All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
VERY unstable with a COLD
      #352182 - 11/16/09 07:37 AM

Unregistered

whenever I get sick whether it's with a cold or flu..I feel extra terrible cuz my ibs gets worse too,probly becaue I'm so unstable. Wow, did I learn my lession,I thought I really must get stable becaue when I get sick or have other problems,everything is that much more intolerable. I felt awful at work yesterday I wanted to take some cold medicine but was afraid it would upset my ibs more. When I got home I realized why my body felt so strained and I felt extra bad was because there was some stool stuck in there and I didn't know until I checked with my finger.All night I fell asleep and woke up blowing my nose,my sore throat bothering me and I peed a few times, I was full of gas.

So I was wondering if there was any ibs safe cold medicine or what would be the most gentle? Are there any ibs safe cough drops?

Edited by aperson (11/16/09 07:40 AM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Are ricola cough drops ibs safe?? someone plz new
      #352198 - 11/16/09 11:11 AM

Unregistered

I would like some responses before I go to work..ALso..does anyone get stool stuck in them and u don't know it until u look with your finger? Well yesterday I had a piece stuck and knew thats why I only went to the bathroom once that day and felt quite full. Well I filled the hole part in the toilet with one huge one and some other good sized ones..and still I been in that bathroom with problems since and aren't done yet! anyone similar problem?

Re: VERY unstable with a COLD new
      #352213 - 11/16/09 12:35 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

try just regular tyneol and look for med that doesn't contain hfcs or sweenter. Drink some warm tea. They make a sore throat sucker for kids thats ibs friendly I have seen them before. try them. hth feel better soon.
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

#352217 - 11/16/09 12:53 PM

Unregistered

no I won't take anything over the counter..ibs horrible today! whats the name of the sore throat sucker,and do u buy them at wal mart?

#352231 - 11/16/09 01:27 PM
renee21

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I hate cough drops. All that sucking makes me swallow air. And they leave you with sticky teeth.

I like Oil of Oregano. It is expensive but the only thing that kills a sore throat. Every time I feel one coming one, I take a few drops in water, and I haven't had a full-blown cold in yeras.

I also swear by strong ginger tea (slice up fresh ginger and simmer for at least 15-20 minutes), with lemon and/or honey.

I agree - cold and flu make everything worse. Even just lying down getting bed rest all day screws up my system. Hope you feel better soon!!!

--------------------
IBS-C, lots of spasm and trapped gas.

#352232 - 11/16/09 01:28 PM

Unregistered

do u mean put the honey in to boil or after its done?

#352236 - 11/16/09 01:46 PM
renee21

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I stir some honey into my mug when I pour a cup of tea. I'm not sure whether it matters, though

--------------------
IBS-C, lots of spasm and trapped gas.

#352239 - 11/16/09 02:22 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

I very seldom get a cold. I cannot even remember the last time I had one. But, I do know that rest, liquids, pain reliever if needed, and hot tea saved the day. I have never been one to take over the counter crap. I have tried holistic care at times. But, mostly just common sense. Gargle with warm salt water for the throat. Drugs are not always the best route to take. I have also used a humidifier and Vicks if I am really congested. Mostly it just needs to run its course.

#352308 - 11/17/09 08:16 AM

Unregistered

I harldy ever get sick too..I also had to work yesterday.I thought it was rude the manager didn't let me go home even though I had a cold and fever.I'm still sick today. Later that night about an hour before I was off work a manager whom was off work stopped by,and he said I shouldn't be at work,that I'm no supposed to be there. The manager who was managing just ignored the comments. Everyone was complaining to me not to get them sick or that I shouldn't be working. I said well If I get someone sick I don't mean to and that I don't want to be here,but if the manager doesn't send me home and I leave,I would get a bad write up,then it's all my fault.

I swear every 2 minutes I was running to get a kleenex cuz It was coming out like water. I'd be trying to do my job,but then I would run away all the time so someone else had to do it.

#352309 - 11/17/09 08:34 AM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

People are pretty freaked out now about the swine flu, so I can understand the drama. Any little sniffle and they panic. You probably shoudn't have been there. After all, why get everyone sick. Employers can be so anal.

#352318 - 11/17/09 09:31 AM

Unregistered

ya only if I'm throwing up I get sent home. Everyone there works while they are sick,lots of people hacking and blowing their nose. People just don't want to lose money and if u don't have someone to work for you,you get introuble,and of course no one will work for you or their already working cuz it's there day off and they need more hours. with my body so strained with ibs,tight knots and spasms,I wanted to sit down so bad. Of course I'm not going to try to tell them what ibs is. All I need is rumomors or people making fun of me. I read an article about how people at work don't want to hear about your aches and pains and if u complain alot,you look like a high risk employee or something. No one there that works there needs to know I have ibs or wat it is,except my boyfriend.

#352373 - 11/17/09 07:20 PM
bamalakegirl30

Reged: 10/23/09
Loc: Alabama

You might try this as well. I use something called Vickery and Clarke Cold and Sinus Soak. It is infused with Eucalyptus, Peppermint and Rosemary. I buy it from CVS Pharmacy but you might buy it other places I am not sure. If you are achy it will at least help you feel better and also if you are congested. I soak in this and then slip into my jammies and immediately get into bed. Rest and drink lots of fluids. Hope you feel better soon.

--------------------
When all else fails.....have tea.

#352388 - 11/18/09 08:24 AM

Unregistered

No,I just went to wal mart,and that sucked. My eyes are puffy,pink and watery,I have violent sneezes and a runny nose! monday,work could send other people home that got off the same time as me,but no they couldn't send the girl that ran away from her work every 2 seconds cuz snot dripped like water all over. everyone complained to me that I was at work or they told me not to be there,well I didn't want a bad write up, if the manager wasn't going to let me go home,Then its on my record it was my fault for "skipping work" or "insubordination" once the bad write up is put in the sytem,it can't be taken out.

#352391 - 11/18/09 09:20 AM
frygurl

Reged: 08/18/09

If the only way to get out of work is to be throwing up, I say you call in and say you're throwing up. That could buy you a couple days to get some rest.

#352393 - 11/18/09 10:31 AM

Unregistered

no,I can't sleep during the day anyway,I'm such a light sleeper,even a door shutting wakes me up..plus all day I'm in the toilet,so my ibs wakes me up before 10am everyday,and I can try for hours to sleep but it would never happen and I would just end up feeling worse with bloating cuz my body wants to have all its daily bm's. I think I'm getting better,but I notice it acts up when I start moving around..but I can deal with work,plus I cannot aford to miss work or I'll end up in the negative dollars again. IF it gets to the point I really feel I need to leave work early,I could ask the manager,and if she doesn't let me,I'll try talking to higher up management.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 408 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9136

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review