All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Who "fell off the wagon" this holiday?
      #353432 - 12/24/09 02:40 PM

Unregistered

I really have no excuse I didn't fall off the wagon on thanksgiving. I think there was triple the amount of temptation...Pmsing right now and I kept resisting what I couldn't have then gave in,my boyfriend is gone for a week,and I haven't went on a date since last monday night and won't get to until thrusday night or friday night next week ,my mom also forgot to set aside mashed potatoes for me because she puts dairy in the ones she makes..my dad heard me pouring cereal and said "we have no milk" I snapped and said "dad you know I can't have dairy,don't you see this rice milk and soy milk in the fridge?!" so I ended up just giving into everything,her mashed potatoes,gravy who knows what was in that..4 of those soft frosted sugar cookies from wal mart..some dorritos,yesterday it was some no no cookies,a symphony candy bar,a double cheese and 2 nuggest. I am fully ashamed of myself. I feel by sharing this I am being honest latly felt like I was lying to my boyfriend nad my parents sneaking around eating all this no no food when they weren't looking. Feel so guilty when my dad sees I opened the doritos he was taking to the relative gathering out of town, and all I was thinking was there's 4 more bags of chips and maybe it will cause me to have a spasms and get some out of me cuz I can't go..There I let it all out,plz I realize what i've done don't get mad and I'm sorry,wonder if anyone else gave in to temptation.Let me tell you I feel sick and shaky,whatever u have to do even if its slap yourself,don't give in!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Not me! new
      #353435 - 12/24/09 05:35 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

There are things you learn year after year of managing ibs. Well, at least I have. Don't eat it if you don't want to suffer. My m-i-l makes her stuffing with pork, so I don't eat it - never in 12 years. My s-i-l makes gravy with cream - had it once, by accident as I didn't know about the cream - since then, never again. My grandma and mum use bacon in our sweet and sour cabbage, but before they add it they set aside a dish for me. I've spent too many holidays hiding in the bathroom, not to mention non-holidays spent there too. If necessary, I set my own food out for me and then I know it is safe. And when I make the potatoes or the dessert or whatever, it's safe and the rest of the family never complains.

Do yourself a favour and stop cheating now. You can't get stable if you continue to hurt yourself.

Hope you have a Merry Christmas.

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Re: Not me! new
      #353439 - 12/24/09 08:08 PM

Unregistered

IT STOPS NOW! The only things I ate the last 3 days were all unsafe foods!! I'm "happy" I'm off work tommorow! my goodness what came over me!

#353441 - 12/25/09 04:52 AM
Windchimes

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Northern California

Merry Christmas "aperson"! We are all a person, so how about starting with giving yourself a REAL first name in your bio? You might feel better just by having a 'self' as opposed to simply being a person (i.e. just another person with no personal self-identity).

Your mantra is:

Quote:

One should eat to live, not live to eat.

This is truth working in reality. We all need to be well prepared when we KNOW there is going to be unsafe food put before our eyes. You weren't prepared to simply say "NO" to the unsafe foods.

Have you ever considered making a nice IBS-safe meal for your Mom, Dad, and Sister and eating together for a change? You could start out with a simple uncomplicated casserole with a safe veggie on the side. I think they would enjoy having you cook for them and introducing them to a better way of eating, IBS or not. Doing so would also increase the 'family bonding' and perhaps begin to put a stop to the family hostility that you have described in the past.

Again, Merry Christmas to you! Today is a new day and you can begin again no longer derailed and back on track.

--------------------
Senior female, IBS-D, presently stable thanks to Heather & Staff

#353442 - 12/25/09 05:18 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Aperson,

It isn't etiquette for someone on the board to ask you to give your real name. The Internet and social networking sites in particular are places where revealing ones real identity should be done with caution and careful consideration.

I find the name 'aperson' to be a clever personal identity. To me it says I am not just 'any person' I am aperson. Neat! I hope you stick with it.

Merry Xmas

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Syl, You misunderstood... *DELETED* new
      #353443 - 12/25/09 05:32 AM
Windchimes

Post deleted by Windchimes

--------------------

Re: Syl, You misunderstood... new
      #353444 - 12/25/09 06:14 AM
Syl

Windhchimes,

I understand the nature of your posting. It isn't etiquette to ask someone to change their screen name (or even the name in the bio) to a real or REAL name. And it is presumptive to draw psychological implications from the screen name an individual uses. To me the screen name 'aperson' is one of cleverest screen names I have encountered. And to me it says 'I am not just any person' but 'I am a person'. The psychological implication of this are quite different than the one you seem to have drawn.

I hope you have a wonderful Xmas day

--------------------

Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach

Your tone sounds angry *DELETED* new
      #353445 - 12/25/09 06:56 AM
Windchimes

--------------------

Origin of Xmas new
      #353446 - 12/25/09 07:19 AM
Syl

No disrespect meant.

"Xmas " and "X-mas" are common abbreviations of the word "Christmas". There are variants such as "Xtemass". The "-mas" part came from the Latin-derived Old English word for "mass". The "X" in Xmas is from the Greek letter Chi, which is the first letter of Christ in Greek.

Xmas has been used for hundreds of years in religious writing, where the X represents a Greek chi, the first letter of "Christ." In this use it is parallel to other forms like Xtian, "Christian." But people unaware of the Greek origin of this X often mistakenly interpret Xmas as an informal shortening.

Merry Xmas from another senior

--------------------

#353449 - 12/25/09 10:56 AM

Unregistered

I cook all the time and offer it to everyone. The only person in this house that will touch some of my food is my mom. There is a guy at work that eats everything I cook,So I bring him a dish of food Last time not only him but another guy was drooling over the food he saw I brought.

#353451 - 12/25/09 11:06 AM

Unregistered

ok well maybe I should explain my name. I couldn't think of anything else,I'm not very creative,instead of someone I was just like a person,I think it's kinda lame. Maybe I will come oup with another name sometime,but I'm not going to sit around and think right now.

Also,I'm eating a plain potato and fat free saltines..Everything Is mushy and I'm afraid with all I've eaten the next too weeks will be hard on me. Should I just take less than half an imodium so it firms things up? Or would that be a chance it could constipate me or perhaps make it so I don't go for a day or 2? I wonder if it's ok to eat some of the recipes I made don't want them to go to waste because I screwed up my diet and now I'm so sensitive..I made the chicken crock pot stew,perhaps if I put that over a potato even though there are potatoes in it,or perhaps white minute rice? I do have some penne pasta cooked in the fridge..put some on that? or perhaps the "cream" of spinach I made it is pureed in the blender,its chicken broth,a little olive oil,garlic(used spice world organic,the one in the jar that is tiny dots) cauliflower,spinach,dijon mustard with thyme all pureed in a blender. I did post the recipe a few days ago..

Aperson - don't change your name ... new
      #353458 - 12/25/09 06:55 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

There is only one "Aperson" on this site, and sister that is you. You are unique to us here, and we love you.

God bless you.

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

Syl ... Re: Origin of Xmas new
      #353461 - 12/25/09 07:11 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

I have been a strong active Christian member in the church that I attend for over 30 years and your use of "Xmas" I never use, and I feel that we have lost something when we (we) shorten Christmas to Xmas.

But this I KNOW: If you and I were to meet Jesus Christ in the flesh tomorrow He would put his arms around each of us and love us equally.

Merry Christmas!

P.S. Thanks for your posts. Doublej

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

Re: Aperson - don't change your name ... new
      #353462 - 12/25/09 08:19 PM

Unregistered

I feel so loved on here. didn't think people on here thought I was so unique.

Actually If I see or think of something I really like,maybe I will change my name..Do you know the song problem girl by rob thomas? how about problemgirl?

Edited by aperson (12/26/09 07:31 AM)

Re: Origin of Xmas new
      #353463 - 12/25/09 11:09 PM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

Syl, thank you so much for the explanation! About 10 minutes after I read your post my sister asked me (out of the blue) why Christmas is shortened to Xmas so I was able to tell her. Thanks !

aperson - I like your nickname, don't change it!

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#353464 - 12/26/09 07:36 AM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

lol- that's funny!

#353466 - 12/26/09 11:29 AM

Unregistered

I think I wasn't mentally prepared with my pmsing and cravings/have'nt seen my boyfriend since monday the 14th at work and I believe the last time outside of work was the 7th. I think I am being negative about stress and have problems with self control or watever. I had a safe meal prepared,chicken crockpot stew,then "cream" of spinach and cooked pasta. See a pic of those recipes on my myspace my email is mn_11@yahoo.com so search that then look in my Recipe/Food album then post reply on the boards here and tell me what u think of my recipe photos please. I have more confessions,I haven't given up no no's in fact ate them today..really sorry. I am feeling stronger though.

#353472 - 12/26/09 02:23 PM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

No you are aperson but it would be nice to know your real name if you feel like sharing it.

I think you sound like a Lynn.

i'm Christina

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

Re: Origin of Xmas new
      #353473 - 12/26/09 02:24 PM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Ohhh spooky!

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

LET'S SET THINGS STRAIGHT HERE!!! *DELETED* new
      #353476 - 12/26/09 05:02 PM
Windchimes

--------------------

Re: LET'S SET THINGS STRAIGHT HERE!!! new
      #353480 - 12/26/09 07:48 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

I took no offense to your post, Windchimes. Such is the nature of these forums/chats...it is very easy to get your feelings hurt. It is impersonal and not at all like talking with someone in person where more comes into play. It is easy for others to misconstrue what you are trying to say and "attack".

I don't think aperson seemed to be bothered by your post. I think if she was she would let you know. Really, it only concerns her, anyway.

So, hang around, your are fun! Geri (and that is my real name )

Re: LET'S SET THINGS STRAIGHT HERE!!! new
      #353483 - 12/26/09 09:26 PM

Unregistered

I have actually thought about changing my name even before all this, though,I like the song problem girl and I also feel all my life is,is problematic because my life has almost no enjoyment,my life is drinking tea and spending my whole day on the toilet then to work a few hours so I can support my tea habit/basic needs like birth control,food,cellphone bill,supplements. Yes,I have to pull myself out of this hole. My mom is always saying "you have more problems than married gophers" or something weird like that. I do feel an identity either way. I actually got confused reading everyon'e postings,but nothing is wrong and I hope I didn't come off as being mean about anything.

Re: Aperson - don't change your name ...I'm Maria new
      #353484 - 12/26/09 09:28 PM

Unregistered

not spanish or mexican just a very white person.

Windchimes new
      #353487 - 12/27/09 06:58 AM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

aperson has already identified herself as Maria. A beautiful name.

Can you all please drop the name debate. This thread was supposed to be about cheating during the holidays. Not the IBS inquisition about aperson's identity on the board. How someone chooses to identify themselves on this board is up to them. You wouldn't persist in asking Heather for her name if she used a pen name. If a member doesn't want to post their name for privacy reasons, or even create a pen name for the same reasons leave them alone!! I identify that aperson is the person I am writing to on the boards. If I'm writing to Mr. Magoo, that's who I identify I'm writing to - there's no need to change or further identify themselves! My 2 cents.

And Maria - I knew your real name a while back when I peeked into your blog. I wish you continued luck with your battle against unsafe temptations!!!

(edited to correct Maria's name - sorry about that!!)

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Edited by Toady (12/27/09 03:30 PM)

Re: Windchimes well its Maria not marie. nt. new
      #353489 - 12/27/09 07:19 AM

Unregistered

Amen -nt new
      #353511 - 12/28/09 06:38 AM
capricorn1942

Reged: 10/06/03

--------------------
ibs-d (pseudo)with pain and bloating

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 822 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 17579

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review