All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
need help for birthday ideas...
      #353242 - 12/15/09 06:47 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

Okay ladies and Gentlemen, I need some help!! My wife's birthday is the 24th of December, and I am lost for ideas!! Over the years I have given her jewelry, clothes, and certificates to spas. We have been on trips to see grandchildren and parents. I have given her coupons for dinners, house cleaning, nights out, etc.

My sweetheart will be 58, and still most precious to me.

This year I am stumped … any thoughts and ideas about gifts will be certainly be appreciated.

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: need help for birthday ideas... new
      #353243 - 12/15/09 07:24 PM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

I got a new camera for Christmas.A Nikon D60.I love it.
Other than that ....scrapbooking stuff?What does she like???

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#353244 - 12/15/09 07:48 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Ahhh Double J, how sweet. How long have you two been married? I would ask the same thing as Dragonfly...what are her interests? That way, we can make some suggestions. You know, some girls are frilly and like girly stuff, and some could care less, so give us a little more to go on. Not to mention, it's Christmas Eve. Yikes!

#353246 - 12/15/09 09:43 PM
frygurl

Reged: 08/18/09

How about something experiential you can do together such as horseback riding or a hot air balloon or helicopter ride? Or a romantic night at a bed and breakfast?

I like to put together gift baskets sometimes - like a 'date night in' basket with a cozy blanket, popcorn and candy, and a DVD. Or a 'feeling pretty' basket with perfume, bath salts, a silky robe - something like that.

Mu husband has done this before: he took me out to do fun things on my birthday and set his watch. Every hour he would give me a little present with a funny little clue attached to it. Just simple things like cozy socks, CDs, etc, but the fun part was wherever we were he'd stop when his watch went off and say "it's present time!" It was so much fun!!

#353247 - 12/15/09 09:50 PM
Double J

We've been married since '81. I was married before ... that was my training period. First marriage was after I came back from overseas ... I was a jerk.

Anyway ... my sweetie does like to scrapbook, but uses computer software to do it.
She enjoys working with her hands … she's a crafty little girl. Just not the time to do it anymore between grandchildren and her volunteering at the schools. She's a homemaker at heart and just plainly lives for her family. It took years to get her to spend money on herself!

I once had her enrolled in a local pottery / painting studio until hard times closed the store. She did enjoy that.

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

#353248 - 12/15/09 09:55 PM
Double J

We have horses. I don't do helicopters anymore.

Gift basket ??? That's something to ponder on. You have a smart husband! I could work with that idea!!

Some good ideas there. Thank you.

--------------------

#353249 - 12/15/09 10:17 PM
frygurl

If your wife is crafty - this is a really fun book she might enjoy - it' called the Big Ass Book of Crafts. I gave it to my brother's g/f for christmas last year - she is really crafty as well. A fun idea!

#353250 - 12/16/09 07:05 AM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

LOL, training period! Is that what alot of men do? Just kiddin!

You know what I have always liked more than anything...a personalized gift. Anyone can go out and buy anything, but something you create from the heart.

Since you say she is crafty, and lives for the family, anything created by you, about them, for her, would be good. It is probably too short notice to do that, at this point.

I once did that for my folks. For their wedding anniversary, I had a little bit of each decade of their marriage. They loved it.

At this late date, I think a gift basket would be good. In there, put in everything that you know she loves. Does she read? You could throw in a fav book, bath salts, bubble bath, lotions, a certificate to a craft store, etc. Tie it up with a very big bow, and say, "Honey, I love you."

Thank you all for the suggestions... new
      #353276 - 12/17/09 10:37 AM
Double J

I was stuck and you rescued me!

I did purchase the Big Ass Books of Crafts, and will be working on a basket.

Both new ideas to me.

Thank you, DoubleJ

--------------------

Re: Thank you all for the suggestions... new
      #353277 - 12/17/09 10:53 AM
frygurl

So glad to help. Let us know how she likes it!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 119 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4383

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review