All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Hi y'all!
      #354251 - 01/08/10 11:29 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

How is everyone doing in here? I miss everyone and posting!

I wanted to give everyone an update. I have been moved out of my office to a new position at work which prevents me from being on the internet all day, so that is why I haven't been on here in a while.

Marriage is absolutely wonderful! We are so happy and so in love! It's only been 7 months, but it feels like we just got married yesterday.

We just moved into a new house right before Christmas. So, holidays, moving, work, all stressed me out so much! But, I got through it.

Not too many tummy troubles lately. Just the occasional bloating and flatulence. Most of the pain is subsiding or not appearing at all.,,, except.........

I find that when I sit for long periods of time, like when I'm deer hunting and sitting for 4-5 hours at a time, really put a damper on my stomach. This is the only time I cramp up, anymore. I have realized that Heather's diet is the ONLY thing that will ever keep me half-ass normal. Acacia tummy fiber is the best thing that ever happened to me. I have incorporated more and more foods into my diet that I couldn't once tolerate.

I don't want to say that I'm "stable," but I'm definitely working towards stability.

People still don't understand sometimes why I can't eat what I can't eat. Or they say, "oh you can have a little." But, NO I can't just have a little. It's still bad for me.

My parent-in-laws still drive me crazy, but that's neither here nor there. Just venting a little bit.

I hope I hear back from y'all. I would love to hear how everyone is doing. Any advice on anything would be great!

Hugs & Love
Kappy

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hi y'all! new
      #354253 - 01/08/10 11:40 AM

Unregistered

omg get on here more. Well I made lots of new year's resolutions and the top one is getting stable. It hasn't worked too well. Yesterday I was pretty hungry and I was chopping things up to cook a ibs safe recipe but my mom had pizza in the oven and It smelled good,but then it was sitting there fresh from the oven right in front of my face. I enede dup eating a piece and regret it.

I really understand what its like. My mom offered me a cook with alcohol. I said "are u trying to kill me" I've told you so many times I can't have pop or alcohol. She said oh,like she knew but she wanted me to give in and have a drink with her.

I have been making dietary changes,although I randomly give in. I have a new favorite food I just started eating,black berries. They taste so good. I wonder if they are easy on ibs? I only eat them blended in a smoothie or they syrup I made on the stove I boiled them in sugar and water. They didn't melt though..but I spread them and mashed them on top of ibs safe pancakes.

#354255 - 01/08/10 11:49 AM
Kappy

Aw man, aperson! Blackberries are so good. And, yes, they can be ok for IBS if you eat the IBS friendly SF pancakes or in IBS friendly foods. Cooked, pureed, mashed, are best. The more you can't tell what it is the better .

Keep trying with your resolution! If you keep saying it over and over in your head, you can do it. Not only repeat it to yourself, but WRITE IT DOWN!!! Attach it to your purse, your shirt, your steering wheel or refridgerator, and everytime you look at that piece of paper, it'll remind you!!! Keep trying! I know you can do better this year!

Are you still working at McDonald's? How's the boyfriend?

Good to hear from you!

--------------------

#354257 - 01/08/10 11:52 AM

Unregistered

yes I still work there and my boyfriend is good. I just wish there was more business there,its so cold and bad weather I get sent home early and my paycheck gets so small.

#354259 - 01/08/10 12:01 PM
Kappy

Oooh! That's no good! It's so cold here too, and I think it's like this all over the country. Have you tried anymore to look for another job or a second job? The job market is little to none right now, so I understand if you can't find anything! But, in my opinion, you should keep your job no matter how little you get to work if you can tolerate it, that's for sure! Job Security, Baby!

I hope everything turns around for you soon. I will keep you in my prayers for a better year, health wise, work wise, and family wise! 2010 is going to be the beginning of a better decade, hopefully!

--------------------

#354260 - 01/08/10 12:03 PM

Unregistered

do u have a problem with potatoes in your stool? i don't understand why I get clumps of potatos.

#354280 - 01/08/10 02:00 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Hi ya Kappy, glad to hear you are doing well! You are probably doing better because you aren't here.

Glad to hear marriage agrees with you and congrats on the new home.

Take care and hope you stop in once in a while.

#354291 - 01/08/10 03:07 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Hi Kappy,

I am very happy to hear that you are doing well and happy. We miss you!

--------------------
Janey

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1687 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6790

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review