All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
pressure
      #368037 - 08/09/12 11:54 PM
lovedby2

Reged: 08/09/12

Hi, Would anyone describe the pain related to IBS? I have constant pelvic pressure but have never been told this is IBS. Everything else has been ruled out. I really need relief from this. Thanks.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: pressure new
      #368055 - 08/13/12 11:02 AM
Craig

Reged: 08/13/12

This may be different for each person, but my pain is very consistent. It begins late afternoon in the lower left abdomen just above the boney ridge of the pelvis and gets progressively worse as the evening passes. In the morning it is gone after I've been to the bathroom. It begins each day as a pressure or very localized bloating in that one particular area and then turns into a stabbing, burning, or twisting type pain. Occasionally the swelling or bloating involves a larger area and I can see the difference in my waistline. Anything that puts pressure on this area (such as the waistband of my trousers when sitting or the elastic of my underwear causes pain, and if I don't immediately correct what is irritating this area it seems to 'swell' and the pain gets worse. It is only this one small area of my digestive tracts that seems hypersensitive.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 176 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2773

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review