Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
My recent saga
      #365728 - 08/03/11 09:00 AM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

Hi all,
It's been a little bit since I've posted, but after a really long few months, I'm back for support. Here's the basic story...
So I've been diagnosed with gastroparesis and non-specific colitis, so they have thought I didn't have IBS. Slowly over the past few months, I've been getting sicker and sicker. I'm throwing up a lot, lots of cramping in my gut, etc. Miserable. So I finally got in to see my doc and she put together a LONG plan of figuring this all out. I had an endoscopy and an MRI entography last week to rule out more serious things like Chrons. Glad to rule that out, but it was a horrible week. The MRI was THE WORST. I had to drink 6 cups of NASTY stuff-- it was called volumen. I would say it was similar to a colonoscopy prep drink... so after drinking that, you drink a huge glass of water and then have to lay still for the MRI for 45 minutes. It was really awful. I then met with a neurologist to see if my gastroparesis is due to my nerves not working correctly. In a few weeks I have to do a tilt-table table and a sweat test to try to rule out autonomic neuropathy. I also have an appt. with an allergist to check for more specific food allergies.
So needless to say, I'm totally overwhelmed. I am SO thankful to have a doc who is not brushing me aside and is just as determined to get an answer about why I am so sick now. It's just been rough. I am taking August pretty slowly-- teaching a few lessons here and there, but no steady work for the month. I'm hoping I'll get over the worst of it all by September.
I'm still thinking I have some IBS-- I cramp and spend the morning in the bathroom many days--and I'm sure its from the stress of this all. So I'm just checking in here. Thanks for reading my saga...just good to know people are out there who get how miserable this can truly feel.

--------------------
IBS-A

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: My recent saga new
      #365733 - 08/03/11 06:18 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Oh, you poor thing! I will be thinking of you & hope things start looking up SOON!

#365747 - 08/06/11 08:31 AM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Oh Aly!!!
I'm sorry to hear you are so ill!!! But I am happy to know the drs are looking into everything. Hmm... a neurologist - I should ask mine on Monday when I see her about a correlation between my brain issues and my gut issues.
I hope that they narrow it down and find a treatment plan for you soon.
Huge hugs!!!!!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#365863 - 08/22/11 01:50 PM
Aly

Thanks so much for the support. I'm really sick of this--I know you understand that feeling. I'm still in the midst of tests, meds, etc... no real answers yet.

--------------------
IBS-A

#365864 - 08/22/11 01:51 PM
Aly

thank you thank you! It's just nice to know there's a group of people out there than understand how crappy some days really are... THANKS!:)

--------------------
IBS-A

#365959 - 08/31/11 11:35 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Hi Aly!

It's awful you have to go through this... You don't deserve this. Tests suck, and this whole diagnosis of exclusion thing is some horrible plot by an evil insurance company somewhere...!

I remember how invasive and painful those tests are! You are doing the right thing by seeking out your correct diagnosis!! Make sure to take some time out for yourself, and treat yourself gently! I highly recommend annexing all the pillows and remote controls, and building yourself a soft nest. It's hard for others to see us this way, so make sure to let everyone know, it's not us, it's just that our bodies are not nice places to live sometimes.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

~nelly~

Aly - how are you feeling?? new
      #366102 - 09/17/11 09:12 AM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Just wondering how you are doing? Hope things are well!!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Re: Aly - how are you feeling?? new
      #366176 - 09/30/11 11:21 AM
Aly

Thanks SO much for checking in. I'm doing a bit better. It's been weird still... no real answers. Everything is still inconclusive, so I'm attempting to treat everything through diet and stress relief... hoping that'll help:)
Thanks!!!

--------------------
IBS-A

UPDATE new
      #366531 - 12/12/11 06:52 AM
Aly

Hi all,
the saga continues... again. After another few rough months and more tests, I am still not finding any definitive answers. After an enteroscopy last week, they found a duodenal ulcer and hiatal hernia along with a lot of inflammation. They claim it looks like an allergy...but we can't figure out to what! So frustrating! I'm headed to the Cleveland Clinic to get a second/third/seventeenth (haha) opinion about everything. Maybe an answer before the end of the year? We can hope!

--------------------
IBS-A

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 202 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 14317

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review