All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
URGENCY QUESTION
      #357951 - 04/22/10 05:46 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

I am "C" and have been pretty stable for a while now. Recently I started having a problem with urgency. When I have to go, I have to go NOW. There are a couple of times I have not quite made it in time. Does anyone else have this problem? I am afraid to go anywhere if I haven't 'gone' yet for the day.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: URGENCY QUESTION new
      #357956 - 04/22/10 09:42 AM
glasgowgirl

Reged: 09/01/08
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Since your symptoms have changed so radically you really need to see a doctor. This may be a indication of a impaction where only the liquid stool can get round a blockage. You'll need xrays to check for this.

--------------------
Stable IBS D

#357962 - 04/22/10 04:22 PM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Not to be graphic, but it isn't liquid. It's just that I can't hold it.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

#357964 - 04/22/10 06:21 PM
DianeM

Reged: 12/05/06
Loc: Kentucky

I've had this problem on occasion. It's not liquid either, but still in the D arena I think. I've related this issue to two things. Stress is the first one and has usually been the culprit. I related it to overeating on another occasion. But checking with a doctor sounds like a good idea to me too.

#357965 - 04/22/10 07:04 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I ditto DianeM. When my body triggers a complete evacuation, it doesn't matter how stable I was up until that point... when it wants to go complete evac, it goes complete evac, and all you can do is brace yourself and hold on.

If my stomach's been slow for a while (a real treat!!) an attack can start slow but pick up speed latrer. At least this buys me time... Like, if I have 2 large BMs in a short space of time, the smaller stuff is guaranteed to come quicker.

Usually my "fast" D attacks start with a sharp pain or a gurgle on my high left side. If I hear that gurgle, I drop everything and RUN, cause it's coming out in 4 seconds irrelevant of where I am, how many clothes I'm wearing, etc!

The trick is learning what to expect. IBS attacks are like cycles. And it could have been the errant stalk of celery I half-committingly munched on this morning that started the whole thing going... or the loud honk from the taxi, or the tight pantihose I wore.

You might never know the cause of this attack, but while you're having one, there might be others lurking, so treat yourself gentle and relax in loose clothing when you get home. I'm sorry you had to go through this. {{{HUGS}}} Know you're not alone!

~nelly~

Nelly new
      #357990 - 04/23/10 06:14 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Hmmm...complete evac? Try this scenario. Completely backed up for two weeks...at work...body decides to go into total evac mode...one bathroom in the whole damn place (small company)...me on john in total blow-out mode...completely clog the toilet...grab plunger and try to very quietly unclog the poop-filled john...just know everyone hears me and knows what I'm doing...no luck first go-round...afraid to flush in case of overflow...thinking to myself, maybe I should just walk out and blame it on someone else...won't work...they'll know it's the IBS chick Geri...panic...panic...panic...plunge again...poop breaking up...hold my breath and FLUSH...ready to run if necessary.

Walk out of the bathroom red-faced but thankful...no poop overflow. Hallelujah!!!!!!

My life with IBS-A! But, jeez I love life.

Ouch! Been there! :o new
      #358012 - 04/25/10 08:42 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

OUCH. Those slow complete evacs are the POOPS!! *shudder* And in public, ugh!!!

I gotta tell ya, if you got away with the noise and the smell, go right now, do not hesitate and GO BUY A LOTTERY TICKET!!!

If you didn't, Dr. nelly prescribes a fluffy pillow, a dark room, a pseudonym, and the Witness Protection Program.

{{{HUGS}}}

Yours in anonymity,

~nelly~

Re: Nelly new
      #358013 - 04/25/10 08:43 AM
vettech

Reged: 06/08/08
Loc: ME

I had to laugh at this. I'm A, too and happen to be in "evac" mode today. I'll be backed up forever, and then without warning "look out, she's gonna blow!" Fortunately, I'm at home but I do have errands to run. &^#($(^!@

Thanks for the LOL! I needed it today.

--------------------
IBS-A and GERD since 1983
Low FODMAP since 2012

Re: Nelly new
      #358018 - 04/25/10 09:33 AM
Gerikat

"She's gonna blow!" teeheehee, I like that. But, ya know, as much as I hate IBS, I love life more. And my days are certainly NEVER boring. It is an adventure.

Hope you have that "blow-out" and begin to feel better. I am on antibiotics right now, so I may be right behind you.

Re: Ouch! Been there! :o new
      #358019 - 04/25/10 09:34 AM
Gerikat

Thanks doc Nelly!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 74 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6638

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review