Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
for those who care about health or the earth
      #356058 - 02/22/10 08:01 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Join the Millions Against Monsanto Campaign. Organic Consumers
Learn more about Monsanto, genetic engineering, the hands our food supply is in and the fact that the US doesn't require GMO labeling. 90% of our soy and 60% of our corn is Monsanto's GMOs. They pretend to be interested in increasing food production and decreasing chemical usage with sustainable practices. Once you read about them you will see how evil they are. Watch the video about how their PCBs caused an entire town to get cancer and how they hid the effects for decades. It is eye opening!

I did this research to be able to advise my gardening students of where to buy safe seed from. If anyone gardens and wants that info let me know.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: for those who care about health or the earth new
      #356060 - 02/22/10 08:26 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

This stuff just makes me ill. It amazes me how little people really pay attention to what's in the food that they eat. And then they complain when they get sick all the time!! I really do think there's a correlation. Thanks for sharing this information.

LM, how are you doing with the vegan thing these days?

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#356087 - 02/23/10 03:39 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I was never able to totally convert to all veg. The problem is I can't handle a lot of the meat alternatives. Lentils, beans, and other things give me troubles. Now I am on this plan- 1 poultry meal per week, 1 completely meatless night for us both, usually 2 seafood nights and the rest are meat free for me but hub has some meat. I am trying to at least give my poultry buying dollars to organic poultry. We get eggs from a lady with pet chickens, but I eat nothing with egg in it if I can help it. I wish I could have done better!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#356183 - 02/26/10 03:20 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

You are doing WAY better than most people!!! People just don't understand the impact they can have on the earth if they don't eat meat for even ONE day a week. So good for you, and I hope you can stick with it! Have you tried taking digestive enzymes with the fake meats? I find that 2 GasStops really do the trick for me. It's gotten to the point where I sometimes make DH take them too

It's also amazing how HIS body reacts when he, on a rare occasion, will eat dairy or meat (we cook entirely vegan at home). It's like his body revolts with all sorts of nasty smells!!!!!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 422 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2648

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review