All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
What I am grateful for today!
      #351960 - 11/10/09 06:00 PM
frygurl

Reged: 08/18/09

In the spirit of keeping focus on the positive rather than negative, I would love to have people share what they are grateful for today (and future days as well).

I am grateful for my wonderful home and all the warmth and comfort it provides.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What I am grateful for today! new
      #351961 - 11/10/09 06:04 PM
bamalakegirl30

Reged: 10/23/09
Loc: Alabama

Today is mmy anniversary so I am greateful for my husband (even when he doesn't understand IBS lol) and I am greateful that I have a job when a lot of other people don't. And.....I am grateful that I am going to the beach for the weekend and hope it will be fun and relaxing.

--------------------
When all else fails.....have tea.

#351963 - 11/10/09 06:39 PM
Windchimes

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Northern California

I am grateful that I have a roof over my head when homeless people are sleeping under bridges and buildings in my rural area. They don't have warm blankets and sleep under plastic tarps.

I'm also grateful for Heather's 'tummy tamer' her peppermint capsules and tea. These really help me calm my gut a LOT!

Even so, I still need more strength, stamina, and energy to accomplish cooking for myself and the money to acquire the proper ingredients good for IBS-D without causing a major flare-up. Running to the bathroom over and over again and not making it, having to wash up and put on clean clothes can prove to be extremely exhausting.

--------------------
Senior female, IBS-D, presently stable thanks to Heather & Staff

#351990 - 11/11/09 07:18 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

I am grateful the sun is shining and there is no snow on the ground.

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#351995 - 11/11/09 09:23 AM

Unregistered

I'm thankful my job always follows my 5-11 that I wrote on my avalability form and that I didn't even have to tell them about my ibs. ALso that I get 2 days a week off work,becaue I cook at night on those days and do a quick cleaning of my room before bed.

I'm grateful I live at my dad's house rent free with my own bedroom and computer and internet,tv with cable in my room. I'm grateful they give me rides to work and wal mart because I could never aford to have a vehicle and if they didn't I'd rely on my boyfriend every week,that would cut into the short amount of time our schedules work out so we can hang out probly 3 hours a week outside of work.

I know all about wanting to cook and do things for myself and not having energy or time. It's like I can still wake up feeling like I slept good and by the time its time to go to work at 5pm I can feel like I need a nap,so I go to bed less than an hour after I get home,but sometimes don't get enough sleep and get even more tired cuz ibs makes me get up early. SOmetimes I feel all my bloating when I go to bed makes me not get well rested or a deep sleep and that I dream alot and wake up crabby and not feeling right..By the time I clean my room on my days off work its after 9pm sometimes 10 or 11 and I'm so tired but I force myself to at least vacum my floor and put stuff in piles and make sure nothing is gonna fall off my desk or dresser and make sure I get all the dishes out of here that piled up during the week. I make ibs safe recipes so I don't go crazy and crave what I can't have too much so I don't give in. It really does get expensive,especially when I plan on cooking something and some of the ingredients go bad before I have the time to do it when I'm not feeling terrible!

#352026 - 11/11/09 05:57 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

I'm grateful for the roof over my head; a husband, who despite being sick with H1N1, who loves me; a job and bosses who understand I live with not only IBS but complications from Chiari which causes me to not function at 100% all the time; and for the love of my family and dearest friends.

I have a lot to be thankful for. Thanks for this thread Frygurl. We all need to reflect from time to time.

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#352029 - 11/11/09 06:34 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

You know, Frygirl, I watched Oprah today and they showed the face of the woman who was ravaged by the chimp. Her day to day life is horrid, not to mention her face. She has no hands, no eyeballs, her nose is a huge blob of skin, she has no mouth to speak of, she eats through a straw, she cannot breath through her nose or mouth, but has a tube in her throat, she is dependent, her head is covered where part of her skull is missing, and yet she gets up every day to walk, whether she feels like it or not...just to feel the sun on her face. She cannot have her daughter with her right now, so she is with friends. Her daughter is going to prom, and the lady is sad because she cannot see to share the moment of picking out the gown with her daughter. Just pure devastation. But her spirit shines bright.

Now, what was I saying about IBS. Nothing, I hope! Compared to this poor soul, give me IBS.

#352031 - 11/11/09 07:11 PM
frygurl

I am so grateful for the anxiety support group I attend weekly. I go in to the meeting feeling overwhelmed and come out with new things to try. And I always feel motivated to move forward.

And I have to add that I am crazy grateful for my amazing husband, who came home from working all day, armed with a new IBS friendly recipe to cook for me. He proceeded to cook, serve, and clean up. And it was delicious! I am incredibly blessed!! Check out the recipe for Chicken Pot Roast here.

Edited by frygurl (11/11/09 10:50 PM)

#352032 - 11/11/09 07:27 PM
frygurl

Yes, someone always has it worse. I remind myself of that often.

#352037 - 11/11/09 09:38 PM
askmom

Reged: 09/28/09

Everything! 3 fantastic, wonderful and adorable children. My husband of 17 years who really does love me no matter what (even with all the extra carb weight I've put on!). My house. My job that I really do love. I'm even grateful for my 2 greyhounds. They never cease to give me love when I'm not feeling good. Ever try to look into a dog's face when they smile and not smile back? Yes, greyhounds really do smile.

And today most of all I'm grateful for both of my parents. My dad had a quintuple by-pass surgery along with other complications about 3 years ago. Since this he has become much more healthy and seems to enjoy every day more than he did before. At the same time my mom was going through chemo for stage 4 breast cancer. She was already well into her chemo treatments and couldn't even drive herself to the hospital to see dad. After chemo and radiation and a mastectomy 3 1/2 years later she's as cancer free as she'll get. You really do take your parents for granted until something happens to them. I am so grateful that my kids and I got a second chance with both of them. Life really is short and we should all make the most of it.

Honestly, what more could I ask for? God has given me everything I need and SO MUCH MORE!!!!!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 997 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4391

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review