All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Catching up, and news!! :)
      #350725 - 10/11/09 10:08 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Hey All! Remember me?? I've had a lot of ups and a lot of downs but I've been meaning to post forever, and now actually had some good news I wanted to share!

Well, I finally was denied for social security benefits for the IBS and Fibromyalgia/CFS for the SECOND time, but that means that I *did* qualify for a social program for those not approved for Welfare and.........

I got health insurance!!! Yeaaaa! *arms waving in the air!*

THEN A MIRACLE HAPPENED..............!!!!!

I got a job! With benefits!! Yes, a *real* job! Full-time and everything! I even get an employee badge!

Yes, after a long, long period of years with no money, I will now be a productive member of the daily grind! I picked up a contract managing conferences for gov't health projects for the next 2 years. I have a desk, an office with a door, and am a gen-u-ine 9 to 5-er!

I'm a little worried about the bathroom situation, tho. It leaves a LOT to be desired. I have to wear the bathroom lock key around my neck, and the bathrooms themselves have six stalls to the room. AND the lock sticks. AND I have to use my keycard to get back in the office when I'm done.

I hate the fact someone's keeping track of my comings and goings.

But hopping down a 40 foot maze of hallways, all sweaty and clenchy, trying to work a clumsy lock, then putting on a noisy, smelly tuba and cannon show for 5 horrified new office coworkers... Well, I can just say there are a lot of ways to meet new people, and I hope this is not going to be one of them for meeeee!!!

It's nice to be back in the Living Room with you guys!! I haven't been here a lot, but you guys have never been far from my thoughts. Drop by and say hi if you're around!!

~nelly~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Congratulations Nelly! new
      #350726 - 10/11/09 10:23 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

I am so happy for you! I know having a job will make things easier for you and with the added benefit of health insurance, whooo hooooo! The worries are over!

Sometimes the worry is the worse than the actually thing. I find that when I am away from home and distracted on a daily basis my tummy is usually better than when I am at home with no place to go. I think it is because I eat safe all the time when I know that I will not have the comforts of my own bathroom.

When do you start? or have you already? And, a two year contract, job security.

You will have to pop in every now and then and let us know how things are going. I miss seeing your posts.

--------------------
Janey

Re: Congratulations Nelly! new
      #350727 - 10/11/09 10:37 AM
Nelly

Thanks, Janey! I've just completed my first week. It's great, and the people are acting very nice! I *did* have my lunch stolen on my second day, tho (picture me frozen, stunned in front of the open fridge, holding up a black, plastic fork, a locked look of confusion on my face, mouth agape! ). It was a moment frozen in time for me! LOL!

But I didn't have to pay for parking that day, as luck would have it, so I'm going to consider myself karmically even!

~nelly~

By the way, how have you been? Stomach been behaving this summer?

#350728 - 10/11/09 10:48 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

It always amazes me when I hear stories of people's lunches being stolen at work. Who has the nerve to do such a thing? I guess you need to keep extra things in your desk drawer in case that happens again.

I can picture you now in your state of confusion wondering if you had actually brought a lunch or not,

I am so glad that things are working out for you and that your co-workers seem nice. Well, except for the lunch stealing co-worker, lol.

Good things come to those that wait!

--------------------
Janey

#350730 - 10/11/09 11:23 AM
Nelly

Hee hee. I've already invented a mesh lockbox to keep my frozen dinner lunches. It attaches to the freezer shelf grate and takes a key. Patent pending!

~nelly~

Re: Catching up, and news!! :) new
      #350731 - 10/11/09 01:36 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

That's fabulous, Nelly!! I'm so very very happy for you! I, too, miss seeing your posts, although I have't been around much these days either. Keep in touch, and I hope the new job is going well!!

How are you doing since your last surgery? No more weird masses appearing anywhere else, I hope?

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#350732 - 10/11/09 02:26 PM
Nelly

Hey Lisa Marie!

Funny you should ask about those fatty tumor masses-- last night I was poking around my scar back there and it's vaguely indented, but some bulges seem to be slowly encroaching back on the scar.

My back pain has seriously changed since my operation, totally for the better! Don't know if more tumors are growing, or if my back guts, once jumbled up, are now actually just settling in!

My good friend Andy just dropped back into my life. Ever since he's been in a wheelchair, he doesn't feel his Lipoma tumors anymore, but while in the hospital recently, they removed EIGHT of them from his back, and he feels much better now. And that comes from a person who can't feel anything below his armpits!

At the end of a long day in my office chair, mine feel like they're spasming and dancing the hop. So go figure! The best thing for me is to stretch and lie down. The worst is that office chair! Give me zero gravity any day!!!

How have you been?? It's so nice to see your smiling face again!!!

~nelly~

#350735 - 10/11/09 03:57 PM
glasgowgirl

Reged: 09/01/08
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

When somebody kept stealing my milk (pre ibs)I stuck a note on my carton addressed to the milk thieves explaining I had many horrible contagious diseases so they should bring their own in the future. The milk pinching stopped soon after.

--------------------
Stable IBS D

#350744 - 10/12/09 12:53 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Nelly!!! You haven't fallen off the face of the planet!! Hurray!!

Great news about the job, the benefits and pay!!! Yeah for you!!!! I hope your second week and the rest of your two years goes wonderfully too.

We have a huge community fridge at work. Everyone sorta takes a corner or shelf area and we don't invade each others space. But I still very often put my initials on my lunch container - masking tape or sticky notes!! Plus, because of ibs, the rest of the staff know they're not going to want my soy milk etc!!! Most of the ladies who bring a lunch realized over the last 2 years I don't eat like they do!

Hope you enjoy your day!!!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#350766 - 10/13/09 04:32 AM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

Congratulations Nelly! I've been wondering what you were up to! I haven't been on the boards much at all. Too busy I guess. I happened to check the board today, because I'm sitting here in the bathroom, after waking up with bad cramps! I ate so much crap this weekend, it was bound to happen. Good luck with week 2.

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

#350780 - 10/14/09 03:56 AM
Ulrika

Reged: 08/20/06
Loc: Uppsala, Sweden

Great news! Congratulations!

#350784 - 10/14/09 09:14 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Congrats to you.

About the lunch thing...put a whole bunch of exlax in it and leave for your lunch thief.Make it something really yummy too.
It won't be long before the culprit is " flushed " out.

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#352847 - 11/28/09 08:57 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Ah, you crack me up!!! I really need to check in here more often!!! I just posted a "what's new with me" post... nothing much, been pretty boring - I shouldn't say that. Life around here is never boring with a one year old. Life is EXHAUSTING!!!!!

I'm so glad your back is doing well!! I hope it stays that way. Let me know if you figure out a way to lay down at work instead of sitting in an office chair..... that would be awesome!!!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Come Back Nelly! new
      #352914 - 12/01/09 08:32 PM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

Where have you been!?

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 132 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5910

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review