All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Training my guts to love wheat again! Any thoughts?
      #349891 - 09/11/09 08:21 PM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

After 6 or more years of eating wheat free, I'm not at all sure I ever needed to change my diet. It helped for a short while, but really worked was getting a hold of dealing with anxiety. Well, after so many years of not eating wheat, I do seem to react the next morning with d after having a large amount of wheat at dinner the night before. But if I eat small amounts I'm fine. Also I can eat a ton of spelt without a reaction, and I'd imagine eating lots of it should equal the gluten in a piece of wheat bread. anyone know?

So, I'm thinking of trying to retrain my system. I've been eating little bites of wheat, i.e. a few pretzels or a bite of my daughters bread, each day for the past few weeks. Not so systematic, but pretty much every day about the same amount more or less. I'm going to try upping it little by little and seeing if I can learn to tolerate it again. I don't miss dairy, raw veggies, red meat, fried food. But my quality of life definitely dropped when I lost my bagels and pasta! And eating out ? Feh! I'm going to see how this goes. I'm curious to hear if anyone thinks this is a good or bad idea!

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Training my guts to love wheat again! Any thoughts? new
      #349900 - 09/12/09 06:52 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Sorry can't help ya on that but I was wondering if you ever found hulless popcorn?It doesn't pop up as big as regular popcorn but I was just eating some last night and I was thinking of you.

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

popcorn new
      #349908 - 09/12/09 12:43 PM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

Hi, That's so funny that you thought of me! I never pursued it, just taking a long break from popcorn. I always keep an eye out for it at the HFS but I haven't seen the hull-less type here in nyc.

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Re: Training my guts to love wheat again! Any thoughts? new
      #349911 - 09/12/09 02:50 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

I can't remember! When I was gluten free I was 17 - 18 so thats 15 years ago. I think when I was given the all clear for gluten I did start slowly but I don't know for sure.

Hope someone else has more insight. Oh, popcorn, I love popcorn....mmmmm... and I still eat it even if it hates me the next day. (But it's not near as bad as I used to get from eating it.)

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4937 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1616

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review