All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Reflection
      #355797 - 02/14/10 05:17 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

I've been doing a lot of reflecting this weekend. I can't do much else. My Chiari had me in the hospital again yesterday so today is a rest, rest, and only rest day. And about 4 naps in the middle.

I'm reflecting on how lucky I truly am. I got the most wonderful valentine's card from my dear husband - and it had the most beautiful message. It brought me to tears knowing how lucky I am to be his wife. Without him I couldn't make it through days like yesterday. Even though he hates taking me to the hospital he does. And he stays until the dr. sees me. He's very often my advocate because so many times I can't physically express what is going on because the pain is so bad. Yesterday was the worst yet - 8.5 / 10. At 9 I begin to lose consciousness - just to give you an idea.... Where was I... sorry I ramble on.

Reflections on how lucky I am. My DH was called into work this afternoon. So I finally sat down and watched My Sister's Keeper. I cried a dozen times or more. But it reminded me of how lucky I am. I'm sick, but not that sick. I have my husband and family to support me. I don't take anything from my family but they all give willingly of the love, time and compassion. I will have my surgery in April or May and I will recover and I will get my quality of life back. It was a great movie to make me realize just how much I have to be truly thankful for.

Sometimes I believe it is important to realize how ill you are, but how well you are in perspective. We all battle daily with our own issues. But when you reflect on it I hope you realize, as I do, how fortunate we truly are.

Big hugs to all my dear friends here.

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Reflection new
      #355801 - 02/14/10 10:10 PM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

Hey Cassandra,

What an amazing post. I'm here, 1am, trying rise above my own current discomforts. First of all, what I'm feeling pales in comparison to your current issue, and then to hear you putting your own health in perspective that way is truly inspiring.
Hang in there - you've made it though so much to get to this point - a few months may seem a long time to wait, but in the long-view of all you've endured with this, there's really just a short time to go before you get the surgery and will finally begin feeling some relief.
Until then, (since I'm far from the praying type) there happens to be a great song I'll be singing for some long distance support for a friend!!!

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Petite sœur ... Je t'aime. -nt- new
      #355807 - 02/15/10 12:18 AM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

Merci beaucoup mon ami. - nt - new
      #355815 - 02/15/10 09:29 AM
Toady

--------------------
Cassandra

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#355829 - 02/15/10 12:21 PM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Sending love your way!!
Rest and take care!!
maybe you'll get bumped up on the waiting list!!

fingers crossed.

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#355848 - 02/15/10 03:32 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Every time I read your posts, you put things in perspective for me. I was feeling sorry for myself yesterday because I wasn't feeling that great, but you just slapped me (wake-up!), into realizing what a truly wonderful life I have. Thanks!

Get well, Toady, you seem like a wonderful person.

#355852 - 02/15/10 04:12 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Cassandra,

You are an inspiration on how life should be lived. You are in such pain yet you carry on every day and still see the positive in your life. Reading your post certainly helped me to look at the good things in life and let go of the bad.

I hope and pray that your will be pain free soon. I am sending you lots of hugs, thoughts and prayers.

--------------------
Janey

#355854 - 02/15/10 04:15 PM
Toady

Thanks Hawk.

Is it a song I know well

hope you had a better day today.

--------------------
Cassandra

#355860 - 02/15/10 07:51 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Thanks for that post, Casandra. While what I'm going through (non-IBS) pales in comparison to your problems, I have to admit I was in a depressed funk for almost the entire month of January. But you are right; we need to be thankful for what we do have. And I do believe that all the crap we go through makes us stronger.

I can't wait to see that movie - I read the book and it had me in tears. Read it - I hear the ending in the movie is nothing like the book (very unfortunate), and the book was amazing!

Good luck to you, I hope your surgery date gets here soon! Hugs to you!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 476 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4076

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review