All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
LORAZEPAM (DAILY)
      #347321 - 06/19/09 10:02 PM
mrae

Reged: 02/05/09
Loc: California

My doctor told me that I need to take my Lorazepam daily to see any results from it. I was just doing as needed but my anxiety is on the daily pretty much. So now I have to take 1mg at 8:00pm every night to see how that will work. Does anyone take this type of medicine and if so do you take it daily? Has it helped with your anxiety?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: LORAZEPAM (DAILY) new
      #347324 - 06/20/09 01:59 AM
butterbean

Reged: 01/25/09

I have taken it before but not just 1 time a day at night. It is a short acting benziopide. Usually lasting around 4-6 hours depending on the person. I was on it 4 times a day @ 1mg for several months. The only side effect I had from it is that is made me drowsy but it did help with the anxiety alot. I switched to a different medication only becuase this new one is suppose to help with my IBS and anxiety both.

--------------------
IBS-D, GAD (general anxiety disorder), Major Recurrent Depression, GERD (gastric reflux disease), Hiatal Hernia, PTSD

#347327 - 06/20/09 08:02 AM
mrae

I am suppose to take it twice a day but he wanted me to start out at one a day for about a week. So we will see if it will help or not.

#347344 - 06/21/09 10:35 AM
sandyindy

Reged: 11/21/08
Loc: Indiana

i was wondering what medication you're on. I am currently taking klonopin for anxiety and remeron for depression. they've helped my ibs-d but i'm pretty tired all the time. thanks for answer.

#347347 - 06/21/09 02:20 PM
mrae

I'm not sure if you were asking me but I take immodium as needed and Lorazepam for anxiety but it makes me extremely tired. I am going to be asking to switch my anxiety meds when I see my gastro doc in a week. I also have Lomotil that I take as needed that to helps calm my nerves when I take 2 at a time but there again makes me somewhat tired.

#347349 - 06/21/09 03:57 PM
butterbean

Reged: 01/25/09

I am taking Librium 25mg 3x times a day. The drowsiness that you feel goes away after you have been taking it for a few days. Lomotil is normally used for Diarhea so not sure how it would help with anxiety. It also has properties to help with the spasms in your bladder, stomach, and intestines.

--------------------
IBS-D, GAD (general anxiety disorder), Major Recurrent Depression, GERD (gastric reflux disease), Hiatal Hernia, PTSD

#347493 - 06/24/09 11:26 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

I take mine on a as needed basis.I start with half a pill.
Do you have severe anxiety?
Mine totally depends on my IBS and how I am feeling.I started trying Lorazapam in December and I take half a pill.I have taken a whole pill but it just about killed me(tired I mean, I couldn't stay awake!)
I have had t take half a pill maybe once a month for a few months and I have been good,Just knowing I have them seems to take away my anxiety.
I'm going to guess you have severe anxiety?Maybe talk to you r doc about taking half a pill twice a day.as long as you keep busy,you should be ok to make it through without falling a sleep.I would think it better to keep a steady supply in your body.I just need mine to get where I need to go.Once there,I;m fine.
HTH

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#347558 - 06/25/09 11:16 PM
Grammy

Reged: 06/24/09
Loc: Massachusetts

Hi. I take 1 mg. at bedtime, every night. I have taken less and also more, but have settled on the 1 mg. as the right amount to help me fall asleep (which hasn't worked tonight!) without leaving me groggy in the morning. But some people take it only when feeling anxious, and they report feeling the effect more, perhaps because their body is not accustomed to it regularly. There's no harm in taking it daily.

--------------------
Grammy, 71 years of age, very active for someone with Fibromyalgia, IBS, and a scary medical history. Grateful to be alive!

#347674 - 06/29/09 06:38 PM
mrae

Yes from having my ibs I have developed extreme anxiety over going anywhere. I take half of one if needed during the day and one at night to help me sleep. I have just heard how addicting it is and have also noticed when I first started taking it on a daily basis and then started taking it just as needed, it took me a week or so not to have a headache and insomnia. I haven't taken it since last Tuesday night because I have had surgery and just havent taken it. I probably will only take as needed from now on so I don't have the side effects of coming off of it.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 58 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4991

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review