All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Low Sugar Enzymes
      #365036 - 06/06/11 06:57 PM
Naome

Reged: 06/06/11

Hello, I am new to the post. I have received my first Kahoona kit from Heather. I am excited to get started to see how it can help my IBS. I have an 8 year old daughter who has suffered from similiar IBS symptoms for the last 2 years. I decided I should take her to a pediatric GI doc after she had an accident on the school bus and the anxiety from this created repeated symptoms every morning prior to getting on the school bus. The GI doc did all kinds of blood work and then a colonscopy. Today I received a call from his office and was informed that my daughter's biopsy showed low sugar enzymes. I realize this means she has lactose intolerance which I have assumed all along. Now she has to take Lactaid tabs w/ each meal and snacks. She has to take Carafate for 2 mths to see if it helps. He thinks this is tansient and can be curred. Not sure where this takes her and I both ? Anyone heard of this, please let me know. My concerns for my daughter's problems creates anxiety for me which does not help my IBS. Sorry my message is so long. Thanks for taking the time to read.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Low Sugar Enzymes new
      #365038 - 06/07/11 04:53 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Welcome to the board,

Carafate, also know generically as Sucralfate is used in the treatment of duodenal ulcers and GERD. Did your daughter have an endoscopy as well as a colonoscopy? Did the doctor say she had ulcers or GERD?

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 138 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2721

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review