All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS- constipation & diarrhea
      #363835 - 03/03/11 06:51 AM
moralsoul

Reged: 03/03/11

I have had IBS for about 30 years. I will be perfectly fine and then all of a sudden I will get stomach pains and will be in the bathroom for a good 1hr. after that I am fine but will not be able to have a bowel movement for 2-3 days. Then I will have one for a day or two and sometimes go back to having a stomach pain and the cycle returns. I can go sometimes 2-3 weeks without having a diarrhea attack. I hate it bec. I can be out somewhere and then all of a sudden have an issue. I am lactose intolerant too so I stay away from dairy. Lately, since I have been taking a soluble fiber ( 4 weeks) when I do have an issue I don't have diarrhea but I will go to the bathroom a couple times but have stomach pains that will last another 1-2 hrs. What can I do?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS- constipation & diarrhea new
      #363838 - 03/03/11 08:28 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Welcome to the board,

It is best to address question about IBS and diet on the diet board. This board is reserved for none IBS related discussions.

It would be helpful it you could list the meals and snacks you have eaten in the past 2-3 days.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 608 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2390

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review