All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
UGHHHH!!! CO-WORKERS!!!
      #348329 - 07/23/09 01:16 PM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

Ok, so it's LUCY's birthday. She is a teller here. Everyone thinks she is soooooo special. Nothing special about her.

(Sorry, I need to vent, and DH tells me to just blow it off)

So, since it's her birthday and she did this great display for one of our promotional items (a 5 year old could have come up with the idea), she got a HUGE birthday breakfast AND lunch (On my birthday and everyone elses they got zip. And I am one of the hardest working people in this damn bank and I help EVERYONE no matter what they need {sorry to boast}). This is all the food they had:

Breakfast casserole (bread, cheese, sausage, eggs)
Coconut Cake
Cupcakes (I did have a small one, it's duncan hines and it was wonderful, so far so good)
Brisket
Baked Beans (loaded with HFCS)
Potato salad with cream cheese and yellow cheese
Dinner rolls (HFCS)
(there was more, but I can't remember it all)
I'm upstairs where the kitchen is and when they started heating up everything, it smelled oh so wonderful!!!!!! I just felt so upset that I couldn't eat ANY of it (well, except for the cupcake it did help a little)

When they do this, though, it makes me very depressed and upset, and I go into a binge where I want to eat everything, and hide that I am eating it. Then I feel so nasty after eating it that I wanna make myself throw up. Sometimes I do. I know that's bad, but I'm scared of how my stomach will feel with all that food in there. I need some help. Mentally. I'm almost in tears right now, and I shouldn't be, but I'm such a bad person for doing that. I have never told ANYONE that I do that. Please don't judge me. I just can't handle this stuff anymore.

Then, when I don't eat, everyone is like "why aren't you eating" and "do you not like it" and "oh your just dieting you need to quit". I hate it I hate it I HATE IT!!!!!!!

I have been trying not to binge today. It has been hard. I had 4 small figs and 3 pieces of chocolate that were not on my food schedule today apart from the cup cake. That wasn't too bad.

I know that I'm in sooooooo much better health than my co-workers. Every single one of them is VERY over weight (except the guys of course and one older lady). I'm the only one that is in a healthy weight range for my height.

Then everyone complains about being fat. UGGGHHHHH!!!!!!! Can they just see what they are doing to themselves? (Look who's talking)

Please, anybody, I need some encouragement.

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: UGHHHH!!! CO-WORKERS!!! new
      #348330 - 07/23/09 01:45 PM
Wendy1234

Reged: 02/06/08

It is tough at work functions, I know. I always end up eating some unsafe food and regret it badly. Like today. You really need to try to not vomit though. It will become a bad cycle.

I would like to see Heather or Erin give us tips on how to handle everything psychologically speaking about IBS. Like the mental aspects of it. I struggle with food daily in that I know things will mess me up, but somtimes I still eat them. I think it is because of a bit of self denial that my IBS will act up and I want to fit in with everyone else. I think my main problem is not taking the time to prepare safe foods.

But, it is a mental struggle as much as a physical struggle. It would be good if somebody researched on how to help us deal with those aspects.

#348332 - 07/23/09 02:03 PM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

I don't know what I can say that will help other than I understand. I've never binged, but I do know how you feel because I have been in similar situations where I just want to scream. But, instead, I put a smile on my face and deal with it later when I'm alone.

Hang in there! And know that your friends here are always there for you! {{{lots of hugs}}}

#348333 - 07/23/09 02:03 PM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

I bet she's sleeping with the boss!

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#348334 - 07/23/09 02:04 PM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

LOL!LOL!LOL! Good one Dragonfly!

#348335 - 07/23/09 02:21 PM
Kappy

The only thing is the boss is a Woman! lol

--------------------

#348336 - 07/23/09 02:23 PM
Kappy

thank you both. I have done really well today (haven't necessarily binged and have not purged at all)

I'm just crying inside. It just seems that EVERYWHERE I go I run into this problem. We try to be very social when there are events going on. But it's so hard!!!!

I can't stand having to deny myself good food, especially coconut cake and breakfast casserole .

I'm hanging in there, but it's only by a thread.

Thank you, both, again, for trying to help me.

--------------------

#348337 - 07/23/09 02:47 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I know what you mean last week we went to a cook out and there was food every were and it looked and smelled so good! I sat with my chicken and baked chips and watch everyone eat taco salad and cheesebugers and baked beans. This moring my daughter had doughnuts for breakfeast and I had the same old bowel of crisp-x. At lunch dh had a big bowel of canloupe and that was it look and smelled so good I cried for like a hour!!! I miss food so much some days I know in my heart it not worth the stomach pains! But why can't I just be normal and eat like everyone else does!!! Your not alone today! Theres a awesome choclate chip cookie reicpe on the board if that helps. I made them a couple of weeks ago and it helped but today I could use a big bowel of choclate ice-cream or some really good mexican food!!! HUGS XXX
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

Wendy..... new
      #348338 - 07/23/09 02:50 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I agree sometimes the mental is worse on me than anything! I am so sick of eating the same things everyday! I feel like a robot! Thanks for saying this I am glad I not alone!
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

#348339 - 07/23/09 03:35 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

Oh Kappy, you have to see it from their perspective. They are not setting out to ruin you. Sometimes we tend to blame the world for our condition, and all they are doing is getting on with living. They don't know where you're coming from, so, no, they will not get it, at least in this lifetime, but that does not make them bad people, nor does it make you a bad person. They don't purposefully bring in all that so-called "bad" food, to ruin your day.

It seems to me that you are upsetting yourself about something you have no control over. Sorry, but DH is right. Not only are you making yourself miserable about the food, but you are making yourself mentally/emotionally a mess. How is that helping the IBS?

Most of us have to work, so we have to learn how to deal with co-workers. Most mean no harm, but for those few that are unkind human beings...do what DH says and blow them off. Just worry about you and not what everyone else is doing. Have you ever shared with your co-workers that you have a medical condition? I bet they would be more understanding than you think.

I am not trying to be hard on you, but take a listen to yourself. Is it your co-workers making you miserable, or is it you making you miserable?????

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 67 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5046

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review