All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
is this common?
      #350962 - 10/19/09 09:51 PM

Unregistered

ok I have to push on my sides to release gas..sometimes I feel a huge ball of gas so I lay down,push and exploud...

sometimes though when I'm alone in the work basement and I'm getting something I hurry lay down and push and even though I feel a huge ball. it feels so bad,I don't know how to explain it..like its in my chest and goes to my throat its a really uncomfortable tight. maybe cuz I wasn't relaxed when I was doing it or did it in such a hurry when I droped to the floor and pushed?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: is this common? new
      #350967 - 10/20/09 07:30 AM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

I don't quite understand some of your post, but I do understand the gas and bloating. What I do, is before I get up in the morning, I lay on my back and massage the gut area, sometimes lightly punching the area, or I raise my knees to my chest repeatedly and this breaks up some of the gas and reduces the bloat. It really does help, if the AM is your worst time for bloat, like me.

The sensations you are experiencing in your chest and throat could be from the gas. I know that I have actually felt it rising up and I will belch. I have even had shoulder and neck pain from the gas. The tightness in the chest/throat area could also be from reflux. I know that you are bothered by that, as I am. I get the same chest/throat tightness at times.

But, any type of movement is going to help the gas/bloat, and the massage especially helps.

I hope this helps.

#350968 - 10/20/09 08:40 AM
DanaDivine

Reged: 09/30/09

It seems trapped gas can do a lot of funky things. Sometimes the pressure moves to my chest and I think I'm having a heart attack. (Heart's been all checked out, nothing wrong THERE.) I get pain in my shoulders, neck, sides, and back too sometimes.

I massaged my belly like Gerikat does too. Also, if I'm able to lie down, I find sometimes that if I lie on one side for a few minutes, then shift to the opposite side, I'll pass a lot of the gas. Sometimes it takes a few shifts.

#350970 - 10/20/09 09:12 AM

Unregistered

yes I do burp alot. gently massaging does nothing for me I lay on the floor on my belly take my deodarant and use the lid and push into myself,I don't cause any pain except my skin is dark on my left side like chaffed or slightly bruised? idk it doesn't hurt at all even when I touch it or push. the sensation must be a combination of tons of gas and reflux.hmm..I think the worse time for bloating for me is 24/7 but at work,I'm o n my feet working hard I think I release the most gas and work then when I get off work I run home to push and exploud. Every night I go to bed with trapped gas in me and sometimes as I'm falling asleep I hear crazy noises and feel uncomfortable things or I just releaes some gas and in the morning I wake up and explod a few times.

#350979 - 10/20/09 11:26 AM
Gerikat

For me it's not always a "gentle massage". Someimtes it's more of a punch. OUCH! But, for me it works. If you massage around the belly, it seems to help the stool movement and a BM. Why use a deoderant lid, when you have your hands? Use more intense pressure from you hands, but don't hurt yourself.

Re: is this common? a gentler approach new
      #350994 - 10/20/09 07:14 PM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

Try lying on your back, bring your legs up so your knees are coming near your chest and twisting - let the legs go one way and the other and let it roll you over to your side. Go back and forth. Or try bringing up just one leg and letting it move the same way left and right while the other leg is long.

I'm not against the "punch method" as long as you're not hurting yourself I guess you should continue on. I just think there might be a better way.

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Hawkeye! new
      #350995 - 10/20/09 07:44 PM
Gerikat

Hawkeye, I told her about the knees to the chest in my first post. I was responding to her post about how gentle massage didn't work for her.

When I said "punch", I was trying for humor. Good grief, don't hurt yourself, aperson. Punch is not the right word. God, to be taken so literally.

After all, she is using a deorderant cap on her gut, and it sounds like to me with alot of force, since she states she is bruising herself.

I wasn't trying to hurt anyone, but to be helpful.

Re: Hawkeye! new
      #350996 - 10/20/09 08:35 PM

Unregistered

it can't be a bruise just dry skin becaue nothing hurts at all or feels tender or anything. could you guys please also look at the digestive enzeyme dannadivne(hope I spelled it right) suggested to me? it was made for people with ibs..here is another one,I hope someone would please give me feedback for- http://naturalwellness.com/index.php/90-ct-bottles.html

also does this multivitamin look problematic? I'm willing to pay for them so no one just suggest a diffrent brand,lol want opinions. http://www.xtend-life.com/product/Total_Balance_Unisex_Premium.aspx

if that one is bad for ibs perhaps a diffrent one from that site would be fine? well really check out that website,it sounds top quality I even read reviews from a blog or something about how these were high quality

#351042 - 10/21/09 08:03 PM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

Okay Gerikat! You did say punch and ouch! so hopefully you can see where I was coming from!
Aperson, I don't know much about supplements so I won't be much help, but I've never found a multivitamin that I did well with unfortunately.

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

#351043 - 10/21/09 08:39 PM

Unregistered

no I would never hurt myself,but causing little dry skin I don't even notice unless I go around touching it, is ok with me. ok well I hope someone else at least knows about the digestive enzyme made for people with ibs,I wonder if it would help alot? http://www.evitalhealth.com/Catalyst_U.html

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 185 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7703

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review