All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Feeling nervous....
      #359891 - 07/22/10 11:11 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

Lately, I've been nervous again about the smallest things. I'm on Lexapro for anxiety, but since my mother passed away, my nerves are really causing problems. Ugh! I don't really want to increase my Lexapro...but I know that's what my Dr. will suggest.

The nerves are upsetting my IBS-D, too...and that just makes more nervous.

I got an invitation from a local photography group today that I am interested in joining. They are having their picnic this Sunday. I'd love to go, but it's going to include leaving town with the group at 7a.m. sharp, driving 200 miles to the picnic/photographing location, driving around to other photo-op locations, eating, etc. My tummy does NOT do well that early in the morning and there are only 2 bathroom stops listed on the information for the event. I hate that my IBS sometimes dictates what I can or cannot do!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Feeling nervous.... new
      #359892 - 07/22/10 11:30 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Hi Nugget,

How was your vacation?

I am sorry that you are feeling so anxious right now. You have been through a lot with the death of your mother. It doesn't surprise me that you are not feeling 100%.

Can you drive yourself on this photography trip? Sometimes if I can drive I feel like I have more control. Then I know if I have an emergency I can take a detour and find a bathroom. I hear what you are saying about IBS controlling your life. I do choose my activities based on bathroom availability.

If you decide you want to go I would suggest eating very safe for days before and take immodium before you leave the house for the day trip.

--------------------
Janey

#359893 - 07/22/10 12:34 PM
Marilyn

Reged: 05/02/03

Thought I would pop in here as this situation was so familar to me - Janey has a great suggestion - drive yourself - you could even start out later if they have a destination - just get there late.

I have been there and know just what you are going through - my sympathy to you on the loss of your mother (((HUGS)))

I have had severe refractory IBS since 1983 and raised my kids through the bathroom door - however, I am now much better after tons of meds and treatments, the hypnotherapy helped me immensely to break that anxiety level and symptoms. It was a really long road, but there is hope - take a peek at my journey link below.

Be encouraged - you dont have to live this way, there is hope... take care and hope you are able to take that photo journey!

--------------------
My Journey and Success with the IBS Audio Program Hypnotherapy Program: www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=hypnotherapy&Number=224850

#359898 - 07/22/10 04:32 PM
Nugget

Hi Janey....
Vacation was good. Very fast paced, though. I had to rest up when we got back. My tummy cooperated for the most part. I just kept Imodium handy. It's like my American Express...I never leave home without it. LOL!

Thanks for the support. Anxiety has always been a part of my life...some times are worse than others. This just happens to be a bad time. I can drive myself during the photography trip. That would certainly help. The other part that makes me nervous is I've not met any of these people before other than one....but I don't really know her...just met her. She is the one who told me about the group.

Still not sure if I will go, yet. It's supposed to be hot that day, too...and heat doesn't agree with me either. Ugh!

#359899 - 07/22/10 04:34 PM
Nugget

Hi Marilyn....that's a great idea to meet them at the destination later. If I go, I'll probably do that. Thanks for your suggestions. I'll check out your journey on the IBS road.

#359900 - 07/22/10 05:24 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

I am glad that your vacation ended up being fun, even though it was busy. I have had vacations like that where I felt like I came home and had to rest up.

I can sympathize with your feelings of anxiety. Just do what you really want to do. It is entirely your decision. There is no one that is going to be upset with you if you don't go. Marilyn had a good idea about meeting the group later in the day.

--------------------
Janey

#359905 - 07/23/10 12:16 AM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

Hope you have a wonderful trip - excellent advice!
I'm just like you about the anxiety and when everything is overwhelming, it's hard to tell which comes first the IBS or the anxiety!
I just returned from 2 days with my daughter, SNL and 2 granddaughters. It was wonderful being with everyone, but the perfectionist/responsible/people pleasing/still a little co-dependent - part of me, made it miserable - trying to hard to make everyone happy. I'm not where I was 10 years ago, but still not where I want to be!

This is the way the board used to be - everyone supportive and caring - really enjoyed your interactions.

I don't get on here very often any more, but this was very encouraging...

{{Hugs}} & Blessings! - Dorothy

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

#359912 - 07/23/10 08:14 AM
Nugget

Yes, I really felt like I needed to rest up after vacation. Thankfully, my husband was still on vacation when I had to go back to work. So he went to our cabin to get some work done there...so I've had some much needed "me" time alone.

As for the photography trip...I think I'm going to pass on it right now. It's supposed to be 94 Sunday...too hot for me to be out taking photos. And it's kind of a difficult time right now. Today would have been my parents 49th anniversary...and we will be attending a funeral for the husband of one of my mom's best friends. So today and the next few days are rough ones emotionally. Will be ready to rest Sunday. The difficult part of the passing of mom's friend's husband is that he was hit by a car when he was walking to his car after the rodeo Saturday. Such a sad situation.

#359913 - 07/23/10 08:25 AM
Nugget

thank you Dorothy. {{{hugs}}}
It sure helps talking with people who have "been there, done that". My husband tries to be, but he's never gone through what I have and so his support sometimes gets annoying..ya know? LOL! He thinks he's helping, but when he says "try not to think about it", it's really no help at all. And I can't talk to my mom about it any more...I really miss her. I have my aunts, brother, and dad...but it's not the same.

#359914 - 07/23/10 08:57 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Gosh you guys,everyone seems to be cycling through rough patches right now.Myself included since the end of May my symptoms have been horrible,and the panic attacks,uncontrollable.
Heres the good news....I'm coming around !Maybe this is the start for everyone!!!
Glad you made it on your trip Nugget.I hope you had fun even while stressing out.
I wish I could just give you a great big hug right now!
I'm leaving in two weeks for a trip out to NFLD and I know my IBS is going to make me crazy too.Thank God for drugs!!

GAGA I hope things settle for you too and I hope everyone starts to have a better summer.

Nugget,what kind of photography do you like to take?I am an amateur enthusiast myself.Do you have facebook ?There are lots of fun photography sites there.

I hope you ladies are all doing better soon!!!
{{{{{hugs}}}}}}} to everyone
Chris

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#359915 - 07/23/10 09:54 AM
Nugget

Hi Chris, and thank you....sorry you are having a rough time, too. I haven't been here in the "Living Room" for a while. I'm thankful for all the support here.

Hope you have a good trip without any IBS problems. What is NFLD?

I do nature photography. Yes I do have Facebook. Lots of inspiration out there on the Web.

Here's my Web site. http://pfmphotography.zenfolio.com/

#359923 - 07/23/10 03:43 PM
dragonfly

LOL NFLD is NewFoundland.
I'm going to check out your website.

I just went and checked it out!
LOVE IT!
Wow you really have an eye.
We have two goldens too.Aren't they fabulous!
I love taking their photos too and my cats.I have been chasing down insects lately and hunting dragonflies too but the little buggers move too fast!lol
I recently went and took photos of a house that has been falling down and the whole place just made me sad to see that this home someone had lived in and made memories has just fallen apart and been forgotten.
Great work Nugget!!
Chris

--------------------

Edited by dragonfly (07/23/10 03:59 PM)

#359924 - 07/23/10 08:34 PM
Nugget

Thanks for looking, Chris. And thanks for the wonderful comments. I just recently got serious about photography...although, I've been interested in it for most of my life. Landscapes and animals are my favorite subjects...nature in general.

I'd love to see the photos you have taken...especially of that house. Sounds like it could tell lots of stories. Kind of like that show on HGTV..."If These Walls Could Talk".

#359926 - 07/24/10 06:50 AM
dragonfly

Hey Nugget
I don't have a website myself and I would never know how to begin starting one so its for the best.

I have posted some stuff on facebook but I just took all my pictures off the computer right now and saved them on disks.I could post some though in a photo album.

My name is Chris Shepherd McAdams and my profile picture is a dragonfly.

I have been wanting to take some classes but alas my anxiety and IBS has so far kept me away.My girlfriend has taken some and she helps me figure out some stuff sometimes though.

I hope I can get to some classes soon.One of these days I'd like to go for a drive looking for old places to capture.
We are heading out east soon and I am certainly looking forward to taking lots of pictures of the fishing villages and life on "th e rock" as Newfoundland is fondly called.

Feel free to check out my photos if you like they aren't really amazing though..not yet anyway.

So how was your trip?Did you get any time alone?Did you get to take lots of pictures?Was your step daugter and you able to connect?
Hope so.
Chris

--------------------

#359931 - 07/24/10 10:22 AM
GaGa

I'll adopt you! Especially since I can't talk to my daughter about it - so we're even!

Again, I would be rich if I had a penny for everyone who told me "not to think about it"... you have to learn to control your behavior/thoughts. One dr. suggested behavioral therapy (which I've worked in mental health most of my life and have been in therapy as well - due to anxiety and co-dependency... stuffing my emotions, etc...). She said you have to "confront" your fears and her example was a fear of flying. I'm sorry, but that would be a piece of cake for us!!! I can avoid flying. But, how do you confront your fears of being sick all the time??? Sure, you try to think of other things, but you've got this pain going on or you're running to the bathroom or wishing you could!

My husband is wonderful and in 43 years has never once tried to tell me to "get over it" or "it's all in your head" and tries his best to understand. He even says he doesn't understand how a person could suffer so much, so long and says he wishes he could take my place - so, I know I am blessed and loved. However, I always tell him to take back the last statement - I sure couldn't deal with him (never sick) having anxiety and IBS!

So, any support or comfort or even validation I can offer - I am here!

{{Hugs}} & Hopes for Better Days - they are on the way - I promise!

Dorothy

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

#359933 - 07/24/10 10:25 AM
GaGa

Same to you, sweet Chris!!! I'm not used to you having these down days. But, I'm with you and believe they are going to turnaround. Maybe it's all the oil fumes and methane gas in the air from the oil spill - reaching all the way to Canada too!

{{Hugs & Hopes for Good Health}} - Dorothy

--------------------

#359940 - 07/24/10 02:31 PM
Nugget

Thanks Chris...I'll look you up on Facebook.
Our trip was good....but busier than I like. Thankfully, my tummy cooperated most of the time except one bad time at Crazy Horse Monument. But, that was food poisoning, I think, because my step daughter ate the same thing I did and had to run to the bathroom an hour later, too. LOL!

She and I did kind of connect on our trip. She calls me mom now...kind of shocked me a little and feels kind of strange. I don't have any kids of my own and there is only about 11 years between us.

#359941 - 07/24/10 02:32 PM
Nugget

{{{hugs}}} Thanks again, Dorothy, for being here.

#359942 - 07/25/10 06:34 AM
dragonfly

Awww..I'm so glad for you!That must be a good feeling that she would feel comfortable calling you mom.

My step dad and my mom have been together for twenty years and he is my dad but his whole family including his two daughters have never accepted my mom as his wife.His family even goes so far as to include his ex in family functions.Mom has just stopped going most of the time.It makes me so mad.she tried so hard and did so much for those kids and they just act like she is nobody.

So it is nice to hear you guys got a little closer.
Too bad about the one food episode.That is what I am afraid of happening.I am sure my IBS will behave for the most part but I am going to be on high alert most of the time I know.It'll be bread and pretzels,chicken and carrots for me.
Just to be sure.

I have told my husband that I just want to play it by ear ,not make plans to go do anything and I have been worried that his brother will be .."oh we thought we would take you here or here today.."I do not want that!I just want to go with the flow...know what I mean?

Anyway...enough rambling,I know you guys all understand what I am feeling better than anyone.
Well I hope you have happy tummy days!
Chris

--------------------

#359956 - 07/26/10 08:11 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Hi nugget I am so glad your vacation went good and you and your step daughter got close thats great. It was so nice to see you and dragon fly and gaga on here I miss you girls your a big support for me.
As far as your pitchure taking very beautiful work! I think you need to really get into it it may be a great outlet with everything thats going on in your life. Alot of times when I am nervous about going some where or going doing something my ibs usualey behaves and I am glad I went. I to HATE that it runs and dictates things I want to do. I am alwyas saying to my husband "Why can't I just be normal" Like gaga husband hes very supportive and knows its not in my head and at cookouts or dinners makes sure I have engouh to eat. Sorry your going through a rough patch right now. I am always here if you need to talk! My ibs is somewhat behaving if I could just get rid of the gas (to much info right lol) Its more mental now for me than anything I am so burn out on thre same old foods and the same old meals. I miss food so bad and some days it really depresses me! I try not to think about it but that don't always help. I have the hypno cds and have for about 2 years now just don't have time to do them! Well engouh about me just wanted to say hay and hang in there. hugs
Emmasmom ibs-c gas
(Sheila)

#359959 - 07/26/10 08:17 AM
Nugget

Thanks Sheila! So good to get the support here that we all need. We have supportive spouses, but it's not the same as talking to those who have gone through/are going through the same thing. {{hugs}}}

Very Very true! They justNo one can get it til you been there-nt new
      #359960 - 07/26/10 08:45 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 344 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12906

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review