All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Who "fell off the wagon" this holiday?
      #353432 - 12/24/09 02:40 PM

Unregistered

I really have no excuse I didn't fall off the wagon on thanksgiving. I think there was triple the amount of temptation...Pmsing right now and I kept resisting what I couldn't have then gave in,my boyfriend is gone for a week,and I haven't went on a date since last monday night and won't get to until thrusday night or friday night next week ,my mom also forgot to set aside mashed potatoes for me because she puts dairy in the ones she makes..my dad heard me pouring cereal and said "we have no milk" I snapped and said "dad you know I can't have dairy,don't you see this rice milk and soy milk in the fridge?!" so I ended up just giving into everything,her mashed potatoes,gravy who knows what was in that..4 of those soft frosted sugar cookies from wal mart..some dorritos,yesterday it was some no no cookies,a symphony candy bar,a double cheese and 2 nuggest. I am fully ashamed of myself. I feel by sharing this I am being honest latly felt like I was lying to my boyfriend nad my parents sneaking around eating all this no no food when they weren't looking. Feel so guilty when my dad sees I opened the doritos he was taking to the relative gathering out of town, and all I was thinking was there's 4 more bags of chips and maybe it will cause me to have a spasms and get some out of me cuz I can't go..There I let it all out,plz I realize what i've done don't get mad and I'm sorry,wonder if anyone else gave in to temptation.Let me tell you I feel sick and shaky,whatever u have to do even if its slap yourself,don't give in!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Not me! new
      #353435 - 12/24/09 05:35 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

There are things you learn year after year of managing ibs. Well, at least I have. Don't eat it if you don't want to suffer. My m-i-l makes her stuffing with pork, so I don't eat it - never in 12 years. My s-i-l makes gravy with cream - had it once, by accident as I didn't know about the cream - since then, never again. My grandma and mum use bacon in our sweet and sour cabbage, but before they add it they set aside a dish for me. I've spent too many holidays hiding in the bathroom, not to mention non-holidays spent there too. If necessary, I set my own food out for me and then I know it is safe. And when I make the potatoes or the dessert or whatever, it's safe and the rest of the family never complains.

Do yourself a favour and stop cheating now. You can't get stable if you continue to hurt yourself.

Hope you have a Merry Christmas.

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Re: Not me! new
      #353439 - 12/24/09 08:08 PM

Unregistered

IT STOPS NOW! The only things I ate the last 3 days were all unsafe foods!! I'm "happy" I'm off work tommorow! my goodness what came over me!

#353441 - 12/25/09 04:52 AM
Windchimes

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Northern California

Merry Christmas "aperson"! We are all a person, so how about starting with giving yourself a REAL first name in your bio? You might feel better just by having a 'self' as opposed to simply being a person (i.e. just another person with no personal self-identity).

Your mantra is:

Quote:

One should eat to live, not live to eat.

This is truth working in reality. We all need to be well prepared when we KNOW there is going to be unsafe food put before our eyes. You weren't prepared to simply say "NO" to the unsafe foods.

Have you ever considered making a nice IBS-safe meal for your Mom, Dad, and Sister and eating together for a change? You could start out with a simple uncomplicated casserole with a safe veggie on the side. I think they would enjoy having you cook for them and introducing them to a better way of eating, IBS or not. Doing so would also increase the 'family bonding' and perhaps begin to put a stop to the family hostility that you have described in the past.

Again, Merry Christmas to you! Today is a new day and you can begin again no longer derailed and back on track.

--------------------
Senior female, IBS-D, presently stable thanks to Heather & Staff

#353442 - 12/25/09 05:18 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Aperson,

It isn't etiquette for someone on the board to ask you to give your real name. The Internet and social networking sites in particular are places where revealing ones real identity should be done with caution and careful consideration.

I find the name 'aperson' to be a clever personal identity. To me it says I am not just 'any person' I am aperson. Neat! I hope you stick with it.

Merry Xmas

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Syl, You misunderstood... *DELETED* new
      #353443 - 12/25/09 05:32 AM
Windchimes

Post deleted by Windchimes

--------------------

Re: Syl, You misunderstood... new
      #353444 - 12/25/09 06:14 AM
Syl

Windhchimes,

I understand the nature of your posting. It isn't etiquette to ask someone to change their screen name (or even the name in the bio) to a real or REAL name. And it is presumptive to draw psychological implications from the screen name an individual uses. To me the screen name 'aperson' is one of cleverest screen names I have encountered. And to me it says 'I am not just any person' but 'I am a person'. The psychological implication of this are quite different than the one you seem to have drawn.

I hope you have a wonderful Xmas day

--------------------

Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach

Your tone sounds angry *DELETED* new
      #353445 - 12/25/09 06:56 AM
Windchimes

Post deleted by Windchimes

--------------------

Origin of Xmas new
      #353446 - 12/25/09 07:19 AM
Syl

No disrespect meant.

"Xmas " and "X-mas" are common abbreviations of the word "Christmas". There are variants such as "Xtemass". The "-mas" part came from the Latin-derived Old English word for "mass". The "X" in Xmas is from the Greek letter Chi, which is the first letter of Christ in Greek.

Xmas has been used for hundreds of years in religious writing, where the X represents a Greek chi, the first letter of "Christ." In this use it is parallel to other forms like Xtian, "Christian." But people unaware of the Greek origin of this X often mistakenly interpret Xmas as an informal shortening.

Merry Xmas from another senior

--------------------

#353449 - 12/25/09 10:56 AM

Unregistered

I cook all the time and offer it to everyone. The only person in this house that will touch some of my food is my mom. There is a guy at work that eats everything I cook,So I bring him a dish of food Last time not only him but another guy was drooling over the food he saw I brought.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 219 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 17633

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review