All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
PVCs directly correlated with the IBS cycle?
      #350269 - 09/25/09 10:18 AM
Kenny

Reged: 01/03/05
Loc: Valley Village, CA

Hi everyone. I don't post often here, even though the resources and products here are invaluable. Thank -- you -- Heather (and team)! I couldn't figure out which forum to post this in, so I'm doing it here. I did an exhaustive search on the boards before posting and couldn't find anything related to my question.

For me, there is a DIRECT correlation to PVCs and when I'm going to have an attack (I had IBS-D, now have IBS-A) that day or the next day or two.

A PVC, sometimes called a PAC depending on if it's in the ventricle or atrium, is when your heart does a double-beat, followed by a compensatory pause, then beats normally. It feels like when your heart skips a beat, but in reality there is an extra beat followed by a pause. In a healthy heart, such as mine (I've been tested), they are benign but extremely annoying and can cause great anxiety and panic attacks in my case.

Not only do I get the PVCs but my heart tends to beat around the 90-110 bpm before the attack. My usual resting heart rate is around 75.

I was just curious if anyone else had similar experiences with their IBS. Again, the cycle of the PVCs directly would correlate with the IBS cycle.

Be well everyone.

-Kenny

--------------------

IBS-A: Gas, Bloating, Occasional Reflux, Panic Attacks

When the bathroom is rockin' don't bother knockin'!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: PVCs directly correlated with the IBS cycle? new
      #350277 - 09/25/09 11:49 AM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Yes, yes, yes. I don't have IBS "attacks" per se, but I fire off numerous PVC's, sometimes days at a time, all connected to how much bloat and gas I have. I can actually feel the gas working it's way up and sure enough, here come the PVC's.

HTH

#350279 - 09/25/09 12:17 PM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

I could see how the anxiety from the PVC's could cause an IBS flare up. When I have anxiety and stress (which is most of the time) I can get a flare up or just bloated and gassy. This has to do with the Brain-Gut relation functioning improperly, IMO.

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

#350286 - 09/25/09 01:05 PM
frygurl

Reged: 08/18/09

What you're describing sounds like an adrenaline response. At times, my heart will pound on the verge of an attack and I will get other adrenaline symptoms such as tingling in my hands and feet, dizzy, light headed, panicked, shaky, nauseous, etc. I'm not sure about the extra heartbeats, per se, but if your body is ramping up it's adrenlaine response when it feels an attack coming on, perhaps that's triggering the double heartbeats if you're prone to them.

#350288 - 09/25/09 01:23 PM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

What you are getting sounds like a panic attack. Numbness, tingling, nausea, sweaty, nervous, light headed, shaky, dizzy. I get this all the time when I get a panic attack. Or well, that is a panic attack.

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

#350295 - 09/25/09 03:22 PM
Kenny

Reged: 01/03/05
Loc: Valley Village, CA

Thanks everyone for the responses. I do have Panic Disorder, but I really-honestly-truly feel like they, as well as the PVCs or adrenaline response, are triggered BY the IBS and not the other way around. I can't seem to get any professional to acknowledge that for some reason.

--------------------

IBS-A: Gas, Bloating, Occasional Reflux, Panic Attacks

When the bathroom is rockin' don't bother knockin'!

#350300 - 09/25/09 03:54 PM
frygurl

Reged: 08/18/09

I totally agree with you, because I experience it myself. AND, my doctors won't agree with me either.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 664 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7023

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review