All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
345am
      #355990 - 02/20/10 12:50 AM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

Up late with cramps that come and go. Grrrr. I had such a stressful week on so many different levels. Sometimes I weather the stress just fine, other times not so much. I think I'm one of those people who are only helped minimally by Heather's diet. I still follow it but for me I think it only has made a dent, rather than being a cure. I never felt "stable" even during the several years that I followed it really strictly. I think there's such a strong emotional component and anxiety component for me that the diet isn't enough to unravel it. I think the therapy I've done over the past year has brought me more freedom from IBS than the diet changes ever did. As for tonight, I'm going to drink more tea and try again to sleep, wish me luck....

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: 345am new
      #355992 - 02/20/10 07:21 AM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

I so agree with your post!!!!!!

#356003 - 02/21/10 12:59 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Yes, I think IBS varies for all of us. It seems like for some of us it's 90% food and 10% stress while for others it's 10% food and 90% stress. And of course others of us fall in between the two extremes.

Just out of curiosity, Hawkeye, have you tried the hypnosis program? If so, did it help any?

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#356010 - 02/21/10 05:56 PM
glasgowgirl

Reged: 09/01/08
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

For me it's 90% food and 10% stress at least for me. Though it's emotional stress that can mess me up rather being busy at work stress or cursed olympic crowds. Strangely when I'm busy at work I often feel better - I just need to remember to eat and do radical things like leave my desk and go outside.

--------------------
Stable IBS D

#356011 - 02/21/10 07:14 PM
hawkeye

Hi Sand,

I did the hypno program 3 times! 300 days! I still use the imagery from the second session with using a pedal for slowing down a spinning wheel to calm myself down when I'm not feeling well. Its helpful but wasn't a dramatic cure for me. It didn't really address the anxiety I had directly enough. Hmm, as I write this I'm thinking that maybe now that the panic side of things is lessening for me it would help me more! I think I'll listen to one of the sessions tonight when I go to sleep.

--------------------

#356012 - 02/21/10 07:16 PM
hawkeye

I'm the same in one way at least, I almost always feel fine when I'm working. Its always before or after that I'm at my worst. Good luck with the cursed olympic crowds! I've never made it to Vancouver before, it looks beautiful on TV this week.

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 273 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3139

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review