All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
      #349559 - 08/28/09 04:17 PM
Penney

Reged: 08/21/09

I saw my GI doctor today and he suggested the possibility that I may have pelvic floor dysfunction. Does anyone else know about this/have it/been treated for it? Did it help your symptoms. Could it not be IBS at all but rather a pelvic floor dysfunction only? He thinks that I am constipated because the muscles surrounding the rectum do not work properly.

--------------------
IBS-C, GERD, Lactose Intolerant, "Allergic" to Legumes (Soy!), Tree Nuts.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Pelvic Floor Dysfunction new
      #349756 - 09/07/09 12:15 PM
brendaelk

Reged: 09/07/09

hi Penney, I just had a hysterectomy due to pelvic floor dysfunction. I had worn a pessary that helped for a few months but I am 55 yr old and wanted to go ahead with the hyst. It was one of the best things I have done. I was having so much hip and lower back pain with irritable bowel. I feel so much better. If you have pelvic floor problems it can really intefere with bowel and bladder function. I was always constipated. I have fibromyalgia or I thought I did, but I am much better now as far as pain. You will need to get some help even if you do not get surgery, ask about a pessary to hold your uterus up. It is a natural thing for women who have had vaginal births, the muscles in our pelvic floor gets wore out and falls down. good luck to you! brendaelk

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2163 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 907

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review