All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: I don't want to go on vacation. new
      #359253 - 06/13/10 12:33 PM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

Thanks...Yes, I take a low dose of Lexapro for anxiety. AND I always keep Imodium on hand. It's like my American Express...Never Leave Home Without It! LOL!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#359260 - 06/13/10 07:13 PM
wizard41681

Reged: 05/13/10
Loc: texas

I am just going to say from the point of view of someone who lost a parent and has been there grief is a complex thing and as a husband I will say that while I might be disappointed that my wife did not want to go it is my job first and foremost to support her in what it is that she needs that said if you don't feel up to it be honest there is never any shame in telling the people you love how you feel particularly in such a stressful time. Keeping things bottled up is a stress trigger and I think we can agree that is a major IBS no, no do what is right for you and it will all work out

--------------------
IBS-D with gas

#359350 - 06/18/10 10:08 AM
Nugget

thanks so much, Wizard. I really appreciate the thoughts. I've kind of just decided to "go with the flow" and see what happens. Mom always told me to "take it one day at a time". So that's about all I can do. If I need to go off by myself once in a while during the trip...I'll just do it.

#359351 - 06/18/10 05:29 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Hi Nugget,

I'm happy you decided to go on the holiday. I can completely understand your desire to stay home as well. I lost my beloved grandma on May 22, suddenly, though in our hearts, it was expected. She was 82, with a very weak heart. She had heart valve replacement 3 times. Since she passed away I haven't wanted to do much. But I know she wouldn't want me to sit in the house and cry. She would want me to carry on. And I have to carry on, my surgery is only 4 days away now, and I had fully expected her to be here for my recovery. Sadly, she's not.

I understand your heartache, I feel my own right now.

Try to enjoy your holiday and your time with the family. It is not just time for your husband and step daughter, but time for you as well.

Take care of you, big hugs ((((((((((( HUG))))))))))))

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#359353 - 06/19/10 12:03 PM
Nugget

Hi Casandra...
I'm so sorry about the loss of your grandmother. {{hugs}} My grandmother passed away on May 22, too....eleven years ago now. And now my mother on May 28 this year. It's tough...my heart goes out to you and your family.

Forgive me for not knowing....or maybe I just don't remember...what kind of surgery are you having? I'll keep you in my prayers.

#359359 - 06/19/10 06:23 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Hey Nugget,

Thanks for the hugs!! I've been getting a lot of them lately! And I'm cherishing every one!

I'm having brain surgery for Chiari malformation on June 22nd. My skull is too small for my brain and my brain is herniated into my first vertebra about 8 to 10mm. There more about it on my blog, if you're interested.

Hope you're having a great day!!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#359372 - 06/21/10 08:46 AM
Nugget

wow! I'm so sorry you are having to go through such a rough time. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and hoping all goes well. Sending prayers and hugs your way.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 229 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10835

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review