All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Lots of swine flu in this town!
      #351331 - 10/29/09 08:42 AM

Unregistered

I keep hearing how this town has been hit hard with swine flu. 3 people that work at the same place I do have it. I am far from stable and it would be a like a tripple hurt for me if I caught it. I'm going to wal mart today..I thought of picking up hand sanitizer..what else is a good idea? well I mean my job has antibacterial soap and hand sanitizer but I think when I'm done touching everything and shopping at wal mart I should use the sanitizer? I read a list of foods that people who eat

"In the fruit & veggie section of your favorite grocery store.
Foods high in quercetin are:
Red onions - cooked or raw - red onion is the food with the highest quercetin concentration
Broccoli
Lettuce
Spinach
Blueberries
Apples

are less likely to get the flu.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Lots of swine flu in this town! new
      #351336 - 10/29/09 09:12 AM
BarbieNJ

Reged: 10/19/09
Loc: New Jersey

My daughter has been homesick with the swine flu since last friday...she is improving but it is slow. Best defense is to hide in your house, LOL. We can all just do our best to keep our hands clean and try not to touch our faces....easier said then done. Sleep enough and eat properly...and if you get it make sure you DRINK ALOT!!! Good Luck!!

--------------------
IBS-C Sufferer since I was 18 and a FMS sufferer also!! Not feeling well enough to shop...Visit my online website!! www.youravon.com/bwethman

#351338 - 10/29/09 09:18 AM

Unregistered

Well I sit at home all day until I go to work..so I guess I hide alot..except I shop at wal mart at least once a week. those things and the people I live with are the only exposure I get!

#351341 - 10/29/09 09:24 AM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Don't touch your face. Wash your hands. Cough into your shoulder or sleeve. Common sense.

And don't let the media create panic within you, as they love to do.

#351342 - 10/29/09 09:41 AM
BarbieNJ

Reged: 10/19/09
Loc: New Jersey

I always use the hand sanitizer when I get in the car after shopping, or Doc visits then wash them good once I'm home. I may be a little OCD...but it seems to keep me well

--------------------
IBS-C Sufferer since I was 18 and a FMS sufferer also!! Not feeling well enough to shop...Visit my online website!! www.youravon.com/bwethman

#351400 - 10/31/09 11:21 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Drink lots of tea or coffee anything hot,to cleanse any viruses in your mouth and throat.You can also swab your sinuses with salt water but ewwww.

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

Edited by dragonfly (10/31/09 11:22 AM)

n new
      #351451 - 11/01/09 02:34 PM
Lyndeigh

Reged: 02/07/04

n

#351471 - 11/02/09 08:26 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I am scared of getting to. Common sense I keep little packages of colorx wipes in my purse and wipe the cart before i use it.I pack the hand sanitizer and use it all the time. Try going to the store when there is less people we went last night at like 8:30 and it was dead and it made me feel better!! My sisters doc told her to change her clothes when she comes home from town and don't wear your shoes inside. hth
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 162 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4345

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review