All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
ATTN: those reading the book
      #352054 - 11/12/09 08:05 AM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

As soon as I get time, I will get us a spot on Chatango, so that those that would like to have discussions about the book, or any other book out there, can meet and chat. These boards are limited, so I think it would be a great idea.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: ATTN: those reading the book new
      #352055 - 11/12/09 08:07 AM
renee21

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

great idea. no idea what chatango is but it sounds fun - chatting, tango... does it involve a tiki bar?

--------------------
IBS-C, lots of spasm and trapped gas.

#352059 - 11/12/09 08:22 AM
Gerikat

Hey funny! I wish! No, really I belong to a group already on "Tango" (that's what we call it), and it is only for that group, I believe. I have to found out more about how to set it up.

We could discuss things about IBS treatment that do not fit on these boards. There is no area here to disucss alternative therapies, (unless you want to be attacked), and there is no place to discuss books and different ideas. We don't have to limit it to IBS of course, but can touch base on many areas of health.

There are too many scientific minds here, and as I said, some things you cannot see, measure, calculate, etc.. There is alot more to IBS than science, and I think it goes so much deeper, right into the soul.

So, if you are on board, maybe we can get a few more, and have some interesting chats.

I will be in touch.

#352062 - 11/12/09 08:45 AM
frygurl

Reged: 08/18/09

I would like to participate in this group. I completely agree Gerikat. I know that my IBS is being triggered by the emotional pain, sadness and rage in my unconscious. I wasn't molested, but I had a very difficult, chaotic childhood. For a long time I thought I made it through that relatively unscathed, but it's coming to light through therapy how much of that affected who I am as an adult. And I am seeing the symptom imperative before my eyes as I attempt to treat my digestive symptoms. As soon as something feels better, such as my heartburn, something else flares up. At any rate, I look forward to participating in a group of like minded individuals, as I am not questioning the validity of Sarno's books, therefore am not interested in a debate about whether or not it's possible. For me, I know that it is.

#352064 - 11/12/09 08:49 AM
Gerikat

Well said, Frygirl. I, too, am not interested in debate. I will check into Chatango and get back to you.

#352074 - 11/12/09 03:54 PM
frygurl

I found one called Zoho Chat - works for groups and it's free.

#352075 - 11/12/09 04:44 PM
Gerikat

Ok that is fine too. I thought Chatango was free, but if you found one then let's use it. I think someone needs to be the Administrator, so do you want to set it up?

#352077 - 11/12/09 05:50 PM
BarbieNJ

Reged: 10/19/09
Loc: New Jersey

I'd be interested also, I have read some of Sarno's two books and alot of what he says makes sense. However, I do not believe it is the total cause of IBS/FMS. I'm going to personally work on positive affirmation. I've had a recommended read from my Chiropractor, I'll pass it along once I receive his email.

--------------------
IBS-C Sufferer since I was 18 and a FMS sufferer also!! Not feeling well enough to shop...Visit my online website!! www.youravon.com/bwethman

best way to discuss book - alternative therapies new
      #352079 - 11/12/09 06:29 PM
frygurl

Those interested in a group to discuss Sarno's theory of the mindbody disorder, and possibly other alternative therapies for IBS (and maybe other health topics), what would be the best format for this? We have a lot of options. We could create a group chat, but to participate, you'd have to be there at the same time as others, or a wiki site where any member of the wiki can create pages and everyone can participate in discussions in a forum style. (We may be able to embed a chat feature also). Or we could create a social networking site through Ning, which would allow us to have chat, forums, blogs, space for photos, sub groups, etc. I'm willing to administrate whatever we decide.

Re: best way to discuss book - alternative therapies new
      #352081 - 11/12/09 07:12 PM
Gerikat

Frygirl, I like the group chat. That is what my group does on Chatango. Not everyone is there at the same time, but those that "go to chat" can discuss in a live format anything they want to. It is not like here, where there is a delayed response. What we do is sometimes just touch base on Twitter and find out who will be in chat that night. We also use Facebook. I believe you have to be signed up by the moderator, so it keeps out the unwanted, but I can find out from her. Mostly peeps are there at night. It leads to a very lively discussion. I have met alot of friends there. There is a moderator for the group. Of course, that is a totally different subject. I like the idea of instant conversation. I have never heard of Ning, but that sounds pretty cool.

I do like the idea of having a group of like-minded people, and keeping out the people who want to debate and argue. Of course, there is nothing wrong with a discussion, but I think you know what I mean.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 152 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3642

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review