how she's making out on it. Maybe I should see if she needs some help.

You are amazing, Mags! new
      #38662 - 01/18/04 04:31 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Wowee, Maggee! You are something...that is so great!

Now no one can grow old(er) without us remembering LOL

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Re: You are amazing, Mags! new
      #38668 - 01/18/04 04:55 PM
*Melissa*

Yeah, like some prego chick next month, eh?

May 17 new
      #38745 - 01/18/04 11:15 PM
leslierf

Reged: 10/11/03
Loc: Tucson, Arizona

Re: You are amazing, Mags! new
      #38761 - 01/19/04 05:57 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Quote:

Yeah, like some prego chick next month, eh?

I don't wanna talk about it LOL

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Mental Floss new
      #38785 - 01/19/04 08:32 AM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Mags,

Thanks for the explanation. I can see now how you linked the person's profile to the named URL. But didn't you have to put in each person's birthday by typing it in?

You just taught me something as well. I went to FAQ, and no where in there could I find where/how to add a favorite thread. Goodness, had no idea it would be at the very bottom of all the posts/replies. Now I know. I would not have been taking advantage of that feature if you hadn't mentioned. What I was doing, when looking for something, and I knew whose post or reply it was, was going back into their bio and clicking -show all this member's posts, then I could usually find it. By clicking the favorite threads option it is so much easier now.

At least I knew to go and click the preferences in my home so that another user could or could not see if I was on line. I'm sure there are other options I need to become familiar with.

You know, even though we here are a good and decent group, you never know what wack-os are lurking and then decide to come in and spoil the broth, so to speak. I think I agree with Heather on this one and opt not to have the IM's going. When I had AOL as my ISP the IM's got out of control. I finally opted out of all of it!!
I don't see where anyone should have a problem with contacting one of us that put an email address in our bio if they want to contact us privately. Sometimes there are just things that we want to discuss that don't fit in on these boards.............however some of us have so much fun with topics that we get carried away and get off the topic anyway!

Thanks again............I is SOOO nice to know we can always come to you for help....

Kandee

--------------------

Re: Mental Floss new
      #38809 - 01/19/04 10:13 AM
*Melissa*

Yay! I'm glad I taught you something Kandee! Anytime I can, I'll try to help if you have any questions.

Hey - on that PMing thing, I agree too. After I thought about it, you either accept them all or none. It's not like you can block out the weirdos. (at least the bad ones! LOL)

Have you ever heard of ICQ, MSN Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, etc.? There are a ton of them. If you really wanted to chat with people, you could maybe use that. I know even in our bios Heather has a spot to put your ICQ Number.

Personally, I use MSN Messenger, and I've never had a problem with getting harassed. I have it set up where only people on my list can contact me, and anyone else has to get my authorization before they can. Also, you have the option to block people. I've also used ICQ before, but just switched, because everyone I chat with is on MSN also. I didn't get rid of it because I had a problem with it or anything. But, I think ICQ has the same security options.

Well, that's all just FYI for you anyway. I know I have fun using it, so I thought I'd share in case you'd be interested in something like that!

Did you see I asked Heather about the Safe Foods List? I will get with her and see how we can set it up and maybe get something going.

Re: More Mental Floss new
      #38884 - 01/19/04 01:17 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Hi Mags,

Yes, I had ICQ at one time. Guess I just got sooooo burned out on the IM thing that I'd rather not do that anymore....and just answer someone in my own sweet time.
(It gets easier to say no the older one gets )

Yes, I did see where you asked Heather about the safe foods list. I suspect she is sighing over it..........like saying, oh my...yet ANOTHER THING TO DO!!!

Anyway, if I may, I'd like to make a suggestion and maybe if this safe foods list thing flies.....you may recommend that when folks offer one they make it is detailed as possible. Below is a little example I put together. See what you think????? Thanks again for being so patient with all of us trying to learn the ins and outs of these boards...Kandee

Name of item: YORK PEPPERMINT PATTY

Category: Candy, (Cereals, meats, vegetables, snacks, candy, beverage, dry mixes, fruits, condiments, frozen meal, etc.)
Where purchased : USA (USA? Canada? Etc….).
What store: Albertson's, Southern California, USA
Manufacturer: Hershey Foods
Web site: http://www.hersheys.com/products/york.shtml
Size: 1.4 oz. patty
Calories: 160
Total fat grams: 3
Fiber: <1
Protein: <1
Sugars: 25 g.
Total Carbs: 32 g.
Percent of calories from fat: 17% (Total fat grams X 9, divided by total calories)
Ingredients: Sugar, semi-sweet chocolate (chocolate, sugar, lactose, cocoa, cocoa butter, milk fat, soya lecithin and PGPR, vanilla), corn syrup, invert sugar, egg whites and oil of peppermint

Notes: Wheat free, gluten free, but NOT milk free, NOT sugar free, and NOT fat free. May NOT be good for people with GERD, (reflux) due to peppermint oil

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 140 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 103508

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review