All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: I think I may be about done here new
      #359907 - 07/23/10 12:51 AM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

I know how you feel. I'm not on here very often, mainly because of time constraints and other obligations. But, in the past, this was such a safe haven for me. I could ask anything and receive kind, caring advice, as well as validation - something many of us IBS'ers, especially ones dealing with anxiety - did not receive a few years ago.
I wish I had a penny for all the times I heard "it's all in your head"!

A few months ago, I went through a similar situation on here. A very immature newbie on here and a couple of people were "eating her lunch" every post, so I tried to be the "mother"... bad idea! In the end, I had nothing positive left in me and became an entirely different kind of "mother"! So, I had to retreat!

Since I have not been on here in so long, I don't know what happened regarding your recent experience, but I do know, your wise counsel and compassion are needed and valued by many. So, take a break if you must - or just avoid any negativity you see. But, we'll keep the "light on" waiting for your return...

{{Hugs}} - Dorothy

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I think I may be about done here new
      #359908 - 07/23/10 05:43 AM
kim123

Reged: 07/18/06
Loc: Florida

Dorothy, your posts are always so kind and uplifting. Thank you for letting your light shine here Hope you're feeling good these days.

Kim

Ways to avoid conflict new
      #360027 - 07/29/10 02:42 PM
glasgowgirl

Reged: 09/01/08
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi

If your sticking around on the boards and your interested in ways to reduce conflict here's my two cents

If you feel offended by a post then give yourself time before replying. Going in angry and upset will not make for a good result.

Also don't assume the worst about a persons intentions or meaning. Your assumptions can be wrong so have a think about what else they are trying to convey.

Accept that other people have different opinions from you and that you can't control them or change people.

Also please bear in mind that while collaboration is the first step in resolving a conflict that not all situations can be resolved by collaboration. If you are feeling bullied etc it's Ok to ask the board operators for help.

If your interested I'd recommend reading the joy of conflict resolution by Gary Harper http://www.amazon.com/Joy-Conflict-Resolution-Transforming-Workplace/dp/0865715157/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1280439682&sr=8-1-spell

--------------------
Stable IBS D

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 125 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9367

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review