Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Not the same... new
      #352660 - 11/24/09 01:10 PM
Windchimes

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Northern California

I wasn't referring to 'working out'.

I was referring to the simple excercise of taking out garbage, cleaning up the kitchen, and other miscellaneous activities of general housekeeping. This would help mend the bridge between you and your mother in the process of doing. Such would benefit you both physically and psychologically.

You can always sit down for a few minutes between chores if you need to.

--------------------
Senior female, IBS-D, presently stable thanks to Heather & Staff

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I feel so bad that I can't help anyone else new
      #352661 - 11/24/09 01:15 PM
frygurl

Reged: 08/18/09

I'm glad you avoided eating the popcorn - that can really cause problems between the insoluble fiber, fat, and dairy content. You didn't really answer my other questions, you only described your symptoms. Can you share more about what you are doing to treat IBS? I suggested several things that I think will help in my previous post.

I give up... you just don't get it! -nt- new
      #352662 - 11/24/09 01:20 PM
Windchimes

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Northern California

--------------------
Senior female, IBS-D, presently stable thanks to Heather & Staff

#352663 - 11/24/09 01:38 PM

Unregistered

i'm drinking a pot of fennel tea a day,eating ibs recipes or safe things like fat free pretzels,fat free saltines,safe french bread sandwiches with safe all natural turkey sandwich meat,tuna with heathers tuna melt recipe. I take the pepermint capsules,align,birth control,can't have much pepermint. I take hot bathes,I take acacia,and fibercon.

Edited by aperson (11/24/09 01:40 PM)

#352699 - 11/25/09 06:44 PM
renee21

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I'm just curious, have you ever tried cutting out wheat to see if that helps? I know that a lot of people with IBS eat it, but many of us cannot. In fact a growing number of people without IBS can't tolerate it, either. Just wondering.
I also agree with others on here that it seems you need more support than you are getting right now. I would strongly encourage some kind of therapy.

--------------------
IBS-C, lots of spasm and trapped gas.

#352707 - 11/26/09 07:03 AM

Unregistered

why would wheat be a problem? I don't eat whole wheat or anything,just enriched wheat flour or watever. it's not like I have celiac or anything besides ibs. It's already so hard not to have triggers. If I can't have many of heather's ibs safe recipes or ibs safe ones from this board,I would go insane. I don't think I could give it up and I refuse. If my diet has to be even more bland that I have to give up wheat,I think I'd fall back into eating trigger foods since It's so hard for me not to have those. I refuse to give up my fat free saltines and all the ibs safe recipes I make. Heather's pumkin pie,chicken pot pie,corn and crab soup,lemon glazed sticky bread,chicken and dumplings and more.

#352713 - 11/26/09 09:19 AM
DanaDivine

Reged: 09/30/09

I've read and heard from so many sources how hard wheat is on everyone's digestion. I DO seem to do better without it. But it really is a challenge to avoid it all the time.

#352715 - 11/26/09 09:49 AM

Unregistered

maybe all the incomplete evacuation is really irritating my colon? well I'm doing a trigger free diet for a few weeks,its been a few days now. I will continue making heather's recipes,and eating safely to see if I get better..then I think move on to elimination diet,the trial and error thing.

#352721 - 11/26/09 02:35 PM
renee21

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I find your attitude a little troubling. I wouldn't "refuse" to do anything if I thought it might relieve my pain. I am not saying that eliminating wheat is the answer for you. I am just wondering if that kind of mindset isn't a little counterproductive in terms of experimenting and finding out what works best for your system. One thing with IBS is you gotta be willing to try, try and try again!
Plus, it's not like I'm suggesting you cut out water - wheat is an irritant to many people, not just celiacs or IBSers. Even my healthy roommate complains that it makes her bloated and constipated. Wheat contains gluten, a protein which can be hard to digest. I have tested negative for celiac and yet I found white flour products are like glue in my system.

--------------------
IBS-C, lots of spasm and trapped gas.

#352722 - 11/26/09 02:50 PM

Unregistered

what do you mean, "glue" in your system? ok sometimes I get down and other times I am very determined to do watever I need to do to get stable. SOmetimes its just when I'm happy and cheerful I will go for a trigger,is that common? well right now I will continue making ibs safe recipes and see if in a month I see any improvement..I think my colon is really irritated from bad foods and all the incomplete evacuation everyday. its not really pain,well cramping then in the bathroom all day,I would say sometimes the cramping hurts but lots of the time its just wat happens before a bm..I think thats cramping. the worst is feeling so umcomfortable with incomplete evacuation and,bloating,spasms,gas and mucus,not too much pain,but I can get tight knots that make me feel better when I sit down..but it doesn't bring me to my knees.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 306 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 32629

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review