All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: UGHHHH!!! CO-WORKERS!!! new
      #348364 - 07/24/09 06:19 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

I understand their perspective, completely. I never said that my co-workers were making me miserable. I just can't mentally handle the situation. It stresses me out to know that there are such good foods in the kitchen ten feet from my office and I can't have any of it.

I understand that they are going to continue living like you said. I don't want them to change. I just wish they could understand what they are doing to their bodies.

It's also hard for me to sit here and smell all this great food being cooked and not be able to eat it. It is very hard for me. That's when I overeat and try to hide it.

Yes, my co-workers know I have this medical condition. Most of them do understand, but they think it's just like a tummy ache when you've eaten too much. (Like a kid wanting to leave school because his tummy hurts) It's much more than what they think it is.

I don't need to be patronized right now. I'm very stressed out.

I don't care if they eat like pigs. I just needed to vent because I can't eat what they do eat.

Now the DH's parents are BEGGING us to come eat supper, again!!!!! We do this once a frigging week, and it gets old, because I have to take my own supper. They cook steaks, and yeah, I know, they are just "living" like they want to. BUT It's so hard to sit there and watch them eat steaks and potatoes drowning in butter and sourcream and bacon and cheese. I don't want to have to watch someone eating this stuff once a week. At least the DH understands and doesn't rub it in my face.

Hell, I can't eat chicken, and they think I can.

I'm just stressed out and needed some words of encouragement.

Sorry.

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#348365 - 07/24/09 06:20 AM
Kappy

Thanks Emmasmom! I'm glad to know that there are others who feel the same as I do about WATCHING other people eat. It's just mentally stressful!

--------------------

#348368 - 07/24/09 07:02 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Its very hard to set and watch someone else eat. I fix my hubands lunch and sometimes just almost droll over his lunch knowing how good that use to taste and then I fix my daughters lunch same thing. We go for walks every night the smell of the pizza place almost makes me cry! And then on down the steet is a ice cream place and theres people walking by with ice cream. Its never ending! My husband belives me and my parents. My older sisters get mad and says its in my head and so rarely does she invite me to eat! Her husbands better to me than she is. Its hard very hard! I am sorry you can't eat chicken do you mind me asking why? If I could just have my ranch back and some beans and broc here and there that would be nice. Hope your doing better today. I hate the fact that we can't go any were with out planning what I am going to eat....... Any thanks for letting me let off some steam to! Have a good day!
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

#348370 - 07/24/09 07:23 AM
Kappy

Thank you fof understanding!

Chicken, unfortunately, is a trigger for me, and I don't know why.

I can eat baked chicken and plain rice, and 15 minutes later, I'm doubled over with pain. Maybe eating too fast, maybe not cutting enough fat off of it? Maybe the protein is too difficult to breakdown.

I can eat fish with no problem. If I couldn't eat fish, I would be vegan. Fish is the only "meat" that I can digest without being uncomfortable after eating. There have been times, though, that I have had trouble from fish as well.

I just dunno...... I wish all of this would go away! I have to plan ahead too for what I'm going to eat. It kind of sucks, especially going on a road trip for the day! Subway is about the only fast food I can eat. I like the baked lays and eat a turkey mini sub. There's not much turkey on it, and when I feel like it's going to be bad, I take the turkey off or just get a veggie sub. But DH completely understands. My parents and his parents understand, but the co-workers, apparently, don't. It's like, "I thought you were on medicine, doesn't that help?" Well NO not all the time. And the meds don't necessarily help for the pain, anymore.

Ugh!

I would love some broccoli too. If I crave it, I will get some from chinese restaurant with the rice and take a bean-o and/or charcocaps and I'm usually ok with it.

You can blow off steam to me anytime! I'm here to listen and to help, when possible.

HUGS! I hope you have a good day too!

--------------------

I'm sorry Gerikat new
      #348379 - 07/24/09 08:35 AM
Kappy

I didn't mean to lash out on you. I just didn't really WANT to hear what you posted but I know I NEEDED to hear it.

Please forgive me. I'm just trying to make it today.

DH and I have an old colored lady we go and check on in the evenings. She is 84 and lives alone. Her husband died earlier this year. She is in fairly good condition for her age, but we are afraid she won't make it much longer. It's very sad.

On top of that, my grandparents are in very poor health. My grandfather was in the hospital before the wedding, and my grandmother just got out of the hospital. He is stressing her WAY OUT!!!! It makes me upset to see him treat her the way he does. He's old-fashioned and wants her to wait on him hand and foot.

My parents are also not doing well. Mom is an alcoholic, and Dad is a diebetic with RA and Diverticulosis and high blood pressure, and he doesn't have a very steady job. Long story.

Anyway, I'm sorry, again. And I'm sorry to hear about your mother and that you can't go on vacation. You need to get your other family members involved. Make them!!! Don't guilt trip them, just tell them you can't do it ALL!!!!!

HUGS.
Kappy

--------------------

#348380 - 07/24/09 08:35 AM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Look out...she's gonna blow!!!!! No, seriously, Kappy, it was not my intention to patronize you. I was just trying to make you realize, that your thoughts right now, aren't going to help you, only hurt you. I know that sometimes it is beyond our control, with our thinking, I mean, but things always get better sooner of later. They never stay the same. I just vented about my mom on another post, so I do understand. It was not my intention to upset you. I always keep in the back of my mind, that things could always be worse. Keep the faith. Peace!

Re: I'm sorry Gerikat new
      #348381 - 07/24/09 08:38 AM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

No problem, Kappy. I allowed myself about 2 seconds of pity regarding Mom, and then thought, oh well, there is always next year. The family you speak of is nowhere to be found. Ho hum, well, I move forward and try not to be bitter.

#348455 - 07/26/09 09:11 PM
Sailing Away

Reged: 03/31/05

I know it isn't much but they are going to continue to trash their bodies eating that junk. The last office potluck everyone brought this cheese and meat and other junk. I bring hummus and pita chips along with some honey crunch mix. Safe for me and better for them. Long story short something caused food poisoning and the majority of them eating the same crap made it tough to figure out what. I have the veggie tray, bread tray and the stuff I brought as the only things in common. Secretly I was so glad it wasn't me but I know they'll keep eating the crap. Sure I put up with all the teasing but I keep thinking that's muscle and not fat. I can do six flights if stairs and not be winded (four if I have my laptop) and I am happy with the person in the mirror who cheats once and awhile on a piece of really good dark chocolate but savors it over five minutes and does it when there is a project accomplished.

Sooner or later you will have one or two that come around. After three years one of the gals and her husband became vegans. We now share cooking tips and occassionally leftovers at lunch to improve the recipes. The three of us feel better about ourselves diet wise but also keep hope the others will figure out.

Keep your chin up Kappy. Somedays are definitely rougher but it isn't worth cheating and being sick to fit in. Your health is so much more than a slice of breakfast casserole is worth. Too bad you can't have those ruled as offensive smells and have them banned from the office.

#348465 - 07/27/09 08:05 AM
Kappy

Thank you so much for the encouraging words! I'm trying to change my attitude and trying not to let it get to me.

That really good piece of dark chocolate is usually my sin after being really good for a couple of weeks. I really enjoy the Green & Black's organic dark chocolate 70% cocoa (or more if I can find it) I love really good dark chocolate and not Hersheys. Hersheys just isn't the same.

Thank you again. You really helped, Sailing Away!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 822 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5099

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review