All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: ACUPUNTURE FOR IBS new
      #351535 - 11/03/09 08:49 AM
vettech

Reged: 06/08/08
Loc: ME

I'm curious about acupuncture, too. I've been thinking about trying it for back pain - if it works for IBS, too, maybe I can have them stick in a few extra needles while they're at it.

I tried amitriptyline many years ago and it also made me feel depressed - weird. I gave it up after a few weeks. I don't need something that makes me feel worse. I'm generally a happy person when my gut's not out of control.

--------------------
IBS-A and GERD since 1983
Low FODMAP since 2012

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#351546 - 11/03/09 11:22 AM
goldiloks72

Reged: 07/28/09

How long were you on the Amytriptyline? Did you notice a change in your gut? I feel clouded mentally from it.

#354432 - 01/12/10 04:06 AM
LPenney

Reged: 11/10/09
Loc: Atlanta, GAl

I started electronic acupuncture, called Acupoint Meridian Therapy, on Christmas Eve. This is needleless acupuncture. My gut was killing me and I hadn't been able to eat anything in several days. I immediately felt better that night and ate a bowl of my homemade chicken soup, first time I'd been able to eat without pain in days!

With acupuncture, you have to stick with it for awhile. Kinda like going to a chiropractor for your back - you probably have to have several sessions before you reach success. My therapist (who is a chiropractor) told me how to do my own acupoint massage, which I do twice a day at home between visits. I am definitely seeing improvement in my IBS symptoms. There seems to be a split of opinions about the outcome of acupuncture for IBS, but for me, it is so far so good.
Here is a You Tube video that explains the device used for needleless acupuncture.

#354446 - 01/12/10 09:57 AM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

I am a big fan of alternative treatments. I will look at the video. I know that most times, natural care of the body takes longer.

Could you please share with me the acupoint massage that you use at home? Thanks!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 84 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8447

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review