All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
How to fly with IBS (Leaving tomorrow - need advice)
      #355269 - 02/04/10 06:02 PM
Megan29

Reged: 02/22/09

First of all, if this is the wrong room, I apologize. Didn't know where to put this. I am flying back East for my granddad's funeral... talk about two weeks of complete stress and anxiety. Any recommendations for what to bring to survive 12 hours each way of flying and running through airports?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: How to fly with IBS (Leaving tomorrow - need advice) new
      #355271 - 02/04/10 06:11 PM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

First of all I'm sorry to hear about your Granddad. I would bring - clif bars, lara bars and any other reliably easy to digest food that can make it thru security. It should be comfort-food for you, something you're used to having and feel you can always eat safely.
Immodium tablets if you're ibs-d. My ibs often acts up with the stress of flying. a few great escapist books and mags, you can always buy these at the airport if necessary. I often bring serious reading on the plane and then don't want to touch it - I end up doing the crossword and reading the dopey articles in the in-flight magazine! I bring my ipod and listen to music or a guided meditation too.
Like anything, the best thing is to try not to stress too much on the trip - do some simple preparations to stay comfortable like these and then just do it!

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

#355272 - 02/04/10 06:13 PM
Windchimes

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Northern California

You might try taking along some rice cakes and french or sourdough bread to snack on in your carry on baggage. Airline food isn't the best, though you need to keep some SF in your tummy at all times to easily tolerate it while in the air.

--------------------
Senior female, IBS-D, presently stable thanks to Heather & Staff

#355273 - 02/04/10 06:57 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Please check with your airline, as I see you are leaving tomorrow, and folks on the east coast are getting hit with another blizzard, tomorrow. I don't know what time you are flying in, but I am in MD, and it is due to hit by noon.

Now to your question. I take plenty of bread, crackers, some fruits, anything that comforts me. I also take a relaxation tape, my iPod, and a good book.

Wishing you a safe trip, even though an unpleasant one.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 262 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2639

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review