All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Frygirl- Flowers new
      #351244 - 10/27/09 03:19 PM
frygurl

Reged: 08/18/09

I didn't know that - thanks for the info. I will need to investigate further!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS symptoms in social situations new
      #351262 - 10/28/09 07:34 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Ohh I was soo reluctant to get meds for this anxiety but I finally had had enough so I asked, and my doctor really worked with me.
She gave me a baby dose to take and she said only take it when you need to.
For me that meant going on long car rides or going to parties.Concerts at the school.Once I get where I am going I usually would be fine but its the getting there part that would send me to the bathroom in severe pain.

I hardly ever take them anymore and that was like only half a pill once a month maybe.I haven't needed them for months.Just knowing I have them helps relieve the stress because they really work.

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#351264 - 10/28/09 08:21 AM
goldiloks72

Reged: 07/28/09

Boy can I relate! I have the same issue. If I am going to an event where there is food I basically avoid eating because the food there is usually not OK for me to eat. I either eat a small meal before or eat after. This usually works for me It can be challenging. I thank God for those silent farts. If I am with friends most of them know what I can't eat. I have come to the point where if I am offered something that I know will make me sick and I am amongst people I don't know very well I will let them know I have a weak stomach and can't eat that rather than going into the whole story of IBS. I don't really like a lot of social situations to begin with but all the people on this thread sound great and we should all get together and let her rip!

#351266 - 10/28/09 08:25 AM
frygurl

Reged: 08/18/09

I have the same problem going places. I am especially fearful of long road trips and plane rides. Maybe a really low dose of anti-anxiety med would take the edge off enough for me to be comfortable. It's exhausting living in fear all the time.

#351311 - 10/28/09 05:18 PM
bamalakegirl30

Reged: 10/23/09
Loc: Alabama

It's ironic that you mentioned this because I had a situation that relates to this just yesterday. I work at a great place and have a wonderful boos who takes us out to lunch once a month. Yesterday he took us to a Japanese steak house. I had already had it in my mind what I was eating and what I couldn't. I was not stressed over that but here we are not 20 minutes into the lunch when I have to excuse myself to the restroom. I had to do this about 3 times during the process. As another person said, I am not big on social gathering anyways, but these are people I am very comfortable with, but my stomach was in knots and I could barely eat what I had ordered. I ate maybe 5 or 6 bites and I was done. The rest came home. By the way, mostly my pains are not severe. Usually they are like pms cramps and sometimes I just feel like a knot in my stomach and can tell. Does anyone elses cramps feel like this?

--------------------
When all else fails.....have tea.

#351313 - 10/28/09 05:27 PM
bamalakegirl30

Reged: 10/23/09
Loc: Alabama

Gerikat, can you e-mail some information about what you are talking about. The flower thing. I don't completely understand what you were exactly talking about but I would be interested in trying something to ease my IBS and my anxiety attacks. My e-mail address is AChangeForLifeInAlabama@yahoo.com Thanks!

--------------------
When all else fails.....have tea.

#351314 - 10/28/09 06:01 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Sure, no problem. I will email the link to your email address.

#351315 - 10/28/09 07:45 PM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

I do have to admit....its heaven!!!

The only thing is it makes me tired.As long as I don't stop moving..I'm good.BUT when I need agood night sleep it helps too.

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#351317 - 10/28/09 07:55 PM
goldiloks72

Yes I know the knot quite well. There are gas pains and pressure but "the knot" is the one I am trying to stabilize. The knot pain is unpredictable and for me comes in waves. It is the one that has caused such violent attacks which result in vomiting 2-4 times. I used to like social activities more and hope to one day get this under control so I can feel more at ease and carefree like I used to at social gatherings. I am sorry you had such a hard lunch. I sympathize because I had a situation back in March where I went to do a private showing of my artwork at a clients house in Phoenix. The knot was there the whole time and kept getting worse. I was in and out of their bathroom and ended up having to lay down in their guestroom! I got into my car later while in excruciating pain and drove to my friends house in Scottsdale. I had to pull over in city traffic so I could run into a gas station bathroom because the vomit attack was coming on. I made it to my friends house and threw up two more times. I was exhausted, embarrassed and weak. I hope you got to enjoy your meal later on when you were more comfortable.
Julie

#351318 - 10/28/09 08:07 PM
goldiloks72

Boy I am reading this and I am feeling like I am hearing my own thoughts. Thank you for writing all this Frygirl. I truly understand all the anxiety that you stated about going to the bathroom for too long or leaving get a together because I am in pain or have bloating etc. When you try to tell certain people they try to tell you how to fix it and they have no idea.

I like you tend to avoid social situations so I don't have to deal with being uncomfortable around people I may not know very well and feel isolated as well. I feel your pain.
Julie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 222 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7047

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review