All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
thoughts
      #350217 - 09/23/09 09:23 AM

Unregistered

ok does anyone else think these things or am I weird? This show was on tv about this tribe and their diet and everything. I was thinking omg if one of them had ibs that diet would make them feel terrible 24/7 I wonder if I'm the only one at work who has ibs since I've never heard anyone complain or have anything other than regular colds or flue and no one is in the bathroom much. or what if there is a funeral and I can't make it because i've felt so terrible with my ibs when I went to one,would I just say I'm tired of funerals then not go? I think how I've gotten older and relatives and my mom's ex that is close to me has been in poor health alot. My sister has ended up in er or my dad went to my cousin's footbal game and I look bad becaue I haven't even seen him in 2 years,but my ibs is bad and I have to go to work those days and I must stay home if I'm gonna make it.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: thoughts new
      #350232 - 09/23/09 07:31 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

You have been on this site for 2 years & still feel bad ... have you been following the diet guidelines? I'm ibs-d and still have some bad days, but only when I eat something I should not.

Maybe it's time to take real control over what you eat and what you do.

Hope you start feeling better soon!

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

Re: thoughts new
      #350237 - 09/24/09 08:04 AM

Unregistered

I been on here over 2 yearss. Yea it's gotten to the point my ibs wakes me up when I'm still really tired and then I try for hours to sleep but my ibs won't let me. It's extremely hard for me to break my habits. When I think back on the time I actually had the willpower and did what I was supposed to I feel like it's less hard. I hate the days I feel so awful while I'm working. I just stop talking to everyone when I feel so bad and don't want to snap at people.

aperson ... new
      #350238 - 09/24/09 10:36 AM
Double J

just what do you normally eat throughout your day?

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

Re: aperson ... new
      #350246 - 09/24/09 02:25 PM

Unregistered

yea..I don't want to talk about that,basically I try to follow the diet and I end up compulsivly eating..today I was looking in the freezer and found ice cream and just ate like a cup's worth of it. At work I randomly had a cheeseburger. I'm paying for everything so bad right now it's scary. Feeling sick terrible gas and bloating..the smells that came out of me today almos made me throw up and I rarly have any smells. I actually had diarreah,or more like really mushy almost diarreah,when that happens I have such a hard time going to the bathroom. I hate how ill I feel right now.

I'm so determined to get back on track!

#350247 - 09/24/09 06:59 PM
Double J

If you don't eat right how do you ever expect to feel better?

--------------------

#350250 - 09/24/09 08:13 PM

Unregistered

you are right..I dont know why I do this..but I bought groceries today so I have plenty of ibs safe stuff I can make. I bought 2 bags of frozen shrimp,bananas,jenio turkey hot dogs,lemons,minute rice,pepermint altoids,rice chex cereal..Have you seen the frozen chicken breasts at wal mart that are like in a green bag? are those safe? I never got a chance to look at the ingredients as my ride was in a hurry so I had to hurry up.

that's a good start ... new
      #350252 - 09/24/09 08:43 PM
Double J

I munch on pretzels, carrots, and usually white rice with every meal. The frozen chicken is probably okay ... bake it or grill it with very little olive oil.

Are you taking some acaia fiber? It's worth the cost.

Stay with safe foods ... no more diary. Take care of yourself. No one else can do it.

--------------------

Re: that's a good start ... new
      #350260 - 09/25/09 07:11 AM

Unregistered

anyway I heard peeled cooked carrots are the safest. Yes I take acacia powder. Yea I'm forced to take care of myself my ibs is waking me up and not letting me go back to sleep because the night I go to bed I feel so bad with gas and stool leftover inside me that it wakes me up a couple hours earlier with gas and wanting to get started with ibs problems.

You know that song It's my life ? I forgot who its by,but I think of my ibs when I hear it "It's my life it's now or never,I'm not gonna live forever" I think to have a chance at a life I need to follow the diet and I can't stop waiting to do it becaue if I don't do it I'll never do it and I'll never be able to reach any of my goals. But for some reason I easily forget or lose track of my goals if I'm not constantly reminding myself I forget.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOfaYFIHt1g

Edited by aperson (09/25/09 07:25 AM)

#350280 - 09/25/09 12:30 PM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

I eat the boneless-skinless chicken breast from wal-mart in the green bag. They are perfectly fine grilled, baked, broiled, or pan sauteed as long as you don't use much oil. Usually, I like to pour chicken broth in a skillet and heat it a little with some season salt and fresh black pepper then add the chicken and cook it like that. It's very moist and tender. Before cooking the chicken I tenderize it with a fork by stabbing it over and over and over until it is full of holes on both sides LOL! Then add some good seasonings like rosemary, basil, thyme, etc and cut off some excess fat. Broiling and grilling are two of the quickest ways to cook, but I enjoy the pansauteeing better, myself.

HTH with the chicken.

Kappy

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

#350281 - 09/25/09 12:36 PM

Unregistered

oh I was buying regular skineless boneless the tyson all natural brand? I read one of your posts that u though u were pregnant,did u find out? it's highly unusual for me not to go to the bathroom everyday..Today I haven't once! I'm thinking my stool was so mushy still I can't go..I took 2 imodiums caplets last night..perhaps I should take 2 today?

#350289 - 09/25/09 01:26 PM
Kappy

I'm not pregnant! I just had a bad case of water behind my ears. And a lot of sinus infections. It made me dizzy and nauseous, so I thought I was.

Nope, not pregnant, but since I got married, I've gained ALOT OF WEIGHT!!!!!!!! AHHHHH!!!!! Now I'm trying to get rid of it and I can't. It's so hard. I'm on the rag right now, so I'm not dieting this week, but Monday, I will be back at it and in full swing. I plan on losing 25-30 pounds by Christmas. I've done it before and I can do it again!!!

Thank you for asking, aperson! I've missed this place.

--------------------

#350290 - 09/25/09 01:32 PM

Unregistered

should I take 2 imodiums again? I feel nasous and haven't been on the toilet once today which is highly unusual,my insides must have went to water. also that's bad that you aren't dieting becaue your on your period...just start now

#350291 - 09/25/09 02:14 PM
Kappy

I would not take 2 imodiums just yet. Give it a little while. I'm not "D" so I don't know how the Imodium situation goes, but I would wait a few more hours.

It's so hard to diet on my period. Chocolate is my main culprit. Also, I read somewhere that it is not good to diet on your period. Something to do with the loss of blood. I am back on the diet tomorrow. I'm not going overboard eating everything in sight today and yesterday, too, but I just didn't cut back as much as I would have if I were on an actual diet. Does that make sense????

--------------------

#350292 - 09/25/09 02:16 PM

Unregistered

i can't wait a few hours less than an hour I go to work so I don't want anyone to see my take pills at work.

#350293 - 09/25/09 02:25 PM
Kappy

Well, then I would probably take one now, and if it doesn't help, I would take one again right before you go.

--------------------

#350316 - 09/25/09 09:20 PM

Unregistered

too late I'm back from work and I didnt' take it. Really bad news is that I failed tonight I ate a donut,some fries and a double cheese! I don't know what happens to myself when I'm out and about,I think I feel like a normal person when I'm out of my house and around town so I just do what everyone else does. Whatever my problem is probly a combination of stuff like a circle of depression or carrying my ibs with me so long it's hard to believe I can improve alottt,idk exactly what my problem is..but what are some tips and tricks I can do,you'd think feeling terrible is enough.

#350326 - 09/26/09 08:42 AM
frygurl

Reged: 08/18/09

From reading your posts about constant binging, I think you might consider that you have an eating disorder . Even though this diet can be frustrating and it does take willpower,it's not impossible, especially with the consequences you face if you don't follow it. The fact that you can't control your desire to eat junk food says to me that something deeper is going on here. It's time to seek outside help through a psychologist and/or a support group. Let us know how it's going and good luck!

#350328 - 09/26/09 08:59 AM

Unregistered

well I don't over eat..I mean I'm not fat,but I have a couple extra pounds..you mean binging as in binging on no no foods? That's about to change,at work there is going to be a ban on food,that means people at work who take food and eat it whenever they want without paying for it or being on their work break,gets fired or a suspension of a few days. I don't eat the food when I'm on break cuz my break is only 30mins and I'm too busy relaxing and pushing on my tummy to relieve gas. I'd be too scared to take food any more becaue I never want to get fired or lose several days of work hours.

Immodium new
      #350366 - 09/28/09 07:23 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

I take Immodium when I have having D and I usually don't go to the bathroom for at least a day after.

How much fiber do you take a day? For me, I have found that if I up my fiber too fast I will have to go to the bathroom many times during the day.

--------------------
Janey

Re: Immodium new
      #350367 - 09/28/09 08:09 AM

Unregistered

I take daily maximum of fibercon a day..to keep things so they aren't mushy..yea I went to the bathroom 2 days after I took the imodium.

Immodium new
      #350381 - 09/28/09 01:51 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Be careful with the Immodium. It can plug you up. I only take it when I have the "real" runs. Kind of coming out of me like water. I noticed you mention "sticky" in your posts. If you take Immodium when you have this consistency, you may be plugged up for awhile. Sometimes it's better to let it all out, instead of stopping the flow. But, I will use Immodium on occasion, especially if I need to be somewhere.

#350382 - 09/28/09 02:12 PM

Unregistered

oh no...but do you think when I am able to go to the bathroom it will help bulk the up the stool from the bad foods I ate? like 2 symphony bars w ith nuts, 2 pieces of pizza,fudge sundae from mcdonalds, 2 or 3 double cheese burgers from this week,oh and not to mention a couple pieces of german chocolate torte cake? I know really really bad and I feel so bad and guilty for doing it. I really hope it bulks up the stool,I notice when I eat chocolate my stool is gross and smelly..

#350385 - 09/28/09 02:27 PM
Gerikat

If you continue to eat like that...nothing in the world is going to help you, including Immodium. I don't know about it bulking up the stool. You might be better with a fiber supplement for that. Like I said, I only use Immodium in a pinch, and it can be a life-saver, but you can also abuse it. You don't want to totally plug yourself up. That isn't healthy either.

Just why do you eat that garbage? - nt - new
      #350395 - 09/28/09 07:03 PM
Double J

--------------------

Re: Just why do you eat that garbage? - nt - new
      #350398 - 09/28/09 09:04 PM

Unregistered

I don't even know. This is my last time now as it's 11pm almost the time I want to go to bed but I can't becaue of toilet issues..it's so bad I wonder if I'll get to bed or if i do if I can even get enough sleep...It's so scary and bad I'm forced to do right. It's scared me so bad I don't think I can go back now!

I stand by my previous post about binge eating - nt new
      #350400 - 09/28/09 09:42 PM
frygurl

Reged: 08/18/09

Oh my new
      #350410 - 09/29/09 07:35 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

All of that food would make a person without IBS have stomach issues. I am not surprised that you don't feel well. I don't think immodium is going to help you like you want it to. I use immodium when I have an attack of D or very watery stools. I only use one tablet and I usually don't go for a least one day after and sometimes two.

I honestly think you need to stop spending so much time trying to find a "magic cure" for IBS and put your energy into eating healthy and IBS safe. Once you do this I think you will be surprised at how much better you feel and how much more freedom you will have as far as being able to leave the house.

There is nothing you can take that will make your IBS go away and allow you to eat anything you want. Some of us take medication that works in combination with eating safe foods and we become stable. You have to find what works best for you but eating the way you are now is not working.

--------------------
Janey

#350415 - 09/29/09 08:42 AM
Gerikat

I think it would be best for you to get a handle on your eating. Immodium isn't going to change your IBS. Feeling bad or guilty after eating like that isn't going to help much. Just move forward and quit beating yourself up about it. That gets you NOWHERE!

I have done the same thing myself. Since I don't suffer immediate consequences with my food choices, it is easy for me to go overboard at times. I don't get cramps or pain or even immediate D or C, but in the days to come I will feel it. You have to make a decision if you want health and to feel good, or to continue to eat the junk. If you want to continue to eat the junk, then you are wasting our time.

Just get on with it. Get on a good diet, exercise, use medication if necessary, and don't focus so much of your life on your stool. I guarantee you will feel better. Remember, what you FOCUS on expands. Focus on health and well-being instead of what's in the toilet.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 666 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 18893

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review