Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Re: To the preggo women or mommies new
      #348003 - 07/12/09 09:09 PM
steffiejoy

Reged: 11/26/07
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Thanks!!!
We are super excited! I was put on a prenatal long before we started trying. Its a pretty heavy duty one with plenty of folic acid. Which now isnt exactly setting well with me. It makes me feel better knowing that your IBS was bad in the beginning too. I keep reading about having constipation while pregnant and I keep wondering when thats gonna happen, cause I am quite the opposite right now! Thanks for the calcium advice I think I will try that. Hopefully it will get better after my first trimester

Stefanie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#348004 - 07/12/09 09:21 PM
steffiejoy

Thanks!! And congrats on your baby too!! I figured the hormones had a lot to do with it and I know mine are quite high right now being that I just cried when I couldnt eat icecream and my husband did- I havent cried over my IBS since I was first trying to figure out what was wrong with me!
I havent thrown up yet, but boy have I come close. The nausea can get kinda bad in the morning so I took your advice and bought some saltines (I found fat free ones) and am gonna try that in the morning. I'm following the EFI diet I just worry that I dont get enough vegetables cause I am "d" I really stay away from them with the exception of carrots and mushrooms. Anyways thats for the help!! I am sure I will start feeling better

Stefanie

Re: How about ginger new
      #348005 - 07/12/09 09:24 PM
steffiejoy

Thanks!!! I think I do need to pick up some ginger, I've been looking for the ginger altoids but havent found them yet.

#348006 - 07/12/09 09:29 PM
steffiejoy

Thats crazy Aly that you might not even have IBS! How long have you thought you had IBS? What an adjustment this would be if you had to change your diet- but if it finally got you relief it would be way worth it!
I bought some fat free saltines so I am going to try to eat a few of those before I even get out of bed in the morning and see if that helps. Its seeming like a lot of women with IBS had it pretty bad in the beginning so thats good to know at least. Well hope youre feeling well!! Have a great Monday!!

Stefanie

#348053 - 07/14/09 08:50 AM
ajtheartist

Reged: 08/02/07
Loc: Lincoln, UK

Hi and congrats on the pregnancy! I bet you are looking forward to your first scan - it really is magic to see that little heartbeat and wriggly legs!
I'm just coming up for 12 weeks now. I'm and IBS C and used to get so many attacks it put me off becoming a Mum, but in the end we took the plunge and in my case the first 8 weeks of the pregnancy my IBS seemed almost to have gone, apart from falling asleep at 9.30 at night I felt great! A bit of morning sickness has now set in and I've just had my second IBS attack of the pregnancy. Basically my bowel is lazier than ever and managing it is already a struggle - I'm not sure what's going to happen by the time we get to December / January and I'm the size of a small country My doc has told me to go easy on the laxatives as they can cause spasms of the gut and uterus. The next 6 months are going to be a real balancing act. If anyone out there has any tips for me I'd be very grateful.
On the morning sickness side of things thin arrowroot biscuits (cookies) can be really nice when you don't feel like eating much

#348078 - 07/15/09 04:34 AM
lovejoy_22

Reged: 02/21/03
Loc: Henderson, NC

It is kind of ironic that this was the first post I looked at today. I came to the site to ask about what to do during pregnancy. I am 31 weeks pg today and I have had raging "d" since the beginning. It goes from one extreme to the other. I will take immodium and then five days later I'll have to take a stool softener which then sends me back to the other extreme.

I was pretty stable for quite a few years prior to getting pregnant. I am hoping and praying that it goes back to normal after I have her.

Joy

--------------------
lovejoy_22

#348102 - 07/15/09 01:59 PM
steffiejoy

Congrats!! I am only about 7 weeks along so the morning sickness is just starting for me. But I have had worse "d" than I usually do since the beginning. It doesnt seem to matter what I eat (which makes me want to indulge on cheesecake and icecream if chicken and rice is going to make me sick!) Hopefully it will get better. Did it get better for you at all? That stinks that at 31 weeks youre still having "d". Youre almost done though!!! Do you know what youre having?

Stefanie

#348104 - 07/15/09 02:55 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

I used Natural Calm throughout my pregnancy to combat the dreaded C - which is horrible during pregnancy even if you DON'T have IBS! So if you can order it online (not sure if you can find it in the UK?), I highly recommend it! Way safer than things like Milk of Magnesia.

Congrats and good luck!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#348230 - 07/20/09 06:33 AM
lovejoy_22

Reged: 02/21/03
Loc: Henderson, NC

I am having a girl. It would get better for me few a few days and then it would come back. I am at the point now that I take immodium Sun - Thur and take a stool softener Fri-Sat so that I can actually make it to work Mon-Fri, but not die from the pain. It can be very frustrating. I tried to do a really strict diet again when it first started, but like you it didn't matter what I ate so I indulged. I figure, hey after I have her I will go back to the EFI diet really strictly, but if I am going to be miserable I might as well eat what I want within reason.

I wish you all of the luck during the pregnancy. I hope it does get better for you. For some it does, it just doesn't seem to be my luck.

Thanks,
Joy

--------------------
lovejoy_22

I'm scared.....
      #348235 - 07/20/09 08:31 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

that I am pregnant. We've only been married for two months, and I've been really dizzy, nauseous, sick feeling, not usual IBS patterns. I go to OBGYN tomorrow to get my yearly pap. Will she be able to tell then or do I need to get a test?

I'm so scared. Like I said, we've only been married two months. We aren't ready at all. Not planned. He still has a semester of school left, and we don't know what's going to happen after that. We weren't even planning on having kids, period! I just don't know what to do.

Worrying about it gets my stomach in knots. I've been so hungry the last few days. And I just eat and eat and eat, and of course, now, I'm in terrible pain. I don't want to move from my desk because the pain is so bad. But then the dizziness, nausea, sicky feeling comes back!

I'm so scared and nervous. Any advice?

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 113 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12133

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review