All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
The Divided Mind
      #352471 - 11/19/09 04:34 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

So, did any of the rest of you reading the book, finish it yet? I just did, and wow what a read. It took me awhile, but I so respect Sarno and his view. Combine him with a little of Chopra and others like him, and it's a win-win situation. Combine a little of the old with a little of the new.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: The Divided Mind new
      #352472 - 11/19/09 04:43 PM
frygurl

Reged: 08/18/09

Gerikat - I have not finished it yet, but I am close. Do you still want to have a discussion group at the Ning site you set up?

#352477 - 11/19/09 05:07 PM
Gerikat

Well, I am just not going to have the time right now to moderate a site. I have alot on my plate at this time.

I was hoping we could discuss it here, without having others jump in with the science behind it, and knocking Sarno every chance they get. Especially when these folks have not even read the book from cover to cover, but pick bits and pieces out, so they can dis Sarno.

Maybe we can discuss it here...we will have to see.

Helpful books in general... new
      #352483 - 11/19/09 07:20 PM
Windchimes

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Northern California

I do think there is a REAL NEED for a book review category at this website. It's not only the book you cite, but others as well.

It seems such would be justified for those who like to read and learn in their own quiet time away from their computers. I personally get tired and weary from screen reading. I would rather read a book, pick it up, and put it down, and continue on as I have (or can make) the time.

--------------------
Senior female, IBS-D, presently stable thanks to Heather & Staff

Re: Helpful books in general... new
      #352495 - 11/20/09 08:19 AM
Gerikat

I think we could probably discuss books here. I think an alternative/holistic medicine board would be great.
Then you could get people who use this kind of treatment away from the science minded. Know what I mean.
What do you think? I know they are trying to get a vegetarian board together.

Re: Helpful books in general... new
      #352496 - 11/20/09 08:34 AM
Windchimes

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Northern California

YEP! Gerikat, I absolutely DO know what you mean about all of this scientific stuff. What we all need is less stress and a more relaxed and supportive, meaningful environment.

I think a board of holistic and vegetarian info would be absolutely GREAT! While I'm not (yet) totally vegetarian, I can definitely see the benefits of becoming so.

While I have been avoiding red meat (known trigger), I still eat chicken, turkey, and sometimes a small amount of white pork. It's a good thing that I absolutely love bean and rice recipes.

May your Thanksgiving be blessed as well as your Christmas holiday celebrations.

--------------------
Senior female, IBS-D, presently stable thanks to Heather & Staff

#352510 - 11/20/09 10:39 AM
renee21

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I also just finished the book and would love to discuss it(or other books) outside of this site. It would be easier to keep up a conversation if it wasn't buried among all the other threads on here.
Maybe we could start an email chain?

--------------------
IBS-C, lots of spasm and trapped gas.

#352511 - 11/20/09 10:44 AM
frygurl

Reged: 08/18/09

I would be willing to moderate a Ning site - we have the options for both forum discussion and live chat (among other things). Anybody interested in that?

#352518 - 11/20/09 11:45 AM

Unregistered

how about a yahoo chatroom for ibs topics/ or books for live chat?

#352530 - 11/20/09 12:31 PM
Gerikat

I was trying to set something up on Ning, but I just don't have the time now to moderate. It is nice because you can have instant chat. And you wouldn't be interrupted there.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 620 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5579

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review