All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
It's about doing homework and not attacking others off the cuff... new
      #355692 - 02/12/10 02:40 PM
Windchimes

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Northern California

... some people think everything is funny and make mean remarks. This is not kind nor helpful for those who are hurting. Would you like to be laughed at if you made an honest remark or asked a sincere question? I doubt it.

If the original poster is laughing at themselves, then feel to laugh WITH them. If not, don't laugh AT them! Doing such is mean spirited and hurts people. That is not what we are here for.

Simple answer, and do be respectful of other people's needs.

--------------------
Senior female, IBS-D, presently stable thanks to Heather & Staff

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

So why don't YOU stop reading these posts and move on? -nt- new
      #355694 - 02/12/10 02:49 PM
Windchimes

--------------------

For you information (FYI), NONE of my posts have been removed by anyone except ME... new
      #355697 - 02/12/10 03:06 PM
Windchimes

... When posts start becoming ship wrecked or train wrecked, it's time to stop the WAR!!! Not supportive to anyone attempting to learn and be supportive. Pure and simple.

This is not a playground!

--------------------

No, it's really not new
      #355702 - 02/12/10 05:39 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

That isn't really responsive to what I said. You're accusing people of laughing at someone who is suffering but your original post didn't talk about anyone suffering. It was just a general comment about the possible consequences of an injured tailbone. And the people who were laughing weren't laughing at you or at someone"s suffering. They were laughing at the word itself or possibly because someone asked what a coccyx is and they were laughing at themselves because they wanted to ask the same thing and didn't. And after a while I suspect some people were laughing because they wanted to show solidarity with other posters they consider friends who were being lectured by you. Which is why I'm in the middle of this mess.

I have to echo DoubleJ here, Windchimes. You have the potential to be a real asset to these Boards. You're knowledgeable, you want to help, you're generous with your time. But you are so sure you know how everyone else should act that you're alienating the very people you could be helping.

There are always going to be people on these Boards you can't stand; goodness knows there are people on these Boards I can't stand. But you'll make yourself and everyone else here crazy if you can't learn to just ignore them. You can't be a policeman on these Boards. I know, I've tried. A statement like this:

Quote:

If the original poster is laughing at themselves, then feel to laugh WITH them. If not, don't laugh AT them!

isn't going to accomplish a thing except to make everyone who reads it say, "You can't tell me what to do." And you can't. But if you said, "It hurts my feelings when I feel like people here are laughing at me" you might be surprised to find that most people truly want to be kind.

We're all different, Windchimes. Some of us are comfortable with Greek words and dictionaries; some of us aren't. Some of us are young; some aren't. Some of us giggle in the back of the room no matter what's being talked about; some of us sit in the front row, pay strict attention, and never crack a smile. It doesn't make some of us valuable and and some of us not. It just makes us different.

Cut us all some slack, Windchimes. We're mostly decent people around here.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: No, it's really not new
      #355705 - 02/12/10 06:31 PM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

Oh Sand, you always write everything I want to write. Very well written.
Windchimes, I don't have any other advice other than to take Sand's advice to heart. Please.
With that said, my days on these boards are nearing the end. I've been lurking mostly for a few months and with this drama, I prefer to stay that way. I just had to tell Sand that she wrote a beautiful, eloquent, and heartfelt post.

--------------------
IBS-A

Aly new
      #355706 - 02/12/10 06:41 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

You will be missed but I do understand. I am feeling the same way myself.

Good luck!

--------------------
Janey

Sand new
      #355707 - 02/12/10 06:42 PM
Janey

It is so nice to see you here in the Living Room. I sure have missed your posts and words of wisdom.

--------------------
Janey

The Living Room new
      #355710 - 02/12/10 06:50 PM
Janey

should be a place where we can come and laugh, be silly, discuss movies, music, tv shows or books and anything else that does not have to do with IBS. We all need a break from discussing and thinking about IBS. We live it every day and sometimes it is nice to be able to forget it for awhile.

Let's lighten up and try to discuss non IBS topics in the living room. Believe it or not it does help to take our minds off of our health and bathroom issues.

--------------------
Janey

Re: The Living Room new
      #355711 - 02/12/10 06:55 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Well, wait a minute. What does the coccyx have to do with IBS? Is there a connection?

I say we take all medical out of the LR, and make it about anything but medical issues. How bout it, everyone?

Sand new
      #355713 - 02/12/10 07:07 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

I believe Windchimes was referring to Angela E. being in much pain from a broken coccyx. Angela's post is down at the bottom of the thread. She replied to Windchime's original post on 2/10. Even though nothing was mentioned in Windchime's original post about pain, I think it was all about Angela's post/pain. Windchimes, correct me if I am wrong.

I believe Windchimes felt that several were making light of Angela's pain. Whether that was the case or not, I am only giving my take on the situation.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 54 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 41203

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review