All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
You know ... I'm just about done with this site........
      #353944 - 01/04/10 08:04 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: You know ... I'm just about done with this site........ new
      #353946 - 01/04/10 09:14 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

What's going on Double J? I would hate to see you leave the boards. You always have good advice and insight to offer. Is it something that can be worked out or are you feeling better and you don't need to be here anymore?

--------------------
Janey

#353949 - 01/04/10 09:34 PM

Unregistered

I feel like that but there is just to much good info on here and my ibs is terrible right now. Maybe I'm saying I'm done getting personal with ppl? not that I would mind talking about for example a book with someone and getting into what I did and didn't like,ect. If I have a bad day at work or a problem at home,ect. I will not share with anyone.

Edited by aperson (01/04/10 09:43 PM)

Aperson ... what a good name that is!!! new
      #353954 - 01/05/10 12:58 AM
Double J

Aperson … little sister … I have always enjoyed your posts. I know that at 22 life is hard. My youngest son is 22 and staying at home for awhile. He managed to get himself into a little trouble. Anyway … he is really hard to live with. Aperson, if I could tell you one thing it would be to show love to your parents. Especially your mother. Remember that you are living at home because they allow you to … not because they have to let you be there. My son was without a home for awhile. It's tough out there. I love you little sister…be kind.

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

Janey ... new
      #353955 - 01/05/10 01:07 AM
Double J

Because of Heather and her work on this site I am healthy, and unless I cheat I am stable. I can live with ibs and enjoy life with my wife and family. There are many here that have been a blessing to me … Heather, yourself, Toady, Little Minnie, Sand, Syl, Lisa Marie, GaGa, Shawneric, Flipada. And do you remember Shannon, Atomic Rose, and Johnny T. Reb? And I have always enjoyed Hawkeye's and Nelly's posts. They make you feel as if you're not alone, and bring a smile to your face.

Anyway I am rambling…

Since I've been back from overseas I have had a hard time with those who believe that they have all the answers to life's problems when they never have seen the vilest side of humanity.

One of my failings is that I can't tolerate those who think they are superior to others, and let all know that they think they are better … those who speak in innuendos, and believe that they have the only answers.

I am one of the lucky few who came home from SE Asia, angry-mean, but somewhat whole and found my Savior, and a good woman who has loved me with all my faults, and has over the years made me a better person. I am blessed.

So with all that said … if I don't take a leave of absence from these boards I will eventually post something that I will regret. I will say something that will be hurtful, and I will disappoint my wife, and my Lord.

Your "please stop" post brought it to my attention. And don't feel bad about that … I know it wasn't directed towards me, but it reminded me who I should be, and how I should act. And I am almost passed my limit of pleasantries. So I do thank you for reminding me that I need to kind. Oh, Bless you for that!

doublej

--------------------

Re: Janey ...Very well said... n/t new
      #353958 - 01/05/10 02:22 AM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

Double J new
      #353959 - 01/05/10 03:20 AM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

Ah yes, the good ole gang. I DO remember. I miss Atomic Rose. Remember, she left because of the same unpleasantries. I left mainly because I was feeling better and was able to continue unsupported but also because there are some on here that get advice, don't follow it and then seek sympathy (over and over and over) and my tolerance for that is low. Double J, I've ALWAYS enjoyed your posts. You're a good guy and your wife is lucky. I know you'll be thinking how lucky YOU are but that's one of the reasons you're as great as you are. It would be a shame for the rest if you left since you have been a good stable ground for some. But I understand a good break. I am not as patient, nor as kind, as you are so I find it's better to lurk, keep my mouth shut and only post when absolutely necessary or to pop in and say "hi" once in awhile. Sure hope you can change your mind.
HUGS TO YOU!!

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

Double J new
      #353960 - 01/05/10 06:46 AM
Janey

I understand completely what you are saying. I have gone through times in the past when I have had to take a break. I think that is normal and many have felt the same way.

I hate to keep bringing up the past but members of the boards now have no idea how special it was here. I really miss many of the people that used to post here, Atomic Rose, Bevvy, Barb, Sarah-Sage and Tommy, Shell, Nelly, Jen X, LauraSue, Flipida, I could go on and on.

What I have a hard time understanding is that we are here to help each other and I don't know why some people find pleasure in starting arguments or debates and always feel like they have to come across as being right. I know exactly what you are saying here.

My post was not directed to you but it is funny that those it was directed to have nothing to say about it. I guess some people thrive on drama and fighting. I personally am not one of those people.

I hope at some point you will find your way back here because your life experiences and caring advice will be missed. No pressure here, You are a very special person and I agree that your wife is a very lucky woman.

God Bless,

--------------------
Janey

aperson new
      #353961 - 01/05/10 07:23 AM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Yes, best to keep the personal stuff...personal!

Speaking of books, did you read the book, "The Lovely Bones"? I saw they have made the movie and it will be out in about 2 weeks.

Re: Double J new
      #353963 - 01/05/10 08:20 AM

Unregistered

I don't like argugments and debates on here. I don't think I start those,does anyone think I'm one of the ppl that do that?

no I never read lovely bones,never heard of it,I read the house of night books though.

aperson new
      #353970 - 01/05/10 08:52 AM
Janey

I don't think you started any arguments. The other day you did the right thing by saying that the posts were causing you stress and you didn't want to talk about the topic anymore. The best thing to do to avoid the arguing is to not reply to a post that you think may cause you more stress.

I hope you are feeling better.

--------------------
Janey

Re: aperson new
      #353972 - 01/05/10 09:01 AM

Unregistered

well I posted how I'm doing,the title was "will this go away" or something like that.

http://www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=diet&Number=353964&page=1&view=expanded&sb=5&o=&fpart=

Edited by aperson (01/05/10 09:10 AM)

Thanks Double J new
      #354055 - 01/05/10 07:53 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Thanks for the compliment, and right back at you!!

I chose to leave for a while too when I was really stable but I wander back in stints now and again when I falter or when I just need to "see" some friendly faces.

Whatever you decide, I'm still here!! Or, I'm here some of the time anyways!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#354082 - 01/06/10 07:33 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I'm not around much, Double J, but when I do check in I'm always happy to see something from you. So for purely selfish reasons I'd hate to see you go.

Having said that, though, I think moving on is natural. Part of the reason we all want to get over IBS is to do other things with our lives and it's certainly nice not to have to worry about our IBS constantly. The Living Room can be - has been - a source of support for non-IBS issues but if it becomes more stressful than helpful it's kind of counter-productive.

If you do leave, Double J, I hope you'll touch base from time to time. My email is in my profile.

And that goes for any of the other old-timers, too. I'd enjoy hearing from you occasionally, not to discuss IBS but just to say, "Hi. How are you doing? I'm fine." You were with me during a horrible time in my life and your help was invaluable.

Take care everyone.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

The Lovely Bones... new
      #354393 - 01/10/10 07:30 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

LOVED this book!!! I cannot wait to see the movie!!!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Re: Janey ... new
      #354394 - 01/10/10 07:33 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Aww... thanks, Double J. It means a lot to me to know that I have helped make a little bit of a difference. I always enjoy your posts, and would hate to see you leave permanently! But I do understand the need to "step away" from time to time. Do what feels right, but please drop by and visit once in awhile!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Re: The Lovely Bones... new
      #354395 - 01/10/10 08:12 PM
Gerikat

Hi Lisa, yes I really enjoyed it too. It opens on Friday, I believe. I am thinking about a matinee. I hope the movie does the book justice.

Double J new
      #354720 - 01/20/10 06:27 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Thanks for the shout out, Double J! I am trapped in Oak Ridge in Tennessee at mo, by myself in a semi-dark, locked business center in a small hotel, having bad IBS and generally feeling sorry for myself. Then drama on the boards!! What did I miss?? I want in! (Bad Nelly.)

It's good to have a community of diverse people with ONE thing that unites us, a debilitating, embarrassing, painful, shameful, lonely condition that separates us from "normals" and binds us together like a tribe of struggling, hopeful, scared sufferers against the world of doctors who "don't get it," co-workers and friends with eyes full of pity, and unbelieving family members...

I get all you guys, the ones at the beginning, the ones at the end of their journey, and all of us in between. It seems I've been everyone!!

Without each other, we're suffering ignorants, turned inward, full of desperation, pain and quivering hopeless rage. Well, OK, maybe just hurt people with questions.

I too hate the [insert group here]. Those bastards! But I have great affection for you. I don't read some people's posts. I'm headstrong and easily rattled into a fight. Bad Nelly.

Thanks for airing this. You're one smart IBS-er and I'd hate to some day stop reading your posts because you're not there.

~nelly~

Nelly new
      #354735 - 01/21/10 10:03 AM
Janey

I miss your posts. You always bring such a great sense of humor to the Living Room.

I hope things are getting better for you IBS wise and that you get out of the hotel!

--------------------
Janey

Re: Double J new
      #354736 - 01/21/10 10:04 AM
Gerikat

You're hilarious!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 537 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 14611

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review