#351394 - 10/31/09 08:43 AM
frygurl

Reged: 08/18/09

Add them last.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

my cookies sucked! new
      #351398 - 10/31/09 09:26 AM

Unregistered

I didn't realize how much they would spread so it was like 6 big cookies smashed together,they were overdone and I forgot nonstick spray on the tin foil now I have to scrap the bread off the top of the cookies. as soon as they came out of the oven I had to hurry and crap the tops and that made a bunch of crumbs and they didn't even taste that good. I cooked them for the 8 minutes or less and they were overdone! I think I will just eat the cookie dough,perhaps I could make some kind of shake or smoothie out of it too??

Edited by aperson (10/31/09 09:40 AM)

Re: my cookies sucked! new
      #351401 - 10/31/09 11:26 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Modify any of your favourite cookie recipes using "safe ingredients"

To me that would mean omitng the egg yolk only use white part and use whatever butter substitute you can handle.

If you really can't do egg then omit it and add 1/4 cup of water.

I don't use soy products I actually do better with real butter.

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#351412 - 10/31/09 11:57 AM

Unregistered

I did make the cookies ibs safe,I followed the recipe and they sucked so bad. Maybe becaue I put tinfoil on the pan then put cookies on it and thats why both pans came out with overdone cookies? I thought the dough tasted better than the cookies! I only used the egg whites,followed the recipe exactly!

#351413 - 10/31/09 12:04 PM
frygurl

Reged: 08/18/09

Sorry you didn't like the cookies. The recipe says to use a tablespoon amount for each cookie - this keeps them from spreading out too much. Also, anytime you are cooking low fat, you have to use the non-stick spray because fat is what keeps things from sticking. If the cookies were overdone you could try turning down the oven - maybe down 25-50 degrees. Then keep your eye on the cookies so they don't over cook. I thought these tasted pretty good and so did my husband. Not exactly like cookies made with butter, but a good alternative. If you like the dough, then you could just eat the dough.

#351414 - 10/31/09 12:12 PM

Unregistered

its really hard finding time to cook especially the days I have to work ibs is so bad everyday and I barley made it through making those cookies I felt so bad. I wanted to hurry up and cook them and I guess I didn't use a tablespoon so I could just put everything on 2 pans and get it over with,guess I'll make these at night time on my day off.

Re: When do I add the chocolate chips? new
      #351415 - 10/31/09 12:13 PM
BarbieNJ

Reged: 10/19/09
Loc: New Jersey

I always stir in my chips last.

--------------------
IBS-C Sufferer since I was 18 and a FMS sufferer also!! Not feeling well enough to shop...Visit my online website!! www.youravon.com/bwethman

#351426 - 11/01/09 06:26 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

I didn't mean this recipe.I mean any recipe.

And no I wouldn't have used the tin foil either.

You might be interested in picking up a silicone baking sheet.It goes on the reg cookie sheet and nothing sticks to it.I use alot of the silicone bakeware.

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

Don't give up on these there worth it. new
      #351475 - 11/02/09 08:32 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

don't give up on these there so worth it. I make them about every other week there the one thing on this diet that makes me feel "normal" I have made these alot and the one thing is you have to let the dough set for a hour or the won't turn out. My family love these I have use the same recipe and made them with differant chips for them. When you have time and feel up to it try them again and spray your pan. When I started making them I use half the c-chips to get use to the fat and trust me you still get alot of chips hope this helps. I think I'll be making them for christmas gifts this year to. Good luck feel better soon!
Emmasmom
ibs-c gas

Re: Don't give up on these there worth it. EMMASMOM new
      #351520 - 11/02/09 08:28 PM

Unregistered

I was sure I let it set an hour...ok so don't use the tin foil right? and use a metal pan sprayed? What would happen if I used 1 or 2 heart shaped cake pans would it burn or just make one large cookie?

Edited by aperson (11/03/09 09:07 PM)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 573 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 24288

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review