All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Stress question
      #362975 - 01/17/11 09:33 AM
NASCARAFN161

Reged: 01/09/11

OK, today started out really scary- first of all, in my dream, there was a scary event happening then, call me crazy, I thought I could actually "feel" the stress! In my DREAM! I'll tell ya, it was weird! And then after my second trip to the bathroom. I flushed the toilet, and it wouldn't stop filling up! Well, after a few decisions thanks to 2 of my wonderful relatives, we were able to safely stop the problem without any damages! Question is, now that I have all this stress on myself, will it jump out and surprise me tonight? Recently, I have been feeling pains on and off recently throughout the days of Friday (that pain I could almost call an "attack"), Saturday, and yesterday, the pains hurting less every day. And since I'm superstitious, my mind is predicting an attack, but I don't know because it's too unpredictable! I'm going to have some oatmeal to try to rest my tummy and try to stay un-stressed as best as I can for the remainder of the day. But, my question is, is does stress always lead to an attack? I've heard that stress is a main factor to this, and don't know what to do after I get stressed, or, you know, after I've calmed down.
Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Stress question new
      #362976 - 01/17/11 09:53 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Self-diagnosis of IBS is not a good idea. It is important to get a proper diagnosis from a physician before assuming you have IBS since many other disorders mimic IBS.

Stress doesn't always lead to an attack but frequently it can. Try the hypnosis CD since it will not only reduce attacks it will help reduce stress.

Once an attack begins there is litte you can do except wait it out, relax, drink peppermint or fennel tea and put a hot water bottle on you stomach area.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1145 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2420

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review