All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Librium for anxiety
      #348109 - 07/15/09 03:50 PM
mrae

Reged: 02/05/09
Loc: California

I had posted yesterday that my doctor prescribed me Librax but I just got the medicine and its Librium. Has anyone taken this for anxiety before or has anyone heard of it. Has it helped at all?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Librium for anxiety new
      #348110 - 07/15/09 03:56 PM
butterbean

Reged: 01/25/09

Yes I take it for both my IBS and Anxiety. It has helped me alot but keep in mind that it is in the same class of drugs that Ativan, Xanax, Klonopin, and Valium are so they can be addicting. If you take them regularly you don't want to stop cold turkey you will need to ween yourself off them little at a time. It helps calm down the gut so the colon relaxes. It made me tired for the first 5 days I took it then after that I was fine. What dose did he give you and how often are you to take it? It is a fast acting med and has a longer lasting affect than the other meds i mentioned above.

--------------------
IBS-D, GAD (general anxiety disorder), Major Recurrent Depression, GERD (gastric reflux disease), Hiatal Hernia, PTSD

#348112 - 07/15/09 04:03 PM
mrae

My capsules are 25mg but he wanted me to start out with 1/2 in the morning and if that wasn't enough take another 1/2 at night but since they are capsule form I can't break it. I am waiting for the Dr to call me because Iwill have to take 1 in the morning. I have anxiety along with urgency issues and am hoping it will settle both. I know everyone is different but knowing it has helped you gives me some hope that it will help me. Are you ibs-d or c? Do you have urgency issues at all? What amount do you take of the medicine?

#348126 - 07/16/09 06:28 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

Oops. Sorry, I saw this post after posting about Librax.

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

#348142 - 07/16/09 09:53 AM
butterbean

Reged: 01/25/09

I am IBS-D always have been. Yes I have urgency issues alot. I do not go anywhere if I dont where the bathroom is. I take 25mg capsules 3x a day. But I also have general anxiety and post traumatic stress disorder ( a new diagnosis) so am taking it for both the ibs and the anxiety issues. They put me on it about 4 months ago because I was not responding to other medicatios and kept having alot of problems. I ended up losing 65 lbs in 5 months time. I can eat now but have to make myself eat. For some reason when I got sick it took away my hunger pains and my appetite. I am waiting to get some medical insurance help so that I can go to the dr about it. The EFI diet for me is the only way I can eat without having to head straight to the bathroom within minutes of eating. I do alot better now but still have problems.

--------------------
IBS-D, GAD (general anxiety disorder), Major Recurrent Depression, GERD (gastric reflux disease), Hiatal Hernia, PTSD

#348151 - 07/16/09 04:49 PM
mrae

My doctor called today and said to go ahead and take 1 25mg capsule in the morning. Is that alot to start out with? Ihope not but he said it was ok.

#348173 - 07/17/09 01:53 PM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

I take Lexapro for anxiety. Never heard of what you are on.

Re: Librium for anxiety/Butterbean new
      #348241 - 07/20/09 01:28 PM
mrae

I have taken the Librium 25mg for the last 3 days and I don't really feel tired or any type of side effects from it. Does it take a few weeks of taking it to notice if its helping with the anxiety? Its just different than the Lorazepam was. That worked right away.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2004 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4694

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review