All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: I'm scared..... new
      #348244 - 07/20/09 01:41 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I would take a test before you go. That way you'll know and you can also miss your period for lots of other reasons.Take the test you'll feel better if your not then tell your ob whats going on. If you are than just take it from there one day at a time. hth and good luck!
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#348248 - 07/20/09 01:44 PM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

Thanks Emmasmom! I needed some encouragement!

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

Re: To the preggo women or mommies new
      #349434 - 08/25/09 01:20 PM
jkthurlow

Reged: 08/25/09

Congrats! I am pregnant too. I am five weeks or eight weeks (not sure about the exact date - need to wait until I see the doctor for my first official visit). I have had the same problem, really nauseated with "D" or "C". I increased my fiber (I now take two tablespoons twice daily). I also eat every a small "meal" or "snack" about every two hours. Since I eat so often I have been eating salad (with a little bread like Heather says). Even though I am on pre-natals, I have been getting regular soda crackers and trying to get as much calories from as a little food as possible. Oh and Gingerale has been great too. I hope this helps! Best of Luck, Jenni

#349478 - 08/26/09 11:44 AM
Wendy1234

Reged: 02/06/08

I found out last week I'm pregnant. I'm excited, but I'm in my sixth week and wow, I've been having a time with D. I have had some nausea, but the D is worse I think. Is it safe to take Immodium? I will check with the doc, but it's been a rough day. And can we drink peppermint tea?

Also, how did you manage getting your nutrients? I take my prenatal vitamin, but my food choices have not been the best. That is when I eat. Fruit/veggies make me incredibly bloated. Thanks for any advice!

#349601 - 08/31/09 04:02 PM
steffiejoy

Reged: 11/26/07
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Congrats!!
I am now 13 weeks along so my nausea has gotten much better. While I am still dealing with some "d" I am feeling better. Its hard in the beginning but just know that it does get better. I seem to randomly get set off. For no reason I will have to run to the bathroom (which of course happens right in the middle of teaching!). Mainly I am very tired and dealing with some hardcore bad allergies! Good luck on getting through your first trimester, that is the hardest and after that it will get better! Congrats!

Stefanie

#349604 - 08/31/09 04:09 PM
steffiejoy

Reged: 11/26/07
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Congrats on being pregnant!! I am now 13 weeks along and the beginning was the hardest. I could eat chicken and plain white rice and then run to the bathroom. I ended up losing 5 pounds. I have read that you can take immodium. I never did, I just toughed it out but its hard. The first trimester is the worst, all the hormones and your body adjusting. But now I am feeling better. My nausuea has almost gone away completly and I still have some random bouts of "d" but for the most part it has gotten much better. I dont see why peppermint tea would be a problem.

As for nutrients- I've been craving fruit which typically would be a no no for me, but I do try to eat as much as possible. I also make sure I take my pre-natal. The hardest has been the cravings that I've had. All I've wanted was taco bell! Which would not go over too well! I think as long as you take your pre-natal youre ok. Just try to get as much fruit and veggies and protein as you can. Its hard, but it does get better! Good luck and congrats!!

Stefanie

#349623 - 08/31/09 08:57 PM
goldiloks72

Reged: 07/28/09

How late are you? Sometimes I can get all of those symptoms you are explaining from my PMS. If you are two weeks late do take a test.
Hugs to you,
Julie

#349624 - 08/31/09 09:04 PM
goldiloks72

Reged: 07/28/09

I just wrote you but see that you ARE pregnant. Congratulations to you. I am still contemplating whether or not to go for it. I was so sick off and on with what they now know is IBS. My symptoms were unusual with severe vomiting and constipation so I had to undergo every test to rule out everything else. Have you tried adding 5-6 prunes a day to your diet as a supplement? I have them everyday. I don't get constipated anymore. Not to mention they are loaded with antioxidants. I am thinking of you,
Julie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 82 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12131

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review