All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Flipada ...
      #356714 - 03/15/10 04:17 AM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

Do you ever hear from Cookie / Willow? I'd hate to post her real name, but I'm sure you remember Cookie and her daughter.

She was going through some problems like my daughter had, and I was wondering if things had worked out okay for them.

Young mothers should not have such a hard time.

If you hear from her say hi for me.

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Flipada ... new
      #356731 - 03/15/10 01:15 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Hey there! I'm still lurking...

I haven't heard from her in a long, long time. I don't even think I have her email anymore. It's funny because I was just thinking about her the other day...wondering how she's doing. When's the last time you talked to her?

How are YOU doing?

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

#356737 - 03/15/10 07:07 PM
Double J

It's been a long time since I have emailed her, and the address that I had is not deliverable. I always felt a little uncomfortable emailing Willow … I know she was desperate for some positive conversation, and we had some long discussions, but a beat up old cowboy emailing a young lady … I just felt uncomfortable. It's always nice to have my sweetheart standing near, and taking part of the conversations.

If some old codger was emailing my daughter I'd probably track him, and see just what he was about.

We are doing real well … thank you. My wife still puts up with me, and I try to treat her as if she has been sent from Heaven to rescue me. (Certainly doesn't always work, but I keep trying.)

Flipada, take care of yourself and the family…hold on to them tight.

My sweetheart says "to give your family a hug". She says to go now…….

She's an angel … better listen.

If you ever happen to hear from Willow say "howdy" for me.

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

#356738 - 03/16/10 03:01 AM
Flipada

Double J, you always say you're a lucky man. And I do believe she must also be a lucky lady. I know I am. Took me a long time to figure that one out...11 years with the wrong man certainly helped me to truly appreciate my Mr. Right.

Hard to believe that when I joined here I had two young boys and was really having a hard time with the tummy and was miserable in my job. Now my boys are 14 and 11 and my daughter will be 3 in June. I'm happy, fairly healthy, and tummy is okay for the most part. I'm teaching at a new place, new age group and I love it. I'm married to a great guy...5 years in July and life is good.

You keep that lovely lady by your side. Your intuition is good...and you're absolutely right about the communication piece (outside this open forum). I know EXACTLY what you're talking about.

I don't spend much time here anymore. I don't need to. But I do think of you and my other friends that were all so helpful when I needed y'all the most.

Hugs to you and your wife!

--------------------
**Lauren**

#356760 - 03/17/10 11:28 AM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

Sorry to intrude, but very curious as to how you got so much better? Are you taking supplements like Acacia or eating anything special? Or doing anything?

Thanks.

#356773 - 03/17/10 03:05 PM
Flipada

Hi.
I'm not totally sure what did it but when I got pregnant with my now two and 1/2 year old, things got better. I assumed that would be a honeymoon of sorts since that's what I've heard. But after, I was still fine. I continue to try to stay away from my trigger foods (dairy, high fat, fried foods, too much caffeine), and I still take Miralax which helps... but I'm basically okay otherwise. There are some symptoms that I've just learned to live with. There are others that I know are unbearable and I never touch those foods anymore that cause them.

I guess I just got lucky. But I have to tell you. It was REALLY bad for quite some time. I really had trouble eating anything. I had one incident of cramping that was so intense that it lasted two days and was almost as bad as some of my labor pains have been. I used to have terrible bloating and almost constant gas. Now...not as much of either and certainly not so intense. Definitely bearable.

Luck..

--------------------
**Lauren**

#356784 - 03/18/10 06:18 AM
Cyndy

wow, that's so great! You must be thrilled!

Do you still have to follow the helpforibs diet with no meat and no egg yolks, etc? Do you take acacia or another fiber supplement or colace? I take Miralax too, once every morning....thank goodness for Miralax!! Do you usually take yours first thing in the morning or doesn't it really matter what time we take it?

I can't believe your baby is that old already! I remember reading one of your posts when you first got pregnant. What is her name?

Cyndy ... new
      #356785 - 03/18/10 08:24 AM
Double J

You did not intrude, and I just wanted to say that the way you posted was polite and kind.

Thank you for the example.

--------------------

Re: Cyndy ... new
      #356788 - 03/18/10 09:53 AM
Cyndy

awe, that is so nice of you to say! Thank you. You made me feel better for butting in! I felt "weird" and kind of rude!
Thank you.

#356800 - 03/18/10 07:10 PM
Flipada

Cyndy,
I try not to think about it too much. Too worried that if I get comfortable, it'll come back full force. I take my Miralax in the a.m. only. I do eat meat (IBS diet says no RED meat, and discourages pork because of its high fat content). I eat fish and chicken and turkey. Occasionally, I'll have some red meat. But that's only since things got better. Best not to push it. I don't have issues with eggs.

My daughter's name is Serena. She's a fun one, for sure!

--------------------
**Lauren**

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 190 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5719

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review