All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: What do you think caused your ibs? new
      #365058 - 06/08/11 04:29 PM
sammylou

Reged: 06/08/11

For me I am pretty sure it was stress. A lot of which came from my husband being deployed overseas and caring for our twin toddlers alone during those 15 months. Also school, making money to cover bills, marriage issues resulting from the extended separation, etc, etc, etc. One day I just got an upset stomach and it never stopped. It is about 4 years later and I am desperate and depressed at this point. Also very angry at times. But then I check myself because I know it could always be worse. My family is not very open about their health issues so I guess it COULD be genetic, but I will never know.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#365064 - 06/09/11 09:08 AM
Islandsguy123

Reged: 03/02/11
Loc: Savannah,GA

I took antibiotics about four years ago and had stomach problems right after that. They went away, or changed. I had food poisoning last summer and been having "IBS" since.

Oh yeah, stress. I'm a caregiver for my mother and uncle who are mentally ill. I've always had anxiety and depression as well.

#365072 - 06/09/11 12:30 PM
Donna49

Reged: 06/09/11

I just joined this message board forum. I am desperate to find help for my 20 year old daughter. She also started with IBS systems at age 17. Had many many tests done and could find nothing wrong with her. When she gets a bad attack of IBS she will look like she is five months pregnant and in so much pain. I was wondering what you have found that helps the best with these systems.

#365073 - 06/09/11 12:42 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Donna, you will find much more help on the diet board at the top of the page. Good luck.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 518 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 15976

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review