All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
questions about weight
      #353409 - 12/22/09 02:18 PM

Unregistered

I have stopped eating mcdonalds and in the past few days haven't eaten much because of how bad I feel. I eat enough to get through the day and not be hungryjust feel I could use a snack by the time I'm off work,but thats an hour or less before bedtime,so thats a no no..but one day I can be 130-132 pounds,it just depends on the day. Can Ibs bloating and diffrent times of the month cause this? I'm on my period now and I'm 124 pounds. I am 5ft. 3 who knows the scale is probly inacurate and its been moved to diffrent spots when I tried it and amount of clothing can affect it. I harldy ate today,I will be cooking tonight and eating a meal. Its like I'm not really full or hungry,I think its because I had diareah for a while,but not much came out,everything was mush and now I have alot of waste in me. No,don't feel too bad,just that my body is trying to get back to its regular self and I need to have a few large bm's!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: questions about weight new
      #353419 - 12/23/09 10:21 AM
Windchimes

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Northern California

You DEFINITELY need to have that colonoscopy already suggested to you. You have been told more than once that you can get one absent cost to you through your Social Services Department in your county of North Dakota.

There is absolutely no excuse for not making an appointment with your local Social Services Department and taking the initiative to follow through. Rapid weight loss is frequently a sign of far more than IBS.

Get on it my friend! Excuses don't solve problems. Assertive action can!

--------------------
Senior female, IBS-D, presently stable thanks to Heather & Staff

#353420 - 12/23/09 11:09 AM

Unregistered

It was the scale,because I tried right after and it's my usual weight. If I move while the scale is measuring it gets off or sometimes I don't stand on it right,not used to using a scale,when I go to the doctor,which is once a year,I'm almost the same weight.

#353436 - 12/24/09 05:47 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Your weight can fluctuate on a daily basis as much as 8 lbs. It all has to do with how balanced your body is. How much you ate, you drank, your bms, if you had a shower before you weighed yourself etc. You weigh the least in the morning, after you pee, before you shower, eat or drink anything. I suggest you weigh yourself once a week at the same time of day, in the same place ie bathroom on the same tile all the time, wearing the least clothing possible (naked is ideal). You will notice fluctuations, but that is normal. IE: today I weighed 114 lbs. But last week I weighed 118 lbs. But that's normal. PMS also contributes to weight.

Weight loss becomes dangerous when you lose more than 10% of your total weight in a 4 week period (so my GI told me). When I lost over 40 lbs in 2 months, that was bad. But normal fluctuations of a couple lbs are just that, normal.

Hope this helps - and give up McD's food for good. I worked there for 4 years, gave it up after the second year. And I can honestly say I haven't set foot in the place in over 10 years.

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#353440 - 12/24/09 08:11 PM

Unregistered

THANK YOU! will do. I worked there for 6 years so far. I've gotten good at saying no to the food,haven't been eating it until I got my period then it was like I Craved it. It is the highest paying fast food place in town I make almost $10 an hour.

#353488 - 12/27/09 07:04 AM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

I know you work nights there, when I worked I did a lot of the breakfast shifts 4:45 to noon. If I had to eat I'd get an english muffin, unbuttered, and grab pb or strawberry jam. If I worked a grill shift I'd get a toasted hamburger bun and add pickles, lettuce and tomato - a veggie bun. I know I did eat the pies too, once they were the baked ones (yes, I worked in the days of deep fried pies!) (and the days of fries cooked in animal lard, not transfat free oil!). But my IBS was not 1/2 as bad when I was a teenager (I miss those days!) as it is now.

Ironically, on a side note - my boss now, a corporate and real estate lawyer, was my crew leader at McD's. What are the odds we'd work together as teens, and now I'm her legal assistant. There's hope for you too

Good luck, have a great rest of the holiday season. And don't cheat!!!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 108 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5040

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review