Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
n
      #351511 - 11/02/09 05:07 PM
Lyndeigh

Reged: 02/07/04

n

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Need Advice! Have you ever cheated on or thought about cheating on your spouse? new
      #351512 - 11/02/09 05:24 PM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Are you crazy?

Don't do it.

Everyone has moments in their marriage when they feel like running away but those moments pass.
This other guy may be hot but hes just the hot guy of the moment.

I've gone through moments where I wanted to leave and our marriage was on the rocks because of my husbands choices and his family but we have made it through the other side better for it.

You need to talk to your husband and tell him you aren't happy and that you need to get away from your parents because your marriage is suffering.

DO NOT act on your feelings for the man.You will regret it.

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

Re: Need Advice! Have you ever cheated on or thought about cheating on your spouse? new
      #351513 - 11/02/09 05:52 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

NO NO NO NO NO!!!

Think about it sweetheart. Please think long and hard about it. Think about how you are feeling, how your husband is feeling and how both of you would feel should you go through with it and if / when your husband finds out.

It sounds like you are experiencing a lot of stress. It is stressful to move, to buy a house, to have a young child, and to have to live with your parents. Been there, done all of it with the exception of the child. We lived with my in-laws for over a year. The stress is probably another reason you are looking for this escape from your current situation.

Please don't do anything hasty! Think how you would feel if your husband was cheating on you and you found out? I'd want to die. Or throw up, whichever was quicker. I think you need to talk to your husband about how you're feeling about your relationship. Even if you leave him a note that you need to talk and set a time for the two of you alone.

Please don't do anything you may regret, for you and your son's sake too.

If you need to chat privately email me at cassandraelvish @yahoo.com (take out the space)

Hugs, all the best with this difficult decision...

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#351516 - 11/02/09 06:28 PM
frygurl

Reged: 08/18/09

You really will regret having an affair. Think about why you married your husband - what drew you to him? Why do you love him? In what ways does he take care of you and your son? Think of how an affair could affect your son...I'm sure you want to provide a stable family life for him, and want to model the best way to handle a difficult situation. Don't think of your husband as your enemy. You are both on the same side as partners. This is a challenge you need to figure out together. Talk to him.

You must talk to him about how stressful this situation is for you. It is imperative. I don't blame you for being angry at him for making you stay in a place that makes you so unhappy. But he can only have a chance to change the situation if you make it very clear that you cannot live like this. I know your husband does not believe saving money is more important than your sanity and your marriage.

This is a difficult challenge in your marriage, but you will make it through because you love each other and you love your son. You can do it!!

#351517 - 11/02/09 07:17 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Take a good listen to yourself. Think about it like this...THIS IS A TEMPORARY SITUATION!

Every time you feel resentment, or anger with your folks, take a minute a think about it. IT IS A TEMPORARY SITUATION!

This is not your life forever. You are working towards a mutual goal. IT IS A TEMPORARY SITUATION!

Why in the world you would even think about an affair now, is beyond me. That is NOT your answer and will bring grief not only to your family, but the man's family, if he is in a relationship.

I am sorry to sound so harsh and judgemental, but I think you need a good swift kick in the arse.

An affair is not the answer.

#351526 - 11/03/09 05:18 AM
karatejoe

Reged: 09/07/09
Loc: Florida

Horses and cows will tear down a fence to get to the other side because the grass looks greener. They will cut their selfs and tangle their feet in the fence to get to the greener grass. Only to find out it was no greener than the grass they had. Get my point?

#351528 - 11/03/09 07:00 AM
jhuggs

Reged: 03/18/09
Loc: Erie, PA

If you are having thoughts of cheating maybe you ought to re-think buying a home together??? Cheating is never the answer.

--------------------
IBS-D & bloating.

#351530 - 11/03/09 07:24 AM
BarbieNJ

Reged: 10/19/09
Loc: New Jersey

I would have never agreed to go back to your parents in the first place!!! Going back there wasn't part of the original plan right? You didn't stand up for yourself and now your the one suffering. I don't know your situation...but I'd just tell him I was leaving. He will either follow or won't and that will be your answer about your marriage. Seeking comfort from another man is temporary at best.....really really search your soul for the answer..once done it can't be undone. You're dealing with two big issues at once here. I'd put the affair on hold and deal with the "here and now"....change your living conditions first.

Good Luck!!!

--------------------
IBS-C Sufferer since I was 18 and a FMS sufferer also!! Not feeling well enough to shop...Visit my online website!! www.youravon.com/bwethman

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 469 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3202

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review