All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
zoloft for ibs
      #348387 - 07/24/09 09:43 AM
nmcaliente

Reged: 07/31/08

Is anyone taking zoloft for ibs? I know I have posted several messages lately, but I haven't gotten any responses.
I don't know what to do. Nortryptolene had been working for pain of pressure in rectum, pain on buttocks when sitting, and muscle spasms in tailbone area. I went to see my primary care and talked to her about changing my med. She prescribed Zoloft, but was hesitant, because Mayo had prescribed Nortryptolene.
I don't know if all this is the ibs or the pelvic floor dysfunction. I was so happy when I started having bms on my own with the acacia. I don't know if I should try to continue increasing or to decrease back to the dosage when I started having bms. I am constantly in pain, feel weak, losing weight (down to 105 lbs), starting to get anxiety attacks, depressed, and when the paing is extremely bad after enemas, I wish I were dead instead. (not thinking of suicide or anything like that. The pain is so unbearable). I just start praying. Sorry, I was just venting.
Before surgery I had gotten the ibs and pelvic floor dysfunction under control with Heather's diet and Benefiber. I recently switched to Acacia.
Sorry I got off the subject on Zoloft. Have not started Zoloft yet, don't know if I should wait until after I talk to Physician at Mayo. Going back to Mayo next week for more physical therapy and now I am supposed to see a physician for pain. This is a living nightmare. I constantly cry and I don't want to worry my kids.
If there aren't any suggestions. Will any of you please say a prayer for me? Thanks. I will stop now. I am about to start crying. Don't want meds. they just make me worse.

Edited by nmcaliente (07/24/09 10:07 AM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: zoloft for ibs new
      #349304 - 08/22/09 05:07 PM
Penney

Reged: 08/21/09

Is tailbone pain related to IBS. I developed tailbone pain right around when I developed IBS and I've always been wondering if it is related.

I take Zoloft and it seems to help me a little with the IBS symptoms

--------------------
IBS-C, GERD, Lactose Intolerant, "Allergic" to Legumes (Soy!), Tree Nuts.

Re: zoloft for ibs new
      #349320 - 08/22/09 06:47 PM
Penney

Reged: 08/21/09

I am so sorry for your troubles. I too feel like it is a living nightmare. I am praying for you. The only thing we can do is to have hope that things will get better. It is so difficult to do that when things only seem to get worse and worse. But we have no idea what the future holds. Keep trying your best to get this under control. I'm glad we can help each other.

Talk to your doctor. I am happy that I started on zoloft because I really think my recent improvement is linked to it. I'm not completely better by any means... but I think I am somewhat better.

Good luck

--------------------
IBS-C, GERD, Lactose Intolerant, "Allergic" to Legumes (Soy!), Tree Nuts.

Tailbone Pain new
      #356295 - 03/03/10 03:39 AM
capricorn1942

Reged: 10/06/03

I too am wondering whether the tailbone is related to ibs. It would be interesting to know how many others on this board experience tailbone (coccyx) pain or obstruction.

Cheers.

--------------------
ibs-d (pseudo)with pain and bloating

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 301 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5630

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review