All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Hey, I'm new here.
      #360989 - 09/18/10 12:59 AM
Crook_In_the_guts

Reged: 09/18/10

Hey, I just signed up to this site and am looking to share info, treatments and advice with other people who suffer IBS like me.
Here's a bit about me.....
I'm a 29yo male from australia and have had IBS problems for about 8 - 10 yrs. My symptoms have been different over the years but for the last few yrs, they have seemed to stay the same. I hardly ever get "D" anymore, but seem to suffer from "C" at least weekly. I tend to go through cycles where I feel well for a few days while i'm blocked up because nothing is moving down there and I find it releiving until things start to move again, then get pains in my lower abdomen and need to go to the toilet several times a day until its all out. I have also developed moderate anxiey as I am afraid go out anywhere due to my IBS. When I know i need to go somewhere, I get anxious and that brings on my symptoms and I need to go to the bathroom almost instantly where I usually wouldn't need to go if was to stay where I am, (at home or work etc).
Please help!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hey, I'm new here. new
      #361004 - 09/18/10 09:56 PM
Crook_In_the_guts

Reged: 09/18/10

Great support guys..... appreciate it.

#361014 - 09/19/10 07:42 PM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Hey there,
I'm not sure I can be much help,I am a Der mostly.
Are you following the EFI diet?
Do you know what triggers your attacks?
Are you taking anything for the gas or pain or C?
What have you been doing that you think works or doesn't?

The trend here seems to be that Cers don't find as much relief from EFI as Ders do.
I think that you need to have more IF in your diet instead of more SF like us Ders.But thats my impression anyway.
Syl and shawneric and DoubleJ are all men on here that might be able to help you more.
Try posting any questions on the EFI board and post directly to the men.
Know that you aren't alone but sometimes you won't get any responses beacause no one is actually on much right now or they really have no advice for you.I am not male with C so for me I would read your post normally but not be able to help.
Keep asking though eventually someone will see it and respond.
Have you thought about the hypnosis cds?
Any how welcome and good luck to you.

BTW how is Australia these days?I heard it snowed there.I didn't know you guys got snow.

dragonfly

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#361015 - 09/19/10 08:31 PM
Marilyn

Reged: 05/02/03

Hello and welcome!

What you describe here:

>>" I have also developed moderate anxiey as I am afraid go out anywhere due to my IBS. When I know i need to go somewhere, I get anxious and that brings on my symptoms and I need to go to the bathroom almost instantly where I usually wouldn't need to go if was to stay where I am, (at home or work etc).
Please help!<<"

- is pretty common with us IBSers. I was nearly housebound with it, and IBS attacks would occur more often if I knew I had to be somewhere - tho I would have attacks out of the blue as well.

Many folks have had some success with this IBS issue using clinical hypnotherapy to address the brain-gut aspects of IBS.

Feel free to ask any questions - take a peek at the link below as well.

I have talked with many fellows who have used this program very successfully - one gentleman had severe IBS-D for over 35 years - was on every med and until he used the IBS Audio Program, he was pretty bad off - this program helped him out immensely. Shawneric was one of the first fellows to use this program back in 1999 or so. I used it in 2000 -

So dont be discouraged - there is hope out there.

You are not alone - all the best to you!

--------------------
My Journey and Success with the IBS Audio Program Hypnotherapy Program: www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=hypnotherapy&Number=224850

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1918 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3500

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review