All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
You know ... I'm just about done with this site........
      #353944 - 01/04/10 08:04 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: You know ... I'm just about done with this site........ new
      #353946 - 01/04/10 09:14 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

What's going on Double J? I would hate to see you leave the boards. You always have good advice and insight to offer. Is it something that can be worked out or are you feeling better and you don't need to be here anymore?

--------------------
Janey

Re: You know ... I'm just about done with this site........ new
      #353949 - 01/04/10 09:34 PM

Unregistered

I feel like that but there is just to much good info on here and my ibs is terrible right now. Maybe I'm saying I'm done getting personal with ppl? not that I would mind talking about for example a book with someone and getting into what I did and didn't like,ect. If I have a bad day at work or a problem at home,ect. I will not share with anyone.

Edited by aperson (01/04/10 09:43 PM)

Aperson ... what a good name that is!!! new
      #353954 - 01/05/10 12:58 AM
Double J

Aperson … little sister … I have always enjoyed your posts. I know that at 22 life is hard. My youngest son is 22 and staying at home for awhile. He managed to get himself into a little trouble. Anyway … he is really hard to live with. Aperson, if I could tell you one thing it would be to show love to your parents. Especially your mother. Remember that you are living at home because they allow you to … not because they have to let you be there. My son was without a home for awhile. It's tough out there. I love you little sister…be kind.

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

Janey ... new
      #353955 - 01/05/10 01:07 AM
Double J

Because of Heather and her work on this site I am healthy, and unless I cheat I am stable. I can live with ibs and enjoy life with my wife and family. There are many here that have been a blessing to me … Heather, yourself, Toady, Little Minnie, Sand, Syl, Lisa Marie, GaGa, Shawneric, Flipada. And do you remember Shannon, Atomic Rose, and Johnny T. Reb? And I have always enjoyed Hawkeye's and Nelly's posts. They make you feel as if you're not alone, and bring a smile to your face.

Anyway I am rambling…

Since I've been back from overseas I have had a hard time with those who believe that they have all the answers to life's problems when they never have seen the vilest side of humanity.

One of my failings is that I can't tolerate those who think they are superior to others, and let all know that they think they are better … those who speak in innuendos, and believe that they have the only answers.

I am one of the lucky few who came home from SE Asia, angry-mean, but somewhat whole and found my Savior, and a good woman who has loved me with all my faults, and has over the years made me a better person. I am blessed.

So with all that said … if I don't take a leave of absence from these boards I will eventually post something that I will regret. I will say something that will be hurtful, and I will disappoint my wife, and my Lord.

Your "please stop" post brought it to my attention. And don't feel bad about that … I know it wasn't directed towards me, but it reminded me who I should be, and how I should act. And I am almost passed my limit of pleasantries. So I do thank you for reminding me that I need to kind. Oh, Bless you for that!

doublej

--------------------

Re: Janey ...Very well said... n/t new
      #353958 - 01/05/10 02:22 AM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

Double J new
      #353959 - 01/05/10 03:20 AM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Ah yes, the good ole gang. I DO remember. I miss Atomic Rose. Remember, she left because of the same unpleasantries. I left mainly because I was feeling better and was able to continue unsupported but also because there are some on here that get advice, don't follow it and then seek sympathy (over and over and over) and my tolerance for that is low. Double J, I've ALWAYS enjoyed your posts. You're a good guy and your wife is lucky. I know you'll be thinking how lucky YOU are but that's one of the reasons you're as great as you are. It would be a shame for the rest if you left since you have been a good stable ground for some. But I understand a good break. I am not as patient, nor as kind, as you are so I find it's better to lurk, keep my mouth shut and only post when absolutely necessary or to pop in and say "hi" once in awhile. Sure hope you can change your mind.
HUGS TO YOU!!

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

Double J new
      #353960 - 01/05/10 06:46 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

I understand completely what you are saying. I have gone through times in the past when I have had to take a break. I think that is normal and many have felt the same way.

I hate to keep bringing up the past but members of the boards now have no idea how special it was here. I really miss many of the people that used to post here, Atomic Rose, Bevvy, Barb, Sarah-Sage and Tommy, Shell, Nelly, Jen X, LauraSue, Flipida, I could go on and on.

What I have a hard time understanding is that we are here to help each other and I don't know why some people find pleasure in starting arguments or debates and always feel like they have to come across as being right. I know exactly what you are saying here.

My post was not directed to you but it is funny that those it was directed to have nothing to say about it. I guess some people thrive on drama and fighting. I personally am not one of those people.

I hope at some point you will find your way back here because your life experiences and caring advice will be missed. No pressure here, You are a very special person and I agree that your wife is a very lucky woman.

God Bless,

--------------------
Janey

aperson new
      #353961 - 01/05/10 07:23 AM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Yes, best to keep the personal stuff...personal!

Speaking of books, did you read the book, "The Lovely Bones"? I saw they have made the movie and it will be out in about 2 weeks.

Re: Double J
      #353963 - 01/05/10 08:20 AM

Unregistered

I don't like argugments and debates on here. I don't think I start those,does anyone think I'm one of the ppl that do that?

no I never read lovely bones,never heard of it,I read the house of night books though.

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 127 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 14611

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review