Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
To the preggo women or mommies
      #347878 - 07/08/09 07:09 PM
steffiejoy

Reged: 11/26/07
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Hey everyone!
Great news: I'm pregnant!! YAY!! While my husband and I are super super excited, my ibs is aweful right now! I am a little over 5 weeks preggo and today everything I've eaten- including chicken and rice has gone right through me. It makes me nervous to have this much "d" so early on in my pregnancy. Did anyone else have this? Did your IBS symptoms get worse like mine seem to be doing or did they get better? I'm worried that they are only going to get worse. I assume this is a result of the hormones and the huge change that my body is undergoing. I just dont know what to eat. I know I have to eat something. I'm afraid I am not going to get the proper nutrition. I appreciate your help!! Hope all your tummies are cooperating!

Stefanie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: To the preggo women or mommies new
      #347879 - 07/08/09 07:13 PM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

Ok, I've never been pregnant, but I just wanted to say a BIG BIG BIG congrats! You must be so excited! I hope that belly settles down. I've heard from some friends that even they get some D in the early stages of pregnancy, so there is hope it'll get better soon! hang in there! CONGRATS:)

--------------------
IBS-A

#347880 - 07/08/09 08:59 PM
steffiejoy

Thanks Aly!! We are sooo excited! I expected to feel this way, I guess I am just worried that I'm not getting the proper nutrition and I am hoping I wont feel this way for the whole pregnancy! How are you doing? I read about your gastic emptying stuff. I have no experience with that, but it sounded really unpleasant! Was it helpful? Did you find anything out with it? I hope you are feeling well these days! Hows the weather been in Columbus? Its finally getting nice again here in Cleveland. The Fourth of July was downright cold! Thanks again!!!

Stefanie

#347892 - 07/09/09 10:16 AM
Wendy1234

Reged: 02/06/08

Congrats!!!! Just out of curiousity, how far along were you when you found out you were pregnant? Did you have a lot of bloating as well as D? We don't get too many pregnant women posting, so I'm always wondering how IBS affects pregnancy. We are TTC as well.

#347894 - 07/09/09 10:43 AM
steffiejoy

Hi Wendy,
When I found out I was pregnant I was about 3 or 4 weeks along. It didnt take me long to get pregnant- we only tried for a month! Which I was shocked! I have been bloated, I tend to get really hungry then eat a normal amount of food and then be sooo full that I dont want to eat for a day! Mainly though right now I am dealing with some morning sickness- I just feel crappy when I wake up (I havent thrown up yet) naueous and I wake up with a headache. My IBS is just aweful right now. I have "d" with everything I eat. I take a pre-natal but I am still worried about nutrition. I've heard/read that some people with IBS have their symptoms completely dissappear when they get pregnant and others it worsens...apparently mine have worsened. I am hoping once my body gets used to this and all the hormones the IBS will get better. Good luck on TTC!! Thats so exciting! How long have you guys been TTC?

Stefanie

#347895 - 07/09/09 10:59 AM
Wendy1234

Reged: 02/06/08

We have been trying for a few months now. I have heard that too that either the IBS is gone or it's worse than ever. I guess it is the hormones having a lot to do with it. Hopefully it will pass for you. Probably in your second trimester things will get better for you. It's so exciting for you!!

#347939 - 07/10/09 10:50 AM
erindAdministrator

Reged: 03/19/08
Loc: Seattle, WA

Congratulations on your pregnancy! My husband and I just had a baby so I understand the frustrations and morning sickness. Just know that the second trimester gets much better. I went from throwing up at least 3 times a week to feeling great during the second trimester. For the nausea I would try to eat some crackers before you normally wake up. I would keep saltines right next to my bed. Once I felt sick I didn't want to eat anything. If I ate before I woke up, I didn't throw up or feel sick. I also kept a stash of candied ginger with me at all times for the nausea. You can also drink ginger and peppermint tea.

Diarrhea and constipation or typical during pregnancy. The surge of hormones will do that. Just make sure that you are following the EFI diet and consuming enough soluble fiber. If you are taking the acacia you may want to increase the dose a bit. They will also tend to trigger your IBS. For gas and bloating I would drink fennel tea. Drink alot of water too! If you decide to breastfeed, you can drink the fennel tea if your baby is gassy. It's really important to do some type of stress relief exercise everyday. I loved yoga. I was too tired in the morning but would do the pregnancy yoga after work. Walking does the same thing for me. Enjoy every minute of your pregnancy.

I hope this helps!
Erin

--------------------
Erin Dudley, MS, CN
Certified Nutritionist
Heather's Tummy Care / Heather & Company for IBS, LLC
IBS Education, Support, & Products
Toll Free: 866 640 4942 Direct: 206 264 8069 Fx: 206 264 8072
80 S. Washington St. #304, Seattle, WA 98104 USA

Patient Support Site: HelpForIBS.com
Wholesale Accounts: HeathersTummyCare.com
Co-Packing Services

Join Heather's IBS Newsletter Here
Join us on Facebook!
Join us on MySpace!

LEGAL DISCLAIMER - This email is not intended to replace the services of a physician, nor does it constitute a doctor-patient relationship. Any application of the recommendations in this email is at the reader's discretion. Heather Van Vorous and Heather & Company for IBS, LLC are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this email and/or any web site(s) linked to/from it. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations in this email

How about ginger new
      #347962 - 07/11/09 11:24 AM
glasgowgirl

Reged: 09/01/08
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

In biscuit (cookie) or tea form it can help with nausea.

Congrats on the baby. A friend of mine who has Colitis felt dreadful for the first ten weeks but then recovered after the first trimester.

--------------------
Stable IBS D

#347965 - 07/11/09 03:26 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

First of all, CONGRATS!!! That is wonderful!

Second, DON'T WORRY about nutrition during that first trimester. All you really need right now is fluids and plenty of folic acid. Are you taking a supplement or a multivitamin that has enough? Those are the two most important things during the first trimester.

Third, by the end of your pregnancy, you'll be so backed up, you'll be wishing for D again! Seriously, my IBS was at its worst right at the beginning, too, and then I had no problems with it at all the rest of my pregnancy. The only other times I noticed it a little was when I transitioned between trimesters. Maybe try taking some extra calcium right now? That usually helps with D, and the calcium would be good for you and baby!

Good luck!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#347994 - 07/12/09 03:36 PM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

Well, congrats. It's an exciting time for you! I think you and I are really similar. I'm sure I'll be just as worried when I get pregnant! LOL
But good luck--I hope things settle down and you can enjoy the pregnancy.
The delayed emptying test came back and it showed that I do have a delay. I talked with my doc for a second on Fri and she's setting me up with a dietician and starting my on a special diet...I'm not sure what to think. She mentioned that I might still have IBS, but possibly not...hmmm.
The weather has been good this week. I hear you about the 4th! I was in a sweatshirt watching the fireworks! No fun! But this past week finally got warm and sunny...except for the storms yesterday. I just heard on the news we even had a few tornados touch down nearby! Crazy!
Well, happy belly thoughts to you!!:)

--------------------
IBS-A

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 81 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12107

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review